Link

Social

Embed

Download

Download
Download Transcript

[1. CALL TO ORDER]

[00:00:06]

>>SPECIAL MAGISTRATE: GOOD MORNING. I'M THE SPECIAL MAGISTRATE WHO WILL PROVIDE -- PRESIDE OVER THIS MORNING'S HEARING. YOU'RE HERE BECAUSE YOU WERE RECEIVING A NOTICE THAT YOUR PROPERTY WAS IN VIOLATION OF A CITY CODE ORDINANCE. FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE NOT CORRECTED IT AND WISH TO BE HEARD, WE WILL CALL YOUR CASE SHORTLY. NUMBER ONE, DOES ANYONE HERE NEED AN INTERPRETER? WE HAVE ONE. OKAY. AND THIS SEGMENT IS ALWAYS TELEVISED ON A LOCAL TELEVISED CIRCUIT. PLEASE BE AWARE THAT WHEN YOU COME TO THE PODIUM. IF YOU DON'T MIND, PLEASE STAND FOR THE PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE.

>> (PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE. >>SPECIAL MAGISTRATE: DO YOU WANT TO HAVE EVERYONE'S MORNING NOW, MR. CROSS?

[A. ADMINISTRATION OF OATH TO DEPARTMENTAL WITNESSES]

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE GOING TO OFFER TESTIMONY PLEASE RAISE YOUR RIGHT HAND AND WE WILL DIRECT YOU ON HOW WE WILL TAKE YOUR OATH TO TESTIFY TRUTHFULLY

WITNESSES SWORN. >>SPECIAL MAGISTRATE: OKAY.

MADAME CLERK, WHEN YOU ARE READY, CALL THE FIRST CASE?

[Q. 20-751 1104 Tumblin Kling Rd Kelly, Denise Cris Bossano]

>> THE FIRST CASE WILL BE 5Q, CASE NUMBER 20 ã751 1104 TUMBLING CLAIM. DENISE KELLY

IS THE OWNER. >> GOOD MORNING, YOUR HONOR.

>> GOOD MORNING. >> GOOD MORNING.

>> THANK YOU. >> GOOD MORNING, SPECIAL MAGISTRATE. I WAS PREVIOUSLY SWORN IN FOR THE RECORD. I HAD A CHANCE TO SPEAK TO THE ATTORNEY REGARDING THIS MATTER. WE HAVE STIPULATED THAT THERE IS A VIOLATION PRESENT.

HOWEVER, TO PROVIDE THE PARTY UNTIL FEBRUARY 15 TO COME INTO COMPLIANCE OTHERWISE A FINE OF $100 PER DAY WILL BE ASSESSED AT THAT TIME.

>>SPECIAL MAGISTRATE: OKAY. >> THAT IS THE AGREEMENT.

>> OKAY. ANYTHING FURTHER? >> NO.

>> BY STIPULATION OF THE PARTIES, I WILL GIVE MS. KELLY, WHO IS PRESENT, 15 DAYS TO COME

INTO COMPLIANCE -- >> FEBRUARY 15.

>> AM SORRY. FEBRUARY 15. SO THAT IS.

>> SHE HAS -- SOMEONE COMING TO VISIT HER RATHER THAN SOMEBODY TO PAY TO DO THE REPAIRS.

>> OKAY. ALL RIGHT. SO, ALL RIGHT. I WILL GIVE YOU UNTIL FEBRUARY 15 TO COME INTO COMPLIANCE. IF NOT, YOU WILL BE FINED $100 PER DAY. AND IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS GET IN TOUCH WITH MR. COSTS. YOU HAVE 30 DAYS TO APPEAL.

[F. 20-307 3009 Avenue M Bright Outlooks LLC Cris Bossano]

>> THING ISTHE NEXT CASES 5F. THE ADDRESS IS 3009 AVENUE M WHITE OUTLOOK LLC IS THE OWNER.

>> CAN YOU COME TO THE PODIUM? BOTH OF YOU?

>> GOOD MORNING. >> WHEN YOU READY?

