Link

Social

Embed

Download

Download
Download Transcript

[00:00:04]

>> GOOD MORNING. MY NAME IS FRAN ROSS AND I'M THE SPECIAL MAGISTRATE WHO WILL BE PRESIDING OVER THE HEARING. YOU RECEIVED A NOTICE BECAUSE YOUR PROPERTY WAS PROBABLY IN VIOLATION OF CITY ORDINANCE. YOU WERE GIVEN TIME TO CORRECTED AND AS OF THIS MORNING IF NOT DONE SO. FOR THOSE OF YOU WAS TO BE HEARD WILL CALL YOUR CASE SHORTLY. IN THE MEANTIME, IF YOU DON'T MIND, PLEASE STAND FOR THE PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE. I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND TO THE REPUBLIC FOR WHICH IT STANDS, ONE NATION, UNDER GOD, INDIVISIBLE WITH LIBERTY

AND JUSTICE FOR ALL. ALL OF YOU HAVE BEEN SWORN. >> NOT YET.

[A. ADMINISTRATION OF OATH TO DEPARTMENTAL WITNESSES]

>> SPECIAL MAGISTRATE: A MOVING TOO FAST. >> PLEASE RAISE YOUR RIGHT HAND. DO YOU SWEAR OR AFFIRM THE TESTIMONY YOU'RE ABOUT TO GIVE

WILL BE THE TRUTH. >> YESTERDAY. YES WE DO.

>> SPECIAL MAGISTRATE: MADAME CLERK WHEN YOU'RE READY. THE FIRST CASE.

[A. 20-0052 CE 620 S US Highway 1 Neeto Investments LLC Lentin LLC Heather Debevec]

>> THE CLERK: THE FIRST CASE WE HAVE IS PORPOISE AVENUE, 20 ã 0335.

>> WERE GOING TO DO THE ONES THAT ARE PRESENT. >> NO, 585A.

>> CASE 20 ã52, 620 S. US HIGHWAY ONE NEETO INVESTMENTS LLC.

>> TURN THAT IN. >> WHEN YOU ARE READY. >> GOOD MORNING, SPECIAL MAGISTRATE. I WAS PREVIOUSLY SWORN. THIS IS CASE NUMBER 2052, 620 S. US HIGHWAY ONE OWNED BY NEETO INVESTMENTS LLC AND LENTIN INVESTMENTS LLC.

THE CASE WAS INITIATED ON THE 20TH OF THIS YEAR AND YOU HAVE THEM GET IN TOUCH WITH THE CONTRACTOR TO REMOVE THE. 16 ã46, 16 IS 48, MAINTENANCE OF NUISANCE ON PROPERTY A NUISANCE AS AN OBJECT. OBTAIN A PERMIT TO REMOVE THE CEMENT TILING REMNANTS FROM THE PROPERTY. THE CITY REQUESTED THAT THE SPECIAL MR. STRAIGHT FUNDS VIOLATION EXISTS THAT THE FILING TO BE GIVEN 30 DAYS TO OBTAIN A PERMIT AND COMPLY WITH CONDITIONS AND A FINE OF $50 PER DAY BE ASSESSED. I DO HAVE PHOTOS TO SUBMIT.

>> SPECIAL MAGISTRATE: WERE THESE PRIVIES WE SUBMITTED THEY NEW ONES.

>> THERE IS ONE NEW ONE. >> GO-AHEAD. >> AND HAS RESPOND TO HAVE A

CHANCE TO REVIEW THEM. >> NO. >> LESS OF THEM LET'S LET THEM

LOOK AT IT. >> BRING THEM TO US. BASICALLY THE SAME THING.

>> THEY ASKED AT THE LAST HEARING TO INSERT YOUR NAME. >> ARNOLD FREE, I'M ONE OF THE OWNERS. HE WOULD ASK MY PARTNER AND I WAS NOT HERE AT THE FIRST HEARING. TO PLEASE GET A PRICE FOR THE REMOVAL WHICH WE HAVE HERE.

YOU WANT TO SHOW THAT HER. YOU CAN KEEP THAT. THAT IS AN EXTRA COPY.

>> WHILE WE ARE VIEWING THAT, I WOULD MOVE TO ADMIT THE PHOTOS OF CITIES ONE COMPOSITE.

>> SPECIAL MAGISTRATE: THAT PWILL BE ADMITTED TO CITY COMPOSITE ONE.

YOU HAVE A COPY OF THIS OR YOU WANT TO COPY? >> IT TOOK US SIX WEEKS.

CAN I SPEAK? >> SPECIAL MAGISTRATE: HOLD ON TO SECOND SUE ON THESE WILL BE ADMITTED AS DEFENSE COMPOSITE ONE BUT YOU'RE FREE TO GET A COPY OF IT.

>> YES MA'AM. >> STATE YOUR NAME. >> ARNOLD FRIED ONE OF THE OWNERS. YES HER PARTNER DENNIS TO GET A PRICE.

I CALLED SIX CONTRACTORS AND ONLY ONE RESPONDED AND IT TOOK ME SIX WEEKS TO GET THE PRICE.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY DON'T WANT TO GO UP THERE AND WORK BUT THAT IS THE BEST PRICE I

CAN GET AND IT'S QUITE EXPENSIVE. >> YOUR HONOR, I WOULD LIKE TO

POINT OUT. >> SPECIAL MAGISTRATE: SEE YOUR NAME FOR THE RECORD.

>> DENNIS LENTIN. WANT TO POINT OUT ONE OF THE THINGS WE'VE ALWAYS OBJECTED TO, ARE THESE BLOCKS THAT ARE THERE PREDATE THE LAW THAT WAS WRITTEN IN 1996 BASED ON THE 94

[00:05:07]

LAW, BASED ON THE 1956 LAW. THESE BLOCKS HAVE BEEN THERE SINCE APPROXIMATELY 1920.

SOME OF THEM HAD POLLS THAT WENT UP IN THE AIR WHEN THE CITY ASKED US TO REMOVE THEM AND WE HAVE THE POLLS CUT OFF. BUT AS YOU CAN SEE, IT IS TWO DIFFERENT THINGS.

MY PARTNER WILL TELL YOU ABOUT THE FINANCIAL HARDSHIP THAT THIS DOES CAUSE US.

>> WE ARE BOTH CLOSE TO 80 YEARS OLD AND WE HAVE ON THE PROPERTY FOR 16 YEARS AND WE HAVE TRIED TO SELL IT AND THERE'S A SIGN ON IT NOW AND IT IS LISTED WITH THE BROKER AND WE HAVE HAD A COUPLE OF INQUIRIES BUT NOTHING CONCRETE. WE DO PAY INSURANCE AND TAXES FOR 16 YEARS AND AT $4500 AND SOME CHANGE, IT IS DEFINITELY A HARDSHIP FOR US TO REMOVE IT AND WE FEEL IN OUR HEARTS THAT THESE WERE THERE SO LONG, THEY REALLY DO NOT POSE A NUISANCE BECAUSE NO ONE USES THE PROPERTY AND NO ONE PARKS ON IT AND NOW THE STATE HAS CONTACTED US TO DO SOME TEST BORINGS AT THE STATE'S EXPENSE BECAUSE THEY FOUND SOME CONTAMINATION ACROSS THE STREET AND THEY ARE GOING TO DO TEST BORINGS TO SEE IF THERE IS CONTAMINATION ON THE LAND AND IF THERE IS, THEY SAID THEY WOULD REMOVE IT AT THEIR EXPENSE.E ARE ASKING THE COURT TO ALLOW THESE CEMENT PIECES TO STAY BECAUSE OF THE AGE OF THEM AND THEY REALLY

DON'T PRESENT A DANGER TO ANYONE. >> WE ALSO FOUND THAT UNDER THE DEFINITION THAT WERE USED, THESE REALLY ARE NOT A NUISANCE.

>> SPECIAL MAGISTRATE: WHY DO YOU FEEL LIKE THEY'RE NOT A NUISANCE?

>> THERE NOT DEBRIS LAYING AROUND. THEY ARE PART OF AN INTEGRATED LIGHT SYSTEM THAT USED TO BE USED TO ELIMINATE THE PROPERTY. WHEN IT IS USED AGAIN BY SOMEBODY ELSE, THEY MIGHT BE USABLE. I WILL MAKE SURE THAT IS NOT A PART OF THAT. THAT PREDATES ALL THE LAWS AND PREDATES THEM DO ANYTHING

FURTHER. >> AND MM ONE WITH REGARDS TO THE GRANDFATHERED IN ARGUMENT, I'M PRETTY SURE IF THEY HAD REMAINED AS THE ORIGINAL FIXTURES YOU WOULD HAVE A GOOD

ARGUMENT THAT THE POLLS HAVE BEEN REMOVED. >> AT THE REQUEST OF THE CITY.

>> AT THE REQUEST OF THE CITY AND NOW LOOKING AT THE PICTURES, WHAT YOU HAVE IS THE REASON WHY YOU'RE HERE NOW. THEY'RE JUST PIECES OF CONCRETE THAT HELD POLLS THAT NO LONGER EXISTS. I UNDERSTAND THE HARDSHIP. I TRULY DO.

LET ME ASK YOU THIS QUESTION. YOU GOT A LETTER FROM THE STATE WHO WANTS TO COME IN AND LOOK AT YOUR PROPERTY. ARE THEY GOING UNDERGROUND TO SEE IF THERE WAS GASOLINE CONTAMINATION?> AS FAR AS WE KNOW. AND THEY EVEN MENTIONED THEY ARE CONFIDENT IT WAS NEVER A GAS STATION AND IT WAS USED CAR LOT FROM THE RECORDS THEY FOUND. AND I SAID WERE GOING TO DO SOME TEST PORT POURINGS.