>> CASE NUMBER 2307. ADDRESS 3009 AVENUE M. THE CASE WAS INITIATED GENDER 27 2020. THE

[00:05:25]

OWNERS ARE BRIGHT OUTLOOKS LLC. THE ADDRESS IS 3209 SCARLET TANAGER COURT, PORT ST. LUCIE, FLORIDA 34 952. THE VIOLATIONS I PMC -- IPMC THROUGH 4.13, WINDOWS DOORS AND FRAMING. IPMC THROUGH 4.13.1 GLAZING, IPMC THROUGH THROUGH 4.13.2 OPENABLE WINDOWS, IPMC 305.3 INTERIOR SURFACES, IPMC 309.1 INFESTATION, IPMC 505.4 WATER HEATING FACILITIES, IPMC 504.1 PLUMBING FIXTURES.

THE CORRECTIONS AND ACTIONS, REPAIR REPLACE THE DAMAGED EXTERIOR DOOR. MAKE NECESSARY REPAIRS TO THE DOOR MAKING IT WEATHERTIGHT. REPAIR AND REPLACE WINDOWS THAT ARE BROKEN, REPLACE WITH -- WITH WINDOWS OR ARE IN OPERABLE. REPAIR HOLES IN THE INTERIOR WALLS AND CRACKED TILES IN THE WALKWAYS. TREAT PROPERTY FOR PEST INFESTATION. REPAIR REPLACE WATER HEATER THAT LEAKS. REPAIR REPLACE BROKEN SINK IN THE BATHROOM THAT LEAK.

THE RECOMMENDATION TO GIVE THEM 60 DAYS TO OBTAIN A PERMIT. AFTER OBTAIN REQUIRE INSPECTION AT LEAST EVERY 100 DAYS UNTIL THE PERMIT HAS BEEN CLOSED, COMPLY WITH OTHER PERMIT CONDITIONS AND SURE VIOLATIONS DESCRIBED IN THE WATER NOT REQUIRING A PERMIT OR FIND OF $100 A DAY BE ASSESSED. THANK YOU.

>> WHO IS GOING TO RESPOND? >> SPECIAL MAGISTRATE, CAN WE JUST INQUIRE, DO YOU HAVE THE PHOTOS?

>> YES. >> TO SUBMIT.

>> YES. >> OKAY. DID YOU GET A CHANCE

TO SHOW THEM TO THE RESPONDENT. >> THEY HAVE THE PHOTOS

ALREADY. >> THEY HAVE A READY? LET'S MAKE SURE THEY SEE IT AS WE DO. WE HAVE PHOTOS THAT THIS GENTLEMAN -- WHERE THEY TOOK.

WHAT WE HAVE OUR PHOTOS OF WHAT.

>> (MULTIPLE SPEAKERS). >> WILL GET TO IT IN A MOMENT BUT HE IS USUALLY THE PHOTOGRAPHS BEFORE CAN ACCEPT THEM AS EVIDENCE.

>> THANK YOU. >> YES.

>> WAIT A MINUTE, SIR. MR. HARRINGTON, YOU HAVE YOUR TURN, PLEASE.

>> OKAY. >> I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT THIS

IS. >> OF SPECIAL MAGISTRATE, NOT

TO INTERRUPT. >> PLEASE? THANK YOU,

COUNSELOR, GO AHEAD. >> THE PHOTOS ARE NOT IN EVIDENCE JUST YET. YOU WILL GET A CHANCE TO TALK ABOUT THEM. WE WANTED YOU TO TAKE A LOOK AT THEM SO WE CAN MOVE THEM INTO EVIDENCE AND ONCE THEY ARE IN YOU WOULD SAY

ANYTHING YOU WANT ABOUT THEM. >> WE HAVE THEM AVAILABLE TO GO

UP ON THE SCREEN AS WELL. >> AT THIS TIME WE WOULD MOVE THE PHOTOS SOON AS CITY'S COMPOSITE 1.

>> THEY WILL BE ADMITTED AS CITY'S COMPOSITE 1.

>> YOU TO DECENTLY DEPICT WHAT YOU SAW?

>> WE -- THEY COMPLAINED AND WE GOT AN ANONYMOUS CALL SO WE GOT WENT OVER THERE TO SEE THE COMPLAINT HERE AND WE TOOK THE PICTURES.

>>SPECIAL MAGISTRATE: OKAY. THANK YOU. ANYTHING FURTHER?

>> OKAY. WHO IS GOING TO SPEAK FIRST.

[00:10:01]

>> AGAIN, STATE YOUR NAME FOR THE RECORD.

>> GEORGE HARRINGTON. >> OKAY. AND HOW TO RESPOND,

MR. HARRINGTON. >> I FIXED EVERYTHING, YOUR

HONOR. >> OKAY.