I MENTIONED THE CEMENT PIECES TO THEM AND THE ONLY REASON THEY'RE TAKING IT IS BECAUSE THEY FOUND CONTAMINATION ACROSS THE STREET WHICH IS US1 DIAGONALLY TO OUR PROPERTY AND WE SIGNED THE PAPERS ABOUT A MONTH AGO AND THEY HAVEN'T STARTED YET AND I SAID TO HIM AGAIN WHEN HE CALLED FOR THE PAPERWORK TO BE SIGNED, I SAID ARE THE CEMENT PIECES IN THE WAY AND HE SAID NO. SO WE FEEL BECAUSE THEY BEEN THERE FOR OVER 50 YEARS AND

[00:10:01]

IT'S A BIG AMOUNT OF MONEY TO REMOVE THEM, WE FEEL LIKE WE SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO LEAVE

THEM. >> SPECIAL MAGISTRATE: OKAY. ANYTHING FURTHER?

>> NO. >> THE PIECES ARE NOT GOING TO INTERFERE WITH THE STATES

EXPLORING THE GROUND UNDERNEATH THIS PIECE OF PROPERTY. >> RIGHT.

>> I WAS HOPING YOU SAID THEY WOULD MOVE THE CEMENT PIECES. > WE WOULD BE HAPPY IF THEY

DID THAT TO. >> THAT WOULD BE A BIG HELP. THE PROBLEM IS, LIKE SO MANY PEOPLE AND SO MANY OF US HAVE LIVED A LONG TIME, THANK GOD, THE BUILDING CODES HAVE CHANGED OVER THE YEARS. IF YOU REMEMBER HURRICANE ANDREW DOWN IN DADE WAS SO SIGNIFICANT IN TERMS OF DEVASTATION UNTIL THEY AFFECTED CHANGE IN THE BUILDING CODE THROUGHOUT THE STATE OF FLORIDA. AND SO PEOPLE WHO BUILD HOUSES LIKE MY GRANDPARENTS IN THE 30S, NOW, THEY EVEN HAD A HOUSE NOWADAYS THAT IS IN OF THE

CODE. >> DID THEY TEAR IT DOWN. >> THEY HAD TO BRING IT UP TO CODE AND THAT IS A PROBLEM I FACE IN HERE EVERY MONTH THAT STRUCTURES THAT WERE BUILT WHEN THE CODE WAS NOT ASTRINGENT AS IT IS NOW AND IT IS STRINGENT FOR REASON.

A LOT OF PEOPLE GOT HURT WHEN ANDREW CAME ALONG BUT I DO EMPATHIZE WITH YOU THE WITH THE

COSTS. >> MAD ONE OTHER ITEM? >> YES YOU MAY.

THE ONE MAN THEY CALLED ME THAT WAS INTERESTING FOR USING IT FOR A USED CAR LOT ABOUT TWO MONTHS AGO, HE SAID, I SAID I KNOW THAT THERE IS CEMENT PIECES THERE.

HE SAID YEAH. IF I GO THROUGH WITH THE PURCHASE WHICH HAVEN'T HEARD FROM HIM SINCE. HE SAID HE'LL REMOVE HIM. THE PAVER WILL REMOVE THEM.

BUT IN ADDITION TO THE PRICE WERE QUOTED WHICH WAS 4995, IT IS POSSIBLE THE PRICE IS NOT INCLUDE FILLING IN THE HOLES AFTER HE MOVES THEM. WE FEEL THAT CAN BE ANOTHER $1500 AN HOUR UP TO 6000 OR 6100 TO FILL IN THE HOLES. IT MAKES OUR PRICE EVEN HIGHER AND RIGHT ON HIS QUOTE HE SAYS THIS IS NOT INCLUDE. AS A RESULT THE HOLES LEFT AS A

RESULT OF CONCRETE BLOCK REMOVAL WILL NOT BE BACKFILLED. >> I SEE THAT.

DID HE TELL YOU ABOUT HOW FAR DOWN HE WOULD HAVE TO GO? >> HE SAID HE WOULD BUST THEM UP FIRST WITH THE JACKHAMMER AND HE SAYS THEY COULD BE THREE OR FOUR FEET INTO THE GROUND.

>> SPECIAL MAGISTRATE: OKAY. >> SPECIAL MAGISTRATE, MIGHT BE HEARD BRIEFLY?

>> SPECIAL MAGISTRATE: YES COUNSEL. I THINK.

>> I THINK WHAT WE ARE HEARING I BE INFORMATION THAT MIGHT GO TO MITIGATING CIRCUMSTANCES NOT NECESSARILY WHETHER OR NOT THE RESPONDENTS ARE IN VIOLATION OF THE CURRENT PROVISION OF THE CODE WHICH IS APPLICABLE TO THEIR CIRCUMSTANCES.HAT I'M HEARING IS MAYBE THERE MIGHT BE EQUITIES FREE TO CONSIDER IN TERMS OF HOW MUCH TIME IS GIVEN AND THAT SORT OF THING BUT I JUST WANT TO MAKE CLEAR THAT IT'S THE CITY'S POSITION THAT THE CODE IS WRITTEN AS APPLICABLE AND THERE IS A VIOLATION PRESENT AND CONTINUING.

>> SPECIAL MAGISTRATE: THANK YOU, COUNSEL. ANY RESPONSE GENTLEMEN?

>> I DON'T KNOW WHERE THE GRANDFATHERING COMES IN AND I DON'T KNOW WHERE 50 YEARS OF BEING THERE COMES IN, IT JUST SEEMS ON A SCALE OF 1 TO 10 THAT THEY ARE REALLY NOT A NUISANCE AND THERE NOT AN EYESORE. WE MAINTAIN THE GRASS AND WE HAVE IT CUT EVERY OTHER MONTH WE HAD TO TRIM THE TREES AND WE DO WHAT IS EVER NECESSARY BUT THIS WE FEEL IN OUR HEARTS THAT IT IS OVER AND ABOVE WHAT IS REQUIRED OF A PROPERTY OWNER TO REMOVE SOMETHING THAT HAS BEEN THERE FOR 50 YEARS. AND IT OFFERS NO HINDRANCE TO THE MOVEMENT OF THE TRAFFIC. NO ONE WALKS ON THE PROPERTY WOULD FEEL LIKE IT'S AN UNDUE BURDEN ON THOSE FINANCIALLY AND AESTHETICALLY HAVE THEM REMOVED.

THEY DID FUNCTION AS A LIGHT POLE AT ONE TIME. WE TOOK IT OFF BECAUSE THE CITY

[00:15:02]

ASKED US TO AND I DON'T REMEMBER THAT PROBABLY COST US A COUPLE OF THOUSAND DOLLARS.

AND NOW IN THE SAME PERIOD OF 10 YEARS THE LAW HAS PASSED AWAY BEFORE THAT.

I WOULD ASK US TO REMOVE THE CEMENT BARRIERS AND BECAUSE THEY WERE THERE TO SAVE 50

YEARS.>> I CANNOT ANSWER WAS SOMEBODY THOUGHT OR DID 50 YEARS AGO.

>> I UNDERSTAND YOUR DILEMMA. I TRULY DO. IS THERE ANYTHING FURTHER?

ANYTHING FURTHER? >> JUST I DISAGREE WITH COUNSEL WHETHER THIS IS GRANDFATHERED IN. I TRIED RESEARCHING THE FLORIDA LAWS.

I DON'T KNOW EXACTLY WHERE TO FIND EVERYTHING BUT WHAT I READ INDICATES THIS SHOULD BE GRANDFATHERED IN. THE LAW WAS PASSED AFTER THE BLOCKS WERE PUT THERE.

>> SPECIAL MAGISTRATE: ANYTHING FURTHER. >> NO MA'AM.

>> BASED ON THE EVIDENCE AND TESTIMONY PRESENTED, I FIND THAT A VIOLATION DOES EXIST.

AT 620 US HIGHWAY ONE FORT PIERCE. IN THAT NEETO AND INVESTMENTS LLC AND LENTIN INVESTMENTS LLC ARE IN RESPONSIBLE. YOURS IS A SPECIAL PROBLEM.

I WILL SAY THAT. >> ESPECIALLY WITH THE BUSINESS CLIMATE IN THE UNITED STATES IN SOUTH FLORIDA. AS A FLORIDA RESIDENT FOR 68 YEARS OF NEVER SEEN ANYTHING

LIKE THIS. AND WHAT WE NEED IS TIME. >> TELL ME HOW MUCH TIME.

>> ARNIE HOW LONG WOULD YOU SAY WE NEED? >> TO REMOVE THEM?

>> SPECIAL MAGISTRATE: YES. >> IF YOU COULD GIVE US SIX MONTHS, WE CAN PROBABLY GET IT DONE A LITTLE CHEAPER. BUT IT SEEMS LIKE NO ONE WANTS TO GO UP THERE AND GIVE US A PRICE BUT I WILL WORK ON IT. I CAUGHT A COUPLE OF DEMOLITION COMPANIES FIGURE AND I CAN GET THAT DOWN THOUSAND DOLLARS. IF YOU GAVE ME SIX MONTHS, I THINK I CAN GET IT DONE OR MAYBE TWO THIRDS OF THE PRICE MAYBE GET IT DOWN TO 3030 500 WHICH WOULD HELP US GREATLY.

>> SPECIAL MAGISTRATE: HERE IS WHAT I'M GOING TO DO. ANYTHING FURTHER? I'M GOING TO GIVE YOU 60 DAYS TO OBTAIN A PERMIT AND THAT GIVES YOU 60 DAYS TO TRY TO FIND SOMEBODY WHO CAN COME AND DO THE WORK. WHAT YOU GET WPMI ONCE YOU GET THE PERMIT YOU HAVE AN ADDITIONAL 60 DAYS TO GET THESE CONCRETE BLOCKS MOVED.

>> WITH THE CONTRACTOR DRAW THE PERMIT OR YOUR HONOR DRAW THE PERMIT.

>> THE COMMERCIAL PROPERTY CONTRACTOR. >> IF YOU COULD GIVE ME 90 DAYS TO FIND A CONTRACTOR, AND I CAN PROBABLY GET IT DONE IN 120. BUT ONCE HE DREW THE PERMIT, HE WOULD HAVE SIX MONTHS AND THAT WOULD BE GREAT. BUT IF WE DREW THE PERMIT TODAY WITHIN THE 60 DAYS OR THEN TO 60 DAYS, HE WOULD THEN HAVE TO HAVE IT CHANGED IN HIS NAME SO

WE CAN'T DRAW THE PERMIT. >> SPECIAL MAGISTRATE: SHE CAN EXPAND ON THIS.