>> I DID NOT DO -- I THOUGHT THEY WERE CLOSED BECAUSE THE MORE I CALLED I NEVER GOT AN ANSWER. AND THEN WHAT I WAS GOING THROUGH PERSONALLY, BUT I GOT EVERYTHING DONE BUT THEY ASKED ME -- HE -- THAT HE ASKED ME TO DO. BUT EVERY TIME I CALLED, I NEVER GOT AN ANSWER.

SO I THOUGHT IT -- IT WAS CLOSED UNTIL SHE BROUGHT THE PAPER TO ME THAT SHOWED ME.

>> YOU HAVE PHOTOGRAPHS OF THE WORK THAT YOU HAVE COMPLETED?

>> YES, MA'AM. >> HAVE YOU SHOWN THEM?

>> NO, MA'AM. >> WOULD YOU SHARE THOSE WITH

HIM? >> YES.

>> I DIDN'T FIX THE SINK I REPLACED IT. I SHOWED YOU THAT. WHERE THE TOWN WAS BROKE OFF WHAT YOU SAID FIX ALL THE DOORS DOWN THERE, FIX. THE BACK DOOR FRAME, FIXED. THE HOT WATER HEATER, YOU SAID -- (MULTIPLE SPEAKERS) --?

>> THE WATER HEATER. >> THE HOT WATER HEATER NEVER WAS TORAH. THE ME SHOW YOU. SHE TOOK -- THE LITTLE DESK OF HERE. THAT'S WHAT CAUSED THE WATER TO LEAK. AND WHAT YOU THOUGHT WAS A EASE OF WIRE WAS A BICYCLE CHAIN. THAT'S RIGHT.

IT WAS A BICYCLE CHAIN. THAT'S NOT EVEN THERE ANYMORE. YOU CAN SEE IT RIGHT THERE. I CLEANED IT. THERE IS THAT'S WHERE THE CHAIN OR. YOU THOUGHT IT WAS A PIECE HEADING OUT OF THE -- IT WAS A BICYCLE CHAIN. AND WHERE THE WATER CAME FROM, OTHER THAN SPEAK IT THERE. THE LITTLE GASKET INSIDE YOUR BECAUSE THAT TOO LATE. SHE TOOK IT OUT. THE COMPLAINANT BECAUSE SHE DID NOT WANT TO PAY RENT.

>> CAN POSES A MINUTE? >> YES, MA'AM.

>> YOU WILL HAVE BASICALLY -- YOUR REPRESENTATION HERE IS THAT YOU HAVE CORRECTED ALL

THESE PROBLEMS. >> JIMMIA.

>> BUT YOU DID NOT CONTACT THE CITY, FOR WHATEVER REASON, TO BRING THEM OUT TO HAVE THEM

INSPECT BUT YOU DO HAVE PHOTOS. >> YES.

>> THE FIRST TIME I DID MOST OF IT, I CALLED AND CAME OUT. AND HE SAID WELL YOU NEED TO FIX THE HOLE AND THE HOLE WAS FIXED RIGHT HERE BY THE LIGHT SWITCH WHICH YOU SAY NEED TO BE FIXED,

TOO. I FIXED IT. >> LET ME DO THIS. AND ARE YOU MOVING THE PHOTOS INTO EVIDENCE.

>> YES, MA'AM. >> OKAY. THEY WILL BE PLAINTIFF'S EXHIBIT 1. OKAY? SO, THOSE WILL COME INTO EVIDENCE. HERE IS WHAT I WANT TO DO. I WANT TO CONTINUE THIS SO THAT MR. BOLZANO YOU WILL HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY TO GO OUT AND SEE FOR YOURSELF IF THE REPAIRS ARE WHATEVER NEEDS TO BE DONE HAS BEEN COMPLETED. IF IT IS, THEN THIS CASE WILL NOT COME BACK BEFORE ME. I'M GOING TO CONTINUE IT FOR THE SAKE OF BOTH PARTIES SO YOU ALL CAN BE ON ONE ACCORD AND IF IT'S DONE, THEN YOU WILL NOT HAVE TO COME

BACK. >> OKAY.

>> THEY WILL GIVE YOU A HEARING DATE. IN THE MEANTIME, MR. BOLZANO WILL GIVE YOU A NUMBER WHERE YOU CAN REACH HIM AND SCHEDULE A TIME FOR ALL OF YOU ALL TOO WELL AND TAKE A LOOK AT

WHAT HAS BEEN DONE OKAY? >> YES.

>> THAT'S EVIDENCE. YES IT. >>.

>> TRUE GREEN COMES IN AND SPRAYS INSIDE AND OUTSIDE.

>> THAT WILL BE MADE A PART OF YOUR COMPOSITE EXHIBIT. OKAY. ANYTHING FURTHER?

>> NO. >> NO JUST A NUMBER THAT WILL

BE ANSWERED. >> HE'S GOING TO GET WITH YOU OR SOMEBODY FROM THE BUILDING CODE WILL GET WITH YOU TO GIVE YOU A NUMBER THANK YOU FOR

COMING. >> THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

>>. >> NEXT CASE.

[L. 20-665 505 S 12th Street Aquino, Pamfilo Cris Bossano]

[00:15:17]

>> THE NEXT CASE IS 20 ã 666-5505 12TH STREET CEE LO IS THE OWNER. AND WE HAVE AN

INTERPRETER AS WELL. >>SPECIAL MAGISTRATE: DO WE

HAVE AN INTERPRETER NOW? >> OKAY. GOOD. I DIDN'T RECOGNIZE YOU WITH THE MASK ON. YOU UNDERSTAND FIRST PERSON, I WENT TO THE STORE YOU HAVE TO SAY JUST AS IF YOU WERE HIM, OKAY?

>> COULD YOU STEP ASIDE, HAVE TO SWEAR HIM IN.

WITNESS SWORN. >> THIS IS NUMBER 26 65. THE

ADDRESS IS 505 S. STREET. >> THE CASE WAS INITIATED MARCH

2, 2020. >> THE RECOMMENDATION.

>> EVALUATION SECTION 5-1105.1 PERMIT REQUIRED.

>> THE CORRECTION ACTION OBTAIN A PERMIT FOR WINDOWS INSTALLED WITHOUT A PERMIT. THE RECOMMENDATION IS THE CITY REQUEST THAT THE SPECIAL MAGISTRATE BY THE VIOLATION EXISTS, THE VIOLATOR WILL BE GIVEN 60 DAYS TO OBTAIN A PERMIT, OBTAIN APPROVAL FOR ALL REQUIRED INSPECTIONS AT LEAST AT LEAST 180 DAYS UNTIL THE PERMIT HAS BEEN CLOSED. COMPLY WITH ALL OTHER PERMIT CONDITIONS, AND CURE ALL OTHER VIOLATIONS DESCRIBED IN THE ORDER NOT REQUIRING A PERMIT OR A FINE OF $100 A DAY BE ASSESSED.

>> THIS WAS A COMPLAINT WHAT WE -- WHEN I WENT THERE I FOUND THAT THEY DID A LOT OF WORK.

>> GIVE THEM TIME TO EXPLAIN. >>.

>> I WAS -- WE ã (INDISCERNIBLE) -- AND I HAVE PICTURES.

>> DID YOU SHOW THOSE. >> NOT GET?

>> BEFORE YOU GO TO ADMIT THAT, >> THE FIRST TIME WE WENT OVER THERE THE HOUSE WAS BROWN AND HE CHANGED THE COLORS.

[00:20:28]

>> WHAT IS THE GARAGE THAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT.

>> CAN WE ADVISE HIM THAT WE ARE JUST TRYING TO MOVE THE PHOTOS INTO EVIDENCE AT THIS TIME AND THEN WE CAN TALK ABOUT EACH INDIVIDUAL PHOTOGRAPH?

P>> RIGHT. >> HOLD ON BEFORE YOU RESPOND.

HOLD ON. ARE YOU MOVING TO ADMIT THE

EVIDENCE IS EVIDENCE. >> YES.

>> THEY WILL BE MOVED AS CITY'S COMPOSITE 1. DO THEY ACCURATELY PORTRAY THE GARAGE THAT YOU ARE

TALKING ABOUT HERE? >> OKAY. THEY WILL BE ADMITTED AS CITY'S COMPOSITE 1. NOW WE CAN RESPOND.

>> WHAT IS IT THAT YOU ARE REFERRING TO?