>> BECAUSE THIS IS COMMERCIAL PROPERTY YOU ARE REQUIRED TO HAVE A CONTRACTOR PULLED THE PERMIT GRADE ONCE THE PERMIT IS APPROVED THERE IS SIX MONTHS TO COMPLETE THE WORK.

BUT A CONTRACTOR WILL HAVE TO PULL THE PERMIT FOR THIS. >> COULD YOU GIVE US A LITTLE MORE TIME TO DRAW THE PERMIT. COULD YOU GIVE US 90 DAYS TO DRAW THE PERMIT AND 90 DAYS TO FIND A CONTRACT TO MIGHT CONTRACTOR. WE WILL NOT NEED TO SIX MONTHS BUT WE HAVE IT. WE UNDERSTAND THAT. ANYMORE TIME BECAUSE NO ONE WANTS TO GIVE US A PRICE QUOTE. EVERY CONTRACTOR IN PORT ST. LUCIE I'M SORRY PAUL FORT

PIERCE AND ONLY THE ONE GUY RESPONDED AND GIVEN THAT PRICE. >> SPECIAL MAGISTRATE: THE CITY

IS AGREEING TO 90 DAYS. >> 90 DAYS TO DRAW THE PERMIT AND IN SIX MONTHS TO GET IT

DONE. >> SPECIAL MAGISTRATE: DON'T LEAVE YET.

ARE WE DONE? >> YES MA'AM. >> BASED ON THE EVIDENCE AND TESTIMONY OF FIND A VIOLATION EXISTS AS PREVIOUSLY STATED AND I WILL GIVE YOU 90 DAYS TO OBTAIN THE PERMIT AND COMPLY WITH ALL PERMIT CONDITIONS. IF NOT, YOU WILL BE FINE $50

[00:20:03]

PER DAY. BUT LET ME GIVE YOU A CAVEAT. IF WITHIN THAT 90 DAY PERIOD YOU'RE HAVING PROBLEMS, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS CONTACT THE CITY AND THEY WILL WORK WITH YOU.

I'M PRETTY SURE THEY UNDERSTAND THE LIMIT THAT YOU ARE FACING AND IT IS NOT THEIR INTENTION AND I DON'T BELIEVE THEY HAVE INTENTION TO HARM ANYBODY. I'LL GIVE YOU 90 DAYS TO OBTAIN

THE PERMIT. >> THANK YOU. >> GOOD LUCK.

[E. 20-1239 PK Appeal Jaycee Park German, Latosha Jacqueline Young Smith]

>> SPECIAL MAGISTRATE: THE NEXT CASE MADAME CLERK. >> THE CLERK: NEXT CASE IS 2012

39 JC PARK, GERMAN. >> THE CLERK: MA'AM, WERE YOU SWORN IN BEFORE.

>> YES MA'AM. >> WHAT IS YOUR NAME. >> LATOSHA GERMAN 'S WHO WANT

WHEN YOU ARE READY MISS SMITH. >> MS. SMITH: WE ARE PRESENTING THE CASE 2039, CODE ENFORCEMENT VIOLATION. LOCATION IS JC PARK. THIS LATOSHA GERMAN PRESENT.

THE VEHICLE OWNER AND REGISTRATION HOLDER. >> MS.

>> I WOULD INQUIRE THE WITNESS IF SHE WOULD LIKE ME TO DO THE DIRECT EXAMINATION.

YOU WANT ME TO QUESTION YOU AND WALK YOU THROUGH. >> YES YOU CAN.

>> LET'S BACK UP AND THANK YOU FOR STATING YOUR NAME IN THE CASE INFORMATION.

CAN YOU SAY WHAT YOU DO FOR THE CITY. >> I'M AN ADMINISTRATIVE

ASSISTANT IN LAW COORDINATOR. >> WHAT WAS YOUR CONNECTION WITH THIS PARTICULAR CASE?

>> OUT AT JC PARK IN REVIEWING THE AREA AND MAKING SURE PARKING WAS UP-TO-DATE AS FAR

AS PART CARS AND PUBLIC PARKING AREAS. >> DID YOU ISSUE A CITATION IN

RELATION TO THIS PARTICULAR CASE? >> YES.> WHAT WAS THE DATE

OF THE CITATION. >> MAY 17. >> OF THIS YEAR?

>> 2020. >> WE ALREADY STARTED THAT WAS IT JAYCEE PARK.

>> YES MA'AM. >> WHAT WAS THE NATURE OF THE VIOLATION.

>> A CAR PARKED IN THE TRAILER TRUCK PARKING ONLY. >> WHAT KIND OF VEHICLE WAS IT

THAT YOU SAW THERE? >> NISSAN. >> AND WAS THERE ANY TRAILER

ATTACHED TO IT? >> NO MA'AM. >> WAS THE VEHICLE THUS LEGALLY

PART? >> YES. >> WHY IS THAT?

>> BECAUSE IT WAS NOT A TRACTOR-TRAILER. >> DID YOU TAKE PHOTOGRAPHS?

>> YES. MY COWORKER DID AND I WAS WRITING THE TICKET.

>> DID YOU SEE THE VEHICLE AND ITS POSITION THE WAY IT WAS PART?

>> YES.>> HAVE YOU HAD A CHANCE TO REVIEW THE PHOTOGRAPHS?

>> YES I HAVE.>> ARE THEY FAIRLY AND ACCURATELY DEPICT WHAT YOU SAW?

>> VERY MUCH SO. >> DID YOU HAVE A CHANCE TO SHOW THEM TO THE RESPONDENT.

>> I HAVE NOT.> CAN YOU SHOW THIS TO HER BEFORE HE PASSED THEM UP PLEASE?

>> OF THIS TIME WE WOULD MOVE THE PHOTOS IN THE CITIES COMPOSITE ONE.> THEY WILL BE

ADMITTED. >> WHILE WE ARE PASSING IS UP, CAN YOU EXPOUND A LITTLE BIT.

YOU STATED YOU HAD A COWORKER WORKING WITH YOU. WAS THAT COWORKER A CODE

ENFORCEMENT OFFICER FOR THE CITY OF FORT PIERCE? >> YES SHE IS.>> THE VEHICLE WAS PARKED THERE WAS NO ONE IN THE VEHICLE AT THE TIME HE SAW IT CORRECT.

IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE YOU WANT TO ADD ABOUT THIS IN TERMS OF WHAT WAS OBSERVED?

>> NO MA'AM. THANK YOU. >> SPECIAL MAGISTRATE: MS.

GERMAN? >> GOOD MORNING. I CALLED THE CITY NUMBER ON THE CITATION THE NEXT DAY BECAUSE I DID NOT KNOW. I JUST RUSHED THERE TO GET MY COUSIN. THERE WAS A PARTY GOING ON IN MY AUNT ASKED ME TO GO AND FIND

[00:25:03]

HER BECAUSE SHE CANNOT FIND HER SOMEONE A PULL DOWN, I DID NOT REALIZE.

I COULD SEE ON THE GROUND, THE PARKING SPOTS WERE LIKE THE WHITE SKETCH MARK ON THE GROUND THAT WAS LONG.THERE IS NO SIGN INDICATING YOU CAN'T PARK THERE AND THIS IS TRAILER TRACTOR PARKING. I DID NOT KNOW. I JUST PULLED IN.

I WAS NOT EVEN THERE HOT 15 MINUTES BECAUSE I WAS JUST SEARCHING FOR HER IN SO MANY PEOPLE OUT THERE. LIKE I SAID, THERE WAS NO SIGN INDICATING I CAN'T PARK THERE

AND IF I WOULD THAT WOULD BE OF FIND THERE. >> SPECIAL MAGISTRATE: EVEN

FURTHER? >> THE RESPONDENT: I WOULD SAY IF CITATIONS ARE TO BE GIVEN TO PEOPLE THAT IS GOING TO PARK IN THIS TYPE OF PARKING SPACES, I FEEL THERE SHOULD BE ASSIGNED INDICATING THIS IS A TRAILER TRACTOR PARKING AREA AND YOU WILL BE PENALIZED IF YOU PARK HERE. IF I WOULD'VE SEEN A SIGN I WOULD'VE NEVER PARK THERE.

THAT IS IT. >> SPECIAL MAGISTRATE: OKAY. >> THE SIGNS ARE AT THE

ENTRANCE TO THE PARKING AREA. >> I DID NOT SEE THEM. I DEFINITELY DID NOT SEE THEM.

OKAY. DO ANYTHING FURTHER? >> JUST AN EXPLANATION ON ALL THE PARKING. STAFF HAS CHOSEN TO ADMINISTRATIVELY WAIVE THE ADMINISTRATION FEES AND LATE FEES DUE TO THE CURRENT ENVIRONMENT SO THAT IS WHY

THERE IS A BLANK ON THE PESO WERE ONLY REQUESTING $50. >> SPECIAL MAGISTRATE: IF THERE

WAS AN ADMIN FEE DO YOU REMEMBER WHAT THAT WOULD BE? >> THE MINISTRATION FEE

WOULD'VE BEEN $10. >> DELETE FEE. >> $15.

>> THE LEAVE YOU AND APPLY BECAUSE IT WAS AN APPEL BUT THE MINISTRATION WILL BE $10 WE'VE ALREADY WAIVED DUE TO CURRENT COVID CIRCUMSTANCES. > SPECIAL MAGISTRATE: THE REASON I ASKED THAT MR. ORMAN IS BECAUSE PEOPLE WILL COME IN HERE TO CONTEST PARKING TICKETS AND TYPICALLY THEY ARE ASSESSED ADDITIONAL FEES AND ADMIN FEES AND SOMETIMES LATE FEES AND IN YOUR CASE THEY'RE ONLY ASKING FOR THE PAYMENT OF THE TICKET WHICH IS $50.