>> IF YOU CAN PROVE THAT IT WAS A GARAGE AND HE WANTS ANYTHING, THAT'S HEALTHY GARAGE WAS -- THAT'S HOW THAT STRUCTURE WAS WHEN I BOUGHT THE HOUSE. THIS IS WHAT WAS CLOSED AND THIS HOW I OPENED IT UP QUICK SO -- CALLED IT.

>> LET'S CLARIFY, YOU'RE HOLDING THE PHOTOS THAT ARE NOW IN EVIDENCE, CORRECT? OKAY.

AND ARE THEY LABELED A THROUGH Z? ARE THEY LABELED WITH LETTERS OF THE ALPHABET? OKAY.

CAN YOU TELL US WHAT PHOTOS YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT THAT WE CAN PUT IT UP ON THE SCREEN.

>> WE HAVE TO TRANSLATE WHICH SHE SAYS AS WELL.

>> CAN SHE REPEAT THAT? >> HOLD ON. JUST A SECOND.

>> THANK YOU. >> ARE YOU HOLDING THE PHOTOS

IN EVIDENCE? >> CAN YOU TELL US IF THE PHOTOS HAVE LETTERS OF THE ALPHABET ON THEM.

>> CAN YOU TELL US WHAT PHOTOS YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT?

>> I DID NOT GET HIS ANSWER. >> ARE WE ABLE TO GET THOSE ON

THE SCREEN? >> CAN YOU DESCRIBE WHAT WE SEE IN PHOTOS E AND F AND WHY YOU THINK THEY REPRESENT A VIOLATION?

LET THE TRANSLATOR TRANSLATE. >> THE WINDOWS AND THEY CLOSE THE GARAGE. THAT'S WHEN THE PICTURE YOU CAN SEE --

[00:25:01]

>> YOU WANT TO START AT PICTURE A INTEL IS WHAT YOU SEE THAT REPRESENTS A VIOLATION.

>> THEY HAVE TWO VIOLATIONS. THEY HAVE A PLUMBER AND THAT THEY HAVE A WATER HEATER AND THE ELECTRIC WIRE -- IT'S NOT THAT -- IS NOT BY CODE.

>> THE ONLY VIOLATION THAT I HAVE HERE IS FOR A PERMIT REQUIRED. LIST NO OTHER VIOLATION. SO I WILL ONLY ADDRESS THE PERMIT VIOLATION.

LET ME ASK YOU QUESTION. DID YOU LOOK AT THE ORIGINAL FLOOR PLAN FOR THIS HOUSE?

>> WE HAVE A DIVISION OF TRANSFER -- FROM THE RECORDS, WE HAVE A --

>> DID YOU SHOW THAT TO MR. QUINTO? SHOW THAT TO HIM, PLEASE.

>> THAT'S NOT A GARAGE. >> IT'S NOT A GARAGE. WHEN I BOUGHT THE HOUSE IT WAS LIKE THAT. YOU CAN SEE THAT THERE IS A DRIVEWAY BUT THERE'S NOT A

GARAGE. >> WHEN DID YOU PURCHASE THE

HOUSE. >> COUNSELOR DO YOU WANT TO

INQUIRE? >> I GUESS WHAT I'M TRYING TO GET OUT IS I THINK THE ISSUE IS NOT SO WHAT ARE WE CALL IT A GARAGE OR NOT A GARAGE, THAT SEMANTICS. I THINK THE ISSUE WAS WHETHER OR NOT THE WORDS UNPERMITTED WORK DONE AT THE

LOCATION. >> SO WHAT I'M TRYING TO GET THE WITNESS TO TESTIFY TO IS WHAT IS THE EVIDENCE OF UNPERMITTED WORK THAT YOU SAW?

>> THE REBUILDING HOUSE AND THEY DO FLOORS. THIS IS LIKE TWO INCHES -- AROUND THE STRUCTURE. SO SOMETIMES THEY CANNOT GO ALL THE WAY DOWN. AND THIS LOOKS DIFFERENT.

>> IS NOT SOMETHING THAT WE CAN SEE IN THE PHOTOGRAPHS THAT YOU TOOK? TELL US WHAT IS

[00:30:20]

DIFFERENT. >> THE WINDOWS IN THE AIR CONDITIONING -- AND ANOTHER WINDOW.

>> (INDISCERNIBLE) THE OTHER WINDOWS --

>>. >> THE WINDOW, THEY GET IT.

>>. >> ANYTHING FURTHER.