BASED ON THE EVIDENCE AND TESTIMONY PRESENTED I FIND THAT THE VIOLATION EXISTED IN LATOSHA GERMAN'S AS RESPONSIBLE. MAKING PAY THE TICKET.

>> I WILL GO AHEAD AND PAY IT. >> I WILL GIVE YOU -- YOU WILL PAY IT WHEN.

>> TOMORROW. >> I WILL GIVE YOU 30 DAYS TO PAY AND IF YOU DON'T, THEN ADDITIONAL FEES CAN BE ASSESSED AN ADDITIONAL FEES CAN BE. YOU 30 DAYS TO PAY.

>> MAY I. >> MS. GERMAN, IF YOU CALL THE FINANCE DEPARTMENT TOMORROW AND WE CAN PROVIDE TO THAT PHONE NUMBER AND THE FRONT DESK AND GET TO THE PHONE NUMBER AS YOU LEAVE THE BUILDING, THEY CAN SEND YOU A LINK TO PAY ONLINE IF YOU WANT TO PAY ONLINE BECAUSE ARE PRETTY RESTRICTED IN CITY HALL. GET THE NUMBER FOR FINANCES YOU LEAVE THE BUILDING AND CALL THEM. THEY WILL SEND YOU A LINK TO

PAY ONLINE. >> THANK YOU FOR COMING. >> HAVE A BLESSED DAY.

>> SPECIAL MAGISTRATE: X CASE MADAME CLERK. >> THE CLERK: LIVE 2014 30 1717 S. US HIGHWAY ONE, NUMBER FIVE. INDIAN RIVER CELLULAR. AND THAT ONE IS NOT HERE.

SORRY. >> SPECIAL MAGISTRATE: OKAY. >> THE CLERK: 20 1443,

[C. 20-1443 AA 2835 S US Hwy. 1 Fireworks Super Store Jacqueline Young-Smith]

FIREWORKS SUPERSTORE. >>, WANTING YOUR HONOR. >> BY YOUR LAST NAME SHUMAN.

>> THANK YOU. >> SPECIAL MAGISTRATE I WILL READ THE CASE OFF.

CASE 20 ã1430. FIREWORKS SUPERSTORE. THE CASE INITIATED ON APRIL 22 AND MR. ED SCHULER IS THE OWNER OF THE FIREWORKS AND HE IS COMING BEFORE YOU TODAY REGARDING AN ADDRESS MIXUP AND PROBLEMS WITH THE SECURITY SYSTEM AND IS ASKING FOR THE

FEES TO BE WAIVED REGARDING THESE ISSUES YOU MENTIONED. >> SENTENCES IS ESSENTIALLY AN

[00:30:03]

APPEAL, WE WOULD ASK THAT THE APPELLATE GO AHEAD AND PRESENT HIS CASE AND THAT THE CITY BE

ALLOWED TO RESPOND. >> SPECIAL MAGISTRATE: MR. SHUMAN.

>> IN CHINA. AS FOR THE MISS JACQUELINE. FIRST AND FOREMOST WE DIDN'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE REGISTRATION ALARM. WE BEEN WITH THE COMPANY FOR 20 YEARS. I DO WANT TO POINT THAT OUT. OR I WOULD'VE ADDRESS IT RIGHT AWAY BECAUSE IT'S SIMPLE TO REGISTER. BUT OUR ALARMS ARE CHECKED EVERY SIX MONTHS WE TRY TO TAKE A PROACTIVE ON IT. WE HAVEN'T CHECKED EVERY SIX MONTHS AND LAST YEAR ON ONE OCCASION WE HAD ONE OF OUR MOTION SENSORS GO BAD.

IT'S LIKE IF SOMETHING WERE TO FAIL AND IT HAS TO GIVE A WARNING SIGNAL AND THEN PRIOR TO THAT, THE OTHER MOTION SENSOR WENT BAD AS WELL. IN OUR EYES AFTER ALMOST 20 YEARS, WE GOT OUR MONEY'S WORTH OUT OF THEM. IN ANY CASE I BROUGHT PICTURES WITH ME BECAUSE ON SOME OF THE DATES IN QUESTION, AND THERE'S A WHOLE BUNCH OF THEM, I DID BRING A LOT OF THE PICTURES THAT SHOW THESE ARE NOT FALSE ALARMS AND THEN THERE WAS DAMAGE DONE TO OUR PREMISES AND I GUESS WHEN THE POLICE ARRIVED IN THE MIDDLE THE NIGHT THAT THEY DID NOT SEE IT UNTIL I WAS THERE THE NEXT DAY. WE DIDN'T KNOW THAT THEY HAD TO HOLD BACK THE POLICE AND MAKE ANOTHER REPORT. AND WE WERE ASSESSED A FALSE ALARM CHARGE. BECAUSE THE DAMAGES WERE SO MINOR COMPARED TO A HIGH DEDUCTIBLE THAT WE HAVE PREVENTED FIREWORKS STORE THAT WE WENT AHEAD AND SECURE THE REPAIRS OURSELVES NOT KNOWING THAT WE WERE BEING CLASSIFIED AS A FALSE ALARM CHARGE BECAUSE A LOT OF THE STUFF HAPPENS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT. SO TO BRING PICTURES OF WHAT THE DAMAGE WAS AT THE TIME BECAUSE WE WERE GOING TO TURN IT INTO THE INSURANCE BUT THEY TOLD US NO, JUST KEEP A RECORD OF IT. THAT'S WHAT I DID.

SO I BROUGHT IN THE PICTURES THAT WE HAD FROM THE DAMAGES DONE.

>> SPECIAL MAGISTRATE: HAVISHAM'S PICTURES TO MS. YOUNG?

>> NO I DID NOT. >> SPECIAL MAGISTRATE: SHOW THIS TO HER.

>> HER. >> AND THE DATES WOULD BE ESPECIALLY HELPFUL.

HERE IS ONE ON EIGHT ãFOUR ã 18. EIGHT 418.

>> THE CLOSEST I CAN COME TO THAT IS 8/5. >> SPECIAL MAGISTRATE: LET ME

ASK YOU A QUESTION. WHO CUT THE FENCE. >> I DON'T KNOW.

>> WAS IT A BURGLAR. >> I DON'T KNOW WHAT THEIR INTENTIONS ARE.

ALWAYS USES ITS ATTEMPTED BURGLARY BECAUSE HER CLOSE. BOTH SOMEBODY BREAK OPEN THE

DOORS AND BARBED WIRE. >> JUST WE HAVE PROPER ORDER, CAN WE GO AHEAD AND GET THE PHOTOS ADMITTED AND THEN WE CAN TALK ABOUT THE SPECIFICS OF EACH PHOTOGRAPH BECAUSE I THINK IT WILL BE IMPORTANT TO HIM I TOOK THE DATES TO THE ALLEGATIONS BASICALLY.

>> I'M GONNA TELL YOU WHAT I'M CONCERNED ABOUT. I'M LOOKING AT THE SUMMARY SHEET. DATE OF ALARM 8/3, 8/5. THOSE ARE PRETTY CLOSE TOGETHER. WHEN THE ALARM GOES OFF, DOES THE COMPANY NOTIFY YOU THAT THE

ALARM HAS GONE OFF. >> THEY DO AND THEN THEY EITHER DISPATCH THE POLICE.

FIRST THEY TRIED EVERY JUSTIFYING THE FUR ON THE PREMISES TO SEE IF WE DEFINITELY SET IT OFF. BUT MOST OF THEM OCCUR IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT, 10:00 AT NIGHT, MIDNIGHT, 2:00 A.M., AND ONLY TWO OF THEM OCCURRED DURING THE DAY ON THE DAYS THAT WE WERE CLOSED. BUT IF I COULD HAVE MY FOLDER BACK SO IF YOU GO TO MY PHOTOS.

WHAT I'M TRYING TO DO IS PUT THEM IN THE OVERHEAD SO THAT YOU CAN SEE WHAT IS BEING

DISCUSSED AND HE CAN DESCRIBE THE PHOTOS AS WE GO. >> HOLE IN THE ãMAC HOLD ON A

SECOND. >> RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU SHOULD BE A MONITOR.

CAN YOU SEE THAT? OKAY. IF YOU TELL US WHAT WE SEE ON

THIS PHOTO HERE ON THE MONITOR. >> SPECIAL MAGISTRATE: IDENTIFY THE WRITING.

[00:35:01]

SIT FOR THE ONE OF A COMPOSITE. >> HE DID NOT MARK HIS EXHIBITS.

>> THIS IS A PHOTO. THE DATE IS 8/3/15 TO 8/4/15, FOUND DOOR OPEN ON STORAGE.

>> LET HER TALK. >> FOUND DOOR OPEN ON STORAGE. >> THEY CUT THE LOCK OFF AND MUST'VE OPENED THE DOOR A LITTLE BIT WHICH SET THE SERMON OFF AND THEN CLOSED IT BACK AGAIN. AND THEN WE START LOOKING AT IT THE NEXT DAY WE REALIZE THAT WHAT HAPPENED IS A CUT THE LOCK RIGHT OFF. NOT THE LOCK ITSELF BUT THE

LATCH TO THE LOCK. >> WE WILL GO THROUGH THE PHOTOS AND THEN WE WILL GO

THROUGH THEIR. >> THIS ONE IS DATED AND THEN WE WILL GO THROUGH THEIR.>

THIS ONE IS DATED 8/13/18 AND WE ARE LOOKING AT. >> THIS IS ANOTHER TIME WHERE THEY JUMP TO THE BACK OF THE FENCE AND THEY BROKE THE BACK OF THE FENCE WHERE THEY JUMPED ON IT AND THEN ONCE THEY GOT INTO THE YARD AND SET THE MOTION OFF.

>> THIS IS DATED 8/13, FOUND DAMAGED THE SIDE DOOR AND FENCE.

>> APPARENTLY WHEN THEY JUMP THE FENCE AND AT THAT TIME OR PRIOR TO THE ONE THERE WAS DAMAGE TO THE BACK GARAGE DOOR TO THE STORAGE AREA WHERE THEY TRIED TO JAM OPEN THE METAL

LATCH TO THE SIDE OF THE DOOR. >> THE NEXT PHOTO SAYS DID NOT KNOW UNTIL DID NOT KNOW UNTIL

8/22/18, 821/18 PHONE LINE CUT. >> WE HAVE ANOTHER INCIDENT HERE WHERE THEY CUT OUR PHONE LINE AND PHONE WIRE. AND WE DID NOT KNOW IT. ALARM HAD GONE OFF IN THE ALARM COMPANY CALLED US THREE TIMES IN ONE DAY AND WE WERE OPEN TO TELL US HAVING INTERMITTENT ALARMS GOING OFF. YOU CAN SEE THERE IS A PROBLEM AND THEY CALLED AND TOLD US SOMETHING HAS BEEN GOING ON WITH THE ALARM SYSTEM THAT DEPENDED ON TEST MODE AND SEND A TECHNICIAN OUT AND THAT IS WHEN THEY WENT THROUGH THE ENTIRE BUILDING ALL AROUND SO

FINALLY WE REALIZED IT HAD BEEN CUT ON THE OUTSIDE. >> THIS SAYS BEFORE PHOTO.

>> THIS IS ONE OF OUR PHOTO SHOTS WE TAKE FOR INSURANCE PURPOSES OF THE BUILDING BEFOREHAND. IT WAS A PHOTO BEFOREHAND SO IT CAN SHOW THE DAMAGE AFTERWARDS.

>> THIS IS 5/12/19, 7:00 P.M. >> THIS SHOWS THE TOP DOOR WITH A TRIED TO JAM UP THE HINGE AND OPEN THE SIDE DOOR AND AS SOON AS YOU JAR THE DOORS ABOUT 16 TO 18TH OF AN INCH IT WILL SET THE ALARM OFF WITH SIRENS BECAUSE WE HAVE EXPLICIT FIREWORKS SO HAD TO HAVE CAUTION TO OUR BUILDING THAN ANY OTHER BUILDING PER SOUTHEAST.

>> THIS PHOTO IS NOT MARKED. >> THIS IS A PHOTO TAKEN AFTERWARDS AND THAT IS ONE OF THOSE TAKEN AFTERWARDS. AS I CLOSE ALL THE WAY BECAUSE VANADIUM DID OPEN AND ACTUALLY MOVE THE HINGE OUT WHICH KEPT THE DOOR AJAR WHICH KEPT THE ALARM GOING OFF.

HE HAD TO PUT IT ON TEST MODE. FOR THREE DAYS WE HAD NO ALARM. >> THIS PHOTO WAS DATED 6/1

/19, 4:56 P.M., PERIMETER SENSOR. >> THIS WAS ONE THAT WENT OFF AND WE DID NOT NOTICE IT UNTIL THE NEXT TABLE WE CAME IN THAT THE GLASS SENSOR WHEN THEY PULLED THE METAL OFF, IT VIBRATED AGAINST THE GLASS IN THE MIDDLE ON THE TOP WHICH SENT THAT TO GO OFF AND WHEN THE POLICE ARRIVED THEY CANNOT SEE THAT.

IT WAS ONLY PULLED OUT MAYBE FOUR INCHES BUT IT WAS STILL ENOUGH WORK TO SET THE ALARM

OFF. >> THIS IS DATED 8/23/18, NO ALARM.

>> THIS IS AFTER THE WIRE HAS BEEN CUT ON OUR PHONE WHICH WE BELIEVE LED UP TO THIS ATTEMPTED BURGLARY BUT THIS IS ONE TIME THAT THE POLICE IT EVEN SHOW UP UNTIL FOUR HOURS

LATER IF WE CALLED THEM. >> THIS IS DATED 8/23/ 2018, NO ALARM.

>> THAT IS INSIDE OF THE PICTURE. >> AND THE ONE LAST PHOTO DATED

6/20, 2020. >> THAT WAS. >> SPECIAL MAGISTRATE: ONLY ONE PERSON A TIME.> THIS ONE IS DATED 6/20/2020. YOU WANT TO DESCRIBE THAT?> THAT ONE DOES HAPPEN SEVERAL WEEKS AGO AND AGAIN THEY CAME OUT AND I DID NOT KNOW THAT WE WERE BEING ASSESSED FOR FALSE ALARM CHARGE AND WE CALLED. WHEN I CALLED MS. JACQUELINE SHE SAID WHAT I NEED TO DO BECAUSE I WAS SO WE DID NOT KNOW IS TO MAKE A REPORT OF IT

[00:40:05]

BUT OBVIOUSLY THAT TIME. THAT PICTURE IS MEANT TO BE SHOWN NOW.

THAT WAS MY OWN FILES FOR THE NEXT APPEAL BECAUSE THAT ONE HAS BEEN CLASSIFIED AS A FALSE ALARM. IF THIS IS 8/25/18 MOTION PERIMETER SIDE YARD.

>> THAT'S ANOTHER ONE. >> SO DO YOU WISH TO SUBMIT THESE AS EVIDENCE.

>> YES! THANK YOU. >> EVERYONE EXCEPT THE LAST

PHOTO. >> WE HAVE NO OBJECTION TO THOSE COMING IN AS EXHIBIT.> SPECIAL MAGISTRATE: PLAINTIFF'S EXHIBIT 1 COMPOSITE SO ADMITTED.

>> I'M SORRY. >> SPECIAL MAGISTRATE: I'M ADMITTING YOUR PHOTOGRAPHS AND THE EVIDENCE FOR THE RECORD.

BACK OF MY OTHER SEAT, I WISH SOME OF THIS INFORMATION HAD COME FORWARD BEFORE BECAUSE THIS IS SOMETHING STAFF COULD HAVE ADDRESSED AND YES IT WOULD'VE BEEN HELPFUL FOR HIM TO DO POLICE REPORTS AND THESE HAPPEN BECAUSE IT WOULD'VE COUNTERACTED THE FALSE ALARM.

I WILL RESPECTFULLY REQUEST THAT WE CONTINUE THIS APPEAL AND ALLOW STAFF TO REVIEW THE PHOTOS AND GO OVER AND FIND OUT WHICH ONES ARE ALARMS AND WHICH ONES ARE NOT ENOUGH THAT WE CAN HANDLE MOST OF THIS ADMINISTRATIVELY BASED ON WHAT WE PRESENTED.

>> I WILL GRANT A CONTINUANCE. ARE YOU IN AGREEMENT? >> I GUESS IF WE COULD DO IT TELEPHONICALLY BECAUSE I'M SCHEDULED TO LEAVE TOWN A COUPLE OF DAYS.

>> IF WE HAD TO COME BACK BEFORE THE SPECIAL MAGISTRATE AND NOT ABLE TO RESOLVE THIS WE

COULD DO THIS BY TELEPHONE. >> THAT IS WHY I DIDN'T THINK I WAS COMING.

I WANTED TO MAKE SURE I WAS HERE TO BRING THE PHOTOS AND. >> LET ME CAUTION YOU TO.

WE GET A FAIR AMOUNT OF CASES WITH THE EXCESSIVE FALSE ALARM. IF THEY GO OFF, IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO SEE WHAT IS GOING ON AND LIKE YOU SAID THEY WILL CALL YOU.

ONCE THE ALARM GOES OFF YOU GET A CALL FROM SOMEBODY ASKING ARE YOU OKAY IS EVERYTHING ALL RIGHT AND THAT THE POLICE HAVE TO GO OUT AND I REALIZE THIS IS A COMMERCIAL BUILDING.

IT LOOKS LIKE THERE HAVE BEEN SOME ATTEMPTED BURGLARIES ON THE BUILDING ACCORDING TO YOUR TESTIMONY. BUT IT IS STILL YOUR RESPONSIBILITY BECAUSE AFTER THE POLICE GO OUT IN THE CITY GET SO MANY CALLS, THEN YOU END UP WHERE YOU ARE NOW THIS

MORNING. >> I HAVE NO CONTROL OF THAT YOUR HONOR.

>> YES YOU DO BECAUSE OF MY GRANDCHILDREN WERE TRIP IN MIND AND EVERY TIME THEY DID IT I GOT A CALL AND I WOULD SAY IT'S OKAY UNTIL HAD TO EXPLAIN TO THE GRANDCHILDREN PLEASE HERE'S WHAT YOU NEED TO DO. BECAUSE IF YOU DON'T THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS IN THIS IS ALL WE SEE. SO GET WITH THE CITY AND THEY WILL HELP YOU AND HOPEFULLY THAT WILL ELIMINATE YOU HAVING TO COME BACK IN HERE. FIND THE TIME TO DO THAT.

>> I'M SORRY. >> FIND THE TIME TO DO THAT. >> YOUR HONOR, I'M NOT DISPUTING THAT. I DON'T WANT TO GET INTO A DEBATE.'M ONLY HERE TO SAY THAT THESE WERE NOT FALSE ALARMS AND I DO RESPOND EVERY TIME WE CALL.

WE DID GO TO THE PREMISES TO LOOK. >> BUT HAD YOU GOTTEN IN TOUCH WITH THE CITY, THIS CASE WOULD PROBABLY NOT BE BEFORE ME IS A POINT OF TRYING TO MAKE.

>> SIR. >> WHISPERED TO MS. JACKSON. I CALLED HER IMMEDIATELY.

>> AFTER THE FACT. I'VE GOT OTHER CASES. GET WITH THE CITY.RY TO GET

THIS RESOLVED.YOU DON'T WANT ME RESOLVING THIS. >> ,IF YOU HAVE AN EMAIL

ADDRESS YOU CAN PROVIDE TO MS. JACKIE BEFORE REALLY TODAY. >> YES DOING GOOD LUCK.

>> I BELIEVE WITH INFORMATION YOU PROVIDED TO DATE YOU AND I CAN RESOLVE THIS WITHOUT THE SPECIAL MAGISTRATE BUT IF YOU COULD WRITE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS DOWN.

>> I HAVE ONE I JUST WANT TO VERIFY IT. THANK YOU.

>> IF YOU COULD JUST CONFIRM THE EMAIL ADDRESS. >> THAT WAY YOU WILL GET YOUR

INFORMATION REGARDING THE CONTINUATION. >> SPECIAL MAGISTRATE, WHEN ARE

WE CONTINUING THIS FOR. >> IS 30 DAYS SUFFICIENT? >> YES MA'AM.

[00:45:07]

>> GOOD LATELY ãMIKE LUCK TO YOU SIR.

>> THEY WANT MY ORIGINAL. >> THEY'VE BEEN ADMITTED. WILL MAKE COPIES.

JUST HAVE A SEAT. >> THE NEXT CASE IS 2014 35, 706 NORTH 17TH ST. NUMBER B,

[D. 20-1435 AA 706 N 17th Street # B Delphine Newton Grant Jacqueline Young-Smith]

DELPHINE NEWTON GRANT. >> SPECIAL MAGISTRATE:, MORNING.

>>, MONEY. >> SPECIAL MAGISTRATE: BEFORE WE START, SO WE DON'T RUN INTO

THE SAME SITUATION BEFORE. HAVE YOU BEEN SWORN. >> YES.

>> HAVE YOU SPOKEN WITH THE CITY ABOUT THE ALARMS GOING OFF?

>> YES. >> AND WE ARE READY TO PROCEED. MS. JACKIE.

>> MS. SMITH: CASE 2014 35, 706 NORTH 17TH ST., APARTMENT B. CASE INITIATED APRIL 10, 2020.

MS. DELPHINE NEWTON IS HERE ASKING FOR PAYMENT ARRANGEMENTS DO TO HER CIRCUMSTANCES.

ASICALLY SHE IS ON A BUDGET. SO THAT IS WHY SHE WAS HERE BEFORE YOU.

REGARDING THIS ALARM APPEAL. >> SO SPECIAL MAGISTRATE, YOU MAY WANT TO INQUIRE OF THE APPELLANT BUT IT SOUNDS LIKE THE ISSUE IS SIMPLY SETTING A SCHEDULE FOR PAYMENT.

OR SHE COULD JUST PUT ON THE RECORD WHAT EXACTLY SHE IS ASKING FOR IN TERMS OF

SCHEDULING. >> I DON'T UNDERSTAND THAT. >> HOW MUCH TIME ARE YOU ASKING

TO PAY? >> I WAS IS ASKING TO PAY $30 A MONTH UNTIL I GET IT PAID OFF.

I CAN START THAT IN 30 DAYS. THE STAFF HAVE A POSITION OR IS LIKELY THAT IN THE DISCUSSION.

>> SPECIAL MAGISTRATE, THE CITY HAS HAD A LONG HOLDING POLICY THAT WE DO NOT ESTABLISH PAYMENT PLANS. BUT BASED ON THE INFORMATION SHE IS PROVIDING, THAT WORKS WITH HER BUDGET, STAFF WOULD RECOMMEND NINE MONTHS TO PAY THIS AMOUNT AND THEN WHAT WE DO IS WE GIVE YOU THE TIME BUT IT'S UP TO YOU TO PROVIDE THE BUDGET TO INDICATED YOU COULD PAY $30 A MONTH AND THAT IS 8 AND A HALF MONTHS SO IF WE PROVIDE YOU NINE MONTHS WE CAN'T SAY IT'S PER MONTHS. BECAUSE ONE MONTH YOU CAN DO 50 IN ONE MONTH YOU COULD DO 10 BUT WE CAN GIVE YOU AND RECOMMEND NINE MONTHS TO PAY IT IN FULL IN WHATEVER WAY YOU

CAN. >> THAT'S GOOD. >> STAFF WOULD RECOMMEND NINE

MONTHS TO PAY. >> SPECIAL MAGISTRATE: HOLD ON. ANYTHING FURTHER? I WILL ACCEPT YOUR TESTIMONY HERE TODAY IS AN ADMISSION TO THE VIOLATION.

>> WILL HAVE PRETTY MUCH THE SAME PROBLEM THAT GENTLEMEN JUST EXPLAIN.

I LIKE TO LET UP MY WINDOWS AND THE ALARM TRIPPED WHEN I WAS AT WORK AND I MISSED THE CALLS.

AND I REMEMBER YEARS AGO. I BEEN LIVING IN NEW YORK FOR 15 YEARS AND THIS IS THE FIRST SOME OF HAD THIS EXPERIENCE WITH THEM. THAT'S IT.

>> &. BASED ON THE EVIDENCE AND TESTIMONY PRESENTED I FIND THAT I VIOLATION EXISTS AND THAT DELFIN GRANT IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE VIOLATION AND YOU WILL BE ASSESSED IN AMOUNT OF $250 BASED ON THE SIMULATION BETWEEN YOU AND THE CITY. YOU WILL HAVE NINE MONTHS TO

PAY THAT IN MONTHLY INCREMENTS OR WHENEVER YOU CAN. >> WE WANT TO DO A MONTHLY

INCREMENTS. >> IT CAN BE PAID IN MONTHLY INCREMENTS BUT I CAN'T SET THE

MONTHLY PAYMENT. >> THAT IS WONDERFUL. THANK YOU.

>> ANYTHING FURTHER? >> IS REMINDED THAT THE PAYMENT DOES GO TO CRY WOLF AND NOT TO THE CITY. WE WILL RELAY THIS TO CRY WOLF AND THEY WILL SET THAT UP.

>> AND YOU HAVE 30 DAYS TO APPEAL IF YOU DECIDE. SET UP A PAYMENT PLAN.

[E. 20-1438 AA 800 Ave C Mt. Olive Missionary Baptist Church Jacqueline Young-Smith]

THANK YOU FOR COMING. >> NEXT CASE. >> NEXT CASE IS 2014 NEXT CASE

[00:50:06]

IS 2014 NEXT CASE IS 2014 38800 AVENUE C, MOUNT OLIVE MISSIONARY BAPTIST CHURCH.

>> SPECIAL MAGISTRATE I WILL READ THIS ONE. THIS IS CASE NUMBER 20 ã143 84800 AVENUE C, MOUNT OLIVE MISSIONARY BAPTIST CHURCH. THIS IS AN ALARM APPEAL AND THEY ARE APPEALING ALARMS FROM 2018 AND 2019 THOSE NOT IN A BALANCE OF $1980.

IN THE APPELLANT IS HERE TO PRESENT THEIR REQUEST. >> AND YOU WERE PREVIOUSLY

SWORN? >> MAY HAVE YOUR NAME PLEASE. >> ,YOUR HONOR.

DONNA BARNES. >> THINK YOU. >> MS. JACKIE.

>> I JUST READ IT IN. >> I HAVE TO BE EXCUSED BECAUSE I'M A MEMBER OF THE CHURCH.

MS. PAY WILL HANDLE THIS ON. >> AND WERE JUST WAITING FOR MS. BARNES TO PRESENT.

>> THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED. WE GOT AN INVOICE STATING WE OWED 1980, $1980.

AND SO WHEN I CALLED TO SEE WHY WE RECEIVED IT AT A CERTAIN TIME AND SO THIS WAS GOING BACK FROM AND SO THIS WAS GOING BACK FROM OCTOBER OF 15 UP TO 2018 OF THE OF THE MARCH 2019.

THE PERSON ON THE PHONE WAS SAYING I WAS ASKING THEM WITH A WAVE THAT BASED ON WE DIDN'T EVEN KNOW THAT AND HE SAID THEY SENT THE BILL TO 800 AVENUE C. AND SO OUR BILLING ADDRESS IS 3863, PO BOX 3863. THAT IS OUR BILLING ADDRESS BUT THEY WERE SENDING THE ALARM BILL TO 800 AVENUE C. FROM OCTOBER 15, 2019 UNTIL MARCH 15, 2019.

AND THAT IS WHY WE WERE ASKING THE WAY THAT BECAUSE THEY WERE ASKING US TO PAY $1980 ALL THE TIME. WE WOULD HAVE PAID THE BILL BUT THEY WERE SENDING IT TO THE

WRONG ADDRESS. >> D GET IN THE MAIL AT 800 AVENUE C.

>> WE DON'T EVEN HAVE A MAILBOX. SO WHEN HE CAME IN HE SAID THEY SENT THE BILL OUT AND IT CAME BACK TO THEM AND I SAID WELL WHY DIDN'T YOU NOTIFY US IN AND HE SAID WE DID NOT HAVE THE STAFF. IN A CIVIL HOW DID YOU FIND OUT WE HAVE A PO BOX NOW AND HE SAID WE HAVE STAFF NOW ON OUR STAFF ENDED OUT.

>> SPECIAL MAGISTRATE: WHAT BILLING ADDRESS IS ON THE ALARM APPLICATION ON FILE WITH THE

CITY? >> PO BOX 3863. DAM RESPONSIBLE PARTY, 3863,

ALARM LOCATION 800 AVENUE C. >> MASSEY THAT PLEASE. >> SO THAT MS. JACKIE AND MR.

>> THIS IS RESPONSIBLE PARTY AT PO THIS IS RESPONSIBLE PARTY AT PO BOX 3863.

WERE NOT GOING TO TAKE THEM FROM YOU. >> WE WOULD JUST LIKE TO HAVE BEEN BILLED. IF WE WERE BUILDING THE YEAR 18 WE SHOULD HAVE BEEN BILLED THEN

AND NOT IN 2020. >> THIS IS NOT HELPING ME. >> DID THEY TALK WITH YOU

BEFORE TODAY'S HEARING. >> NOT WITH ME. MS. JACKIE HAS BEEN HANDLING THE ALARMS AND APPEAL REQUESTS. I WOULD NEED TO GO BACK AND SEE BECAUSE THE ADDRESSES WE SHOW IN OUR RECORDS WERE 800 AVENUE C. I WOULD NEED TO SEE WHEN THE

[00:55:07]

ADDRESS WAS CHANGED TO THE PO BOX. THERE IS AN ANNUAL REGISTRATION WE HAVE TO REGISTER EVERY YEAR AND IT PROVIDES THE MAILING ADDRESS.

I COULD DO MORE RESEARCH ON THAT. RIGHT NOW OUR RECORDS SHOW 800 AVENUE CITY IS ADDRESS. BUT I CAN DOUBLE CHECK THAT AND CONFIRM THE.

>> I WILL CONTINUE THIS FOR 30 DAYS READING MORE TIME. >> IT IS NOT THE MORE TIME.

I JUST WANTED TO KNOW DO WE WANT TO CONTINUE BECAUSE IT SOUNDS LIKE THE BILL IS BEING DISPUTED ENOUGH THE FALSE ALARM. I DO QUESTION ABOUT THAT.

IS THERE ANY DISPUTE ABOUT THE ALARMS THAT WENT OFF.E HAVE FOUR FALSE ALARMS THAT WERE

ADDRESSED AND SO DO WE WANT TO DISCUSS THAT NOW. >> YES.

>> SPECIAL MAGISTRATE: YOU WILL WANT TO DISCUSS IT.O AHEAD. >> AGAIN, MY QUESTION IS, IS YOUR APPEAL SIMPLY HE DID NOT GET THE BILLS TIMELY OR ARE YOU APPEALING ALARMS SHOULD NOT BE

CLASSIFIED AS A FALSE ALARM. >>.

THAT THE BILL WAS GOING TO THE WRONG. >> THE TIMELINESS AND THE FACT THAT THE BILL WAS GOING TO THE WRONG LOCATION. THERE IS NO WAY WE WOULD'VE KNOWN THAT WE HAD A BILL IF YOU'RE BILLING THE WRONG ADDRESS.

>> BUT THAT IS PUTTING THE CART BEFORE THE HORSE. WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE

ALARM AND IT GOES OFF AT THE CHURCH? >> RETURN ABOUT THE PERSON THAT

IS CALLED. ADT. >> WHO DID THEY CALL WHEN THE

ALARM GOES OFF. THEY CALL YOU. >> THE FIRST PERSON THAT CAUSED THE PASTOR. WE HAVE FOUR PEOPLE AND IF THEY CAN'T GET A HOLD OF THEM, THERE

IS THREE OTHER PEOPLE IN ADDITION TO THAT. >> WERE ADDRESSING NOT SO MUCH THE FACT THAT THE BILL WAS MAILED TO THE WRONG ADDRESS. Y PURPOSE IS DECIDING WHETHER OR NOT YOU'RE IN VIOLATION BECAUSE THE ALARMS KEPT GOING OFF IT APPEARS TO ME.

SOMEBODY IS NOTIFIED AND APPARENTLY THIS OCCURRED FOUR TIMES.

THE POLICE WE ALL KNOW. THE ALARM COMPANY WILL CALL YOU AND SAY THE ALARM HAS GONE OFF AND IS EVERYTHING OKAY AND DEPENDING ON YOUR ANSWER IS WHETHER OR NOT POLICE WILL GO OUT AND IF EVERYBODY GETS INVOLVED AND THERE IS NO REASON FOR THE ALARM OTHER THAN SOME TRIP TO BUT THERE WAS NO PROBLEM THAN THAT IS TAKEN CARE OF.

CIVIL ON NOT WILL ELABORATELY FORM THAT. AS SHE SAID, YOU'RE COMPLAINING ABOUT THE BILL BUT SHE GOT THE BILL BECAUSE OF MY CIVIL LIBERTIES ALARMS KEEP GOING OFF AND NOBODY'S DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT. BOTTOM LINE.

SO DO YOU NEED TO TALK TO SOMEBODY TO ADDRESS THAT, WHO WAS CALLED OR NOT CALLED.

>> MEANING ADT. >> WHO IS ON THE LIST TO CALL. >> ONCE THE ALARM IS TRIGGERED.

>> NOW YOU CAN GO BACK TO YOUR CHURCH AND DISCUSS THAT WITH WHOMEVER.

BUT THAT IS WHY YOU GOT THE BILL BECAUSE THE ALARM KEPT GOING OFF.

>> I UNDERSTAND THAT. I JUST THINK TO REACH WAY BACK TO 2018.

THIS IS 2020. BECAUSE THERE WERE SENDING THAT TO THE WRONG ADDRESS.

WE WOULD'VE PAID THE FIRST WILL HAVE A SEND IT TO THE RIGHT ADDRESS.

>> THAT IS WHAT I'M SAYING THAT THE DISPUTE IS NOT THE PAYMENT. THE TIMELINESS AND BECAUSE OF THAT WAS NOT. I'M NOT SEEING ANY PENALTIES OR INTEREST OR ADDITIONAL FEES AND IF THERE HAD BEEN STAFF WOULD BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO WAIVE THEM.

PERHAPS WE NEED TO DO IS SIMILAR TO THE LAST CASE WE DRESS IS DUE AN EXTENDED PERIOD OF TIME TO PAY THIS. HE DID ACCUMULATE TO A LARGE AMOUNT.

[01:00:09]

I'M NOT HEARING A DISPUTE HAS SHE RECEDED AT THAT TIME SHE WOULD'VE PAID IT.

THEREFORE I'M THINKING MAYBE IT'S A $1900 BILL. THAT IS A LARGE AMOUNT FOR TERSE HAVE TO PAY IT ONE SHOT AND PERHAPS WE NEED TO SPACES OUT.

I CAN SAY THAT THE LAST ALARM WAS IN MARCH. THEY HAVE PASSED THEIR YEAR SO THAT THEY RESET TO ZERO AS FAR AS ALARMS GO AND IF ANOTHER ONE GOES OFF THEY WOULD BE BACK AT ZERO. SO PERHAPS WE NEED TO DO THE PERIOD OF TIME TO PAY.

>> MS. BARNES, I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE CAN DO ABOUT IT. I DON'T THINK THAT'S FAIR.

BUT THAT IS YOUR DECISION. IT SOUNDS TO ME LIKE WE NEED A HEARING IN THIS MATTER.

I WILL CONTINUE THIS UNTIL THE NEXT DOCKET SO THAT YOU CAN TALK TO WHOMEVER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ALARMS GOING OFF AT THE CHURCH AND ALL THE PEOPLE ON THE LIST OF WHO TO CALL TO THE

ALARM GO OFF. GET WITH THEM. >> I UNDERSTAND THAT.

BUT I'M JUST SAYING, OR YOU ARE JUST GOING TO IGNORE THAT THE BILL WAS SENT TO THE WRONG

ADDRESS.>> WHAT I'M DOING IS TRYING TO GIVE YOU ALL TIME. FIRST OF ALL YOU NEED TO TALK TO YOUR PEOPLE BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS CASE BUT WHAT I READ ON THE SHEET.

IF YOU'RE HERE CONTESTING THE BILL AS THE TIMELINESS OR GOING TO THE WRONG ADDRESS, SHE SAID THEY WOULD TALK TO YOU AND SIT DOWN TO SEE IF YOU CAN COME TO RESOLUTION WITH THAT.

BUT I DON'T HEAR YOU DISPUTING THE ALARM. YOU'RE DISPUTING THE AMOUNT.

IN YOUR LAST ALARM WAS 3/ 4/2019 AND THIS WENT TO THE CITY AT SOME POINT AND WE ARE HERE TODAY ON THE 15TH AS TO THE BALANCE WHICH IS $1980. I WOULD LIKE TO GIVE YOU ALL AN OPPORTUNITY TO SEE IF YOU CAN FIND OUT WHAT WENT ON OUTSIDE OF THE CHAMBERS BECAUSE I AM ONLY GOING TO RULE ON WHAT IS HERE. AND I'M OFFERING YOUR TIME TO

GET WITH THE APPROVAL TO SEE IF THERE IS MITIGATION IN ORDER. >> YOU HAVE TWO HEARINGS IN

AUGUST AND ONE ON AUGUST 5 AND WILL AUGUST 19. >> SPECIAL MAGISTRATE: WHICH

DATE WOULD YOU LIKE. >> THE PERSON EXCLUSIVE FROM READY.

>> WE CAN DO THAT AND I WILL BE HERE. YOU WANT THE FIRST.

>> MS. BARNES I WILL TRY TO GET THIS RESEARCH TODAY AND TOMORROW THE LATEST I WILL BE

IN TOUCH. >> GO AHEAD. >> I THINK YOU MIGHT'VE SET

AUGUST 1. JUST SO WE'RE CLEAR, IT IS THE FIFTH. >> AND BE SURE AND GET WITH YOUR PEOPLE ABOUT HE WAS ON THE LIST AND HE RESPONDS IN WHAT ORDER BECAUSE THAT IS CRUCIAL TO ME.HATEVER YOU AND THE CITY DECIDE THAT IT'S CRUCIAL BUT I'M LOOKING AT SOMETHING TOTALLY DIFFERENT. GOOD LUCK AND THANK YOU FOR COMING.

>> SPECIAL MAGISTRATE: NEXT CASE. >> I DON'T HAVE ANYBODY ELSE ON

THE LIST. SO I DON'T KNOW WHO THESE GENTLEMEN ARE.>> IT IS FORT

[F. 20-1444 AA 1723 Okeechobee Road Ft. Pierce Discount Liquor & Wine Jacqueline Young Smith]

PIERCE DISCOUNT LIQUOR AND WINE. 20 ã1444.

>> THE NEXT CASE IS 20 ã1444, 1723 OKEECHOBEE RD., FORT PIERCE DISCOUNT LIQUOR AND

WINE. >> WE HAVE CASE 20 ã1444, 1723 OKEECHOBEE RD., PORT PIERCE DISCOUNT LIQUOR LICENSE AND CASE INITIATED ON APRIL 22, 2020.

MR. SANJEEV WOULD LIKE TO SUBMIT AN ALARM APPEAL IN THESE ARGUMENT THE FACT OF A FALSE

ALARM ORDINANCE DEFINITION. >> THE SPECIAL MELMAGISTRATE TH THE APPELLANT.

WERE YOU SWORN. >> RAISED HER RIGHT HAND AND SAY YOUR NAME.>> SIGNED G

KUMAR. SANJEEV KUMAR. >> TO SWEAR OR AFFIRM THE

[01:05:03]

TESTIMONY ABOUT IT WILL BE THE TRUTH. >> YES.

>> THANK YOU. HOW DO YOU RESPOND IN ALLEGATION.

>> I SPOKE TO MS. JACKIE ABOUT IT THAT THERE WAS SOMETHING WRONG WITH MY ALARM AND I KEPT SEEING THAT THE ALARM COMPANY CAME IN EVERY TIME BUT I TOLD THEM IT KEEPS GOING OFF AND I PUT THE ALARM IN THEIR AND SO FINALLY THEY CHANGE THE PANEL AND AFTER THAT I NEVER HAD AN ISSUE. HE EXTENDED TO ANOTHER UNIT AND SO THEY JUST GRANDFATHERED IN.

BUT I DID TAKE CARE OF IT AND I BEEN TRYING TO GET THIS IS SOMEHOW DUE TO THE COVID-19 I WAS NOT TRYING TO POSTPONE IT. AND NORMALLY IF IT'S MY FAULT I ALWAYS PAY.

I HAVE A PHARMACY NEXT DOOR TO IT ONE TIME I FORGOT THE ALARM AND IT WENT OFF.

WHILE I'M IN THE BUILDING, THE COP SHOW UP IN THEM IN THE BUILDING TRYING TO TAKE IT OFF AND THERE'S NOTHING I CAN DO. IT WAS TRIGGERED BY THE TIME I GET TO THIS TO THE PHONE TO STOP CALLING, THAT IS WHY THE COPS CAME IN. OTHERWISE AFTER THE PHONE.

AS YOU CAN SEE THE TIMING IS EARLY IN THE MORNING AND ONE TIME IT WAS AT NIGHTTIME AND ALWAYS PICK UP THE PHONE AND I TAKE CARE OF THE MATTER IF THERE'S ANY ISSUE.

ANOTHER DISMISSIVE BALTIMORE BACILLI RESPOND TO THE SITE AND CHECK IT OUT TO SEE AND SOMETIMES I WEAVE IN THERE BEFORE THE COPS ARRIVED BUT I WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW THAT IS NOT MY FAULT FOR THE FALSE ALARM IN THERE. IT WAS THE PAD NOT REGISTERING AND IT JUST FREEZES ON ME. AND FINALLY THE ALARM COMPANY REPLACED THE PANEL.

>> HEAVY DISCUSSES WITH THE CITY. >> IS A DID SPEAK TO JACKIE.

>> JACKIE, WAS IN THE INVOICE FROM ADT SUBMITTED. >> I HAVE ABSOLUTELY.

>> DID YOU SUBMIT ANY PAPERWORK FROM THEM SO AND THEY DID A REPAIR.

>> THEY DO THE REPAIR. I CAN GET THE PAPERWORK THEY CAME IN AND TOOK CARE OF IT.

THEY CAME IN EACH TIME THEY CAN FIGURE OUT WHAT WAS GOING ON BECAUSE WHEN I WAS PUTTING ALARM ON THOSE WHO PUT THE SENSORS IN THEIR. SOMEHOW THEY TOOK CARE OF THE

MATTER AND AFTER THAT I NEVER HAD AN ISSUE. >> THAT HE WAS IN PAPERWORK

FROM ABSOLUTE. >> AT THE FIRST OF THE EMAIL ACTUALLY PILLING IT AND THAT IS

IN IT. DON'T HAVE ANY INFORMATION. >> HAVE INFORMATION IF YOU

WANT. >> I WILL CONTINUE THIS FOR 30 DAYS UNTIL MY UNTIL MY AUGUST 5 DOCKET. PLEASE GET WITH THEM AND SHOW THEM THE PAPERWORK.

>> ,JUST SUBMITTED. >> IF YOU GET WITH THEM AND THEY WILL TELL YOU WHAT YOU

NEED TO DO AND YOU MAY NOT HAVE TO COME IN. >> THANK YOU.

>> AGAIN, JUST LIKE THE OTHER GENTLEMEN. IF YOU'RE UNABLE TO ATTEND IN PERSON, WE HAVE THE ABILITY TO DO THINGS OVER THE PHONE WITH RESUME MEETINGS SO WE ARE SET

UP FOR THAT NOW. GOOD LUCK. >> IS ADDED FOR THE ONCE

PRESENT? >> THAT IS IT FOR THE ONES PRESENT.

>> WILL DO THE TELEPHONE CONFERENCE NOW. >> THERE IS A GENTLEMAN HERE.

>> IS WITH THE CITY. >> WHICH CASE IS THIS? >> THIS IS CASE 2014 34, 141

[A. 20-1434 AA 141 Melody Lane Uncle Carlos Gelato Jacqueline Young-Smith]

MELODY LN., UNCLE CARLOS GELATO AND IT IS A TELEPHONE CONFERENCE.

[01:10:28]

>> THIS IS PEGGY WITH THE CITY OF FORT PIERCE. WHOM AM I SPEAKING WITH?

>> GOOD MORNING. >> WE HEAVY ON SPEAKERPHONE. IF YOU COULD FIRST BE SWORN IN.

>> SURE. >> SIR PLEASE STATE YOUR NAME FOR THE RECORD.

>> THE SWEAR FIRM TESTIMONY ABOUT TO GIVE ME THE TRUTH. >> I SWEAR.

>> THANK YOU. >> CASE 2014 34 144 -- 141 141 MOBILITY MELODY LN., UNCLE CARLOS GELATO, INITIATED APRIL 27, 2020. MR. SHAWSHANK IS DISPUTING ALARM NUMBER THREE IN INVOICE DISPUTING ALARM NUMBER THREE IN INVOICE 20 9515.

>> CAN I SAY SOMETHING. >> YES OR. >> THE ALARM WENT OFF LATE AT NIGHT DUE TO A PROBLEM WITH THE ALARM SYSTEM. I CALLED ADT WHICH IS THE ALARM COMPANY. THEY HAVE COME AND REPLACED IN THE MOTION SICK STSENSOR.

>> WE ASKED FOR THIS TO BE CONTINUED AND HAVE THE PAPERWORK AFFORDED TO THE CITY.

>> THE CITY IS REQUESTING A CONTINUANCE HE CAN FOR THOSE DOCUMENTS FROM ADT TO THEM SO HOPEFULLY YOU CAN RESOLVE THIS MATTER OUT OF THE HEARING CHAMBERS.

>> SURE. HOW WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO FORWARD.I CAN EMAIL IT TO

SOMEONE.> HOLD ON. >> YES SIR. DO YOU HAVE MISS JACKIE'S

EMAIL. >> JACQUELINE'S RIGHT. >> YES SIR.

>> YES I THINK SO. SHE HAD CORRESPONDED WITH ME EARLIER.

>> IF YOU COULD FORWARD THE INFORMATION TO HER. >> WHAT EMAIL ADDRESS WE --

WHAT YOU BE FORDING. >> HE SENT ME THE REPORT AND I BELIEVE I CAN FORWARD THAT TO YOU. WAS IT AN OUTSTANDING BILL OF 200.

DEAR MEMBER THE PAYMENT ON THAT. THAT THAT WE WILL COMMIT JUDGMENT. THE TECHNICIAN SAID THIS IS SUFFICIENT AND I WILL TRY TO

AFFORDED AGAIN. >> IT LOOKS LIKE A DO NOT HAVE THAT.

I WAS LOOKING AT SOMETHING ELSE. I WANTED TO CONFIRM THAT AND

PLEASE FORWARD THAT TO ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. >> IN THE NEXT 15 OR 20

MINUTES.> THAT WOULD BE FINE. >> THIS IS A SPECIAL MAGISTRATE. I'M ALSO LOOKING AT THE COLLECTIONS BALANCE ON HERE.

>> THERE WAS AN INVOICE. AND IT LEFT A BALANCE OF $400. THAT NEEDS TO BE DISCUSSED.

WE WILL CONTINUE THIS UNTIL AUGUST 5. >> YES MA'AM.

>> THANK YOU. >> THANK YOU SIR. >> THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

PLACE CAN I DISCONNECT? >> YES. >> WE WILL NOT LEAVE THEM IN.

> SPECIAL MAGISTRATE, BASED ON THE CONTINUED COVID-19 WE'RE GOING TO AUTOMATICALLY

[01:15:02]

RESCHEDULE EVERYBODY WHO HAS NOT APPEARED. WE NOW HAVE THE ABILITY FOR ANYONE WHO ATTEND BY TELEPHONE. WE HAVE SET UP TO DO MEETINGS FOR THE ZOOM REQUIRES A TELEPHONE BUT THE RESPONDENT WOULD BE ABLE ON THEIR COMPUTER TO SEE ANY EVIDENCE.

SO WE BROUGHT UP PHOTOS AND EVERYTHING ON THIS MONITOR ANYTHING WE BRING UP ON THE COMPUTER THE RESPONDENT WILL BE UP TO SEE SO WE WILL SEE ANY EVIDENCE THAT IS PRESENTED AND SO WE WILL RESEND THE NOTICES WITH THE NEW UPDATES AND IF YOU'RE ABLE TO ATTEND IN PERSON DUE TO COVID-19 OR ANY OTHER REASON, WE HAVE THE ABILITY TO APPEAR REMOTELY.

>> VERY THOUGHTFUL OF THE CITY. >> WE WILL CONTINUE ANYTHING, ANYONE WHO DID NOT APPEAR

TODAY. >> THANK YOU. PLACE ANY OTHER MATTERS.

>> WERE THERE ANY RMD'S STAFF WANTED TO READ IN. >> I DID NOT SEE ANY.

>> I JUST WANTED TO BE SURE. THANK YOU. >> THANK YOU FOR BRINGING THAT

UP. >> SPECIAL MAGISTRATE, THERE WAS ONE OF THE RECALL THAT WAS BEFORE YOU TODAY THAT DID NOT SHOW. I DON'T KNOW IF YOU WISH TO

CONTINUE THAT ONE AS WELL DO YOU WANT TO HEAR THAT ONE. >> WE WILL CONTINUE IT ALL.

>> BECAUSE WE ESSENTIALLY DID A BLANKET CONTINUANCE. >> GOOD

* This transcript was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.