>> COUNSELOR, DO YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS?

>> THE DOCUMENT WAS FROM THE PROPERTY APPRAISER?

>> AND IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE APPRAISER'S OFFICE.

>> CAN YOU REMOVE THAT PAGE FROM THE FILE AND SUBMITTED AS EVIDENCE?

>> THANK YOU. >> THIS WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE

CITY COMPOSITE 1. >> SAYS THE PHOTOGRAPH THAT WAS SUBMITTED. PART OF THE PROPERTY APPRAISAL.

>> IN WHICH AREA OF THE HOUSE IS THE WORK DONE THAT YOU'VE DESCRIBED?

>> (INDISCERNIBLE). >> SPECIAL MAGISTRATE, THE CITY MOVES IT -- ALL VIOLATIONS FROM THIS CASE. THE DAS HERE IS A BASED AIR-CONDITIONED SPACE.

IF THE WORK HAD BEEN DONE IN THE LABELED -- THAT'S UNCONDITIONED UNFINISHED SPACE.

>> SO YOU ARE WITHDRAWING THIS COMPLAINT?

>> OKAY. THANK YOU. THANK YOU FOR COMING. THANK YOU CAESAR, ALWAYS.

>> NEXT CASE PLEASE. >> THE NEXT CASE IS 5K. CASE

[K. 20-664 1210 N 17th St Unlimited US Services Corp Cris Bossano]

NUMBER 26 ãFOUR 1210 NORTH 17TH STREET, UNLIMITED US SERVICES CORP. IS THE OWNER.

>> WHEN YOU ARE READY. THE CASE NUMBER IS 20-664. 1210 NORTH 17TH STREET. THE CASE

[00:35:02]

WAS INITIATED MARCH1210 NORTH 17TH STREET. THE CASE WAS INITIATED MARCH 2020. THE OWNERS UNLIMITED U.S. SERVICES CORPORATION. 3158 SW. ESPERANTO STREET PORT ST. LUCIE FLORIDA. THE VIOLATION IS SECTION SECTION 5-1105.1 PERMIT REQUIRED. CORRECTION ACTION OBTAIN A PERMIT FOR BUILDING, PLUMBING, MECHANICAL AND ELECTRICAL BEEN DONE WITHOUT A PERMIT. THE RECOMMENDATION. THE CITY REQUEST THAT IF THE SPECIAL MAGISTRATE FINDS VIOLATION EXISTS, THE VIOLATOR BE GIVEN 60 DAYS TO OBTAIN A PERMIT, OBTAIN APPROVAL FOR ALL REQUIRED INSPECTIONS AT LEAST EVERY 180 DAYS UNTIL THE PERMIT HAS BEEN CLOSED. COMPLY WITH ALL OTHER PERMIT CONDITIONS AND YOUR ALL OTHER VIOLATIONS DESCRIBED IN THE ORDER NOT REQUIRING A PERMIT OR A FINE OF 250 DAYS PER DAY BE ASSESSED. I SAW THE GUYS CLEANING INSIDE A HOUSE. THEY START TAKING -- (INDISCERNIBLE) -- OUTSIDE THE HOUSE INTO THE STREET. NO, WINDOWS. IN SOME PLACE THEY HAVE BROKEN WINDOWS. SO I TOOK -- I GOT THE PICTURES FROM INSIDE AND -- AND YOU CAN SEE -- I HAVE THE PICTURES FOR EVIDENCE. OKAY. AND YOU CAN SEE WHERE THERE WAS (INDISCERNIBLE) IN THE APARTMENT.

>> CAN YOU SHOW THE PICTURES TO THE RESPONDED, PLEASE?

>> WE WOULD MOVE THE PHOTOS IN THIS CITY'S COMPOSITE 1.

>> THEY WILL BE ADMITTED AS CITY'S COMPOSITE 1. ANYTHING FURTHER?

>> NO. >> SIR, YOU ARE SWORN, STATE

YOUR NAME FOR THE RECORD. >> TONY ESPINOZA.

>> HOW DO YOU RESPOND TO THE ALLEGATION.

>> -- I WOULD LIKE TO EXPLAIN MY SITUATION. I'VE BEEN HERE BEFORE AND I MADE IT CLEAR TO SEAN THAT I WOULD ALWAYS OBTAIN PERMITS. THERE IS A SQUATTER LIVING IN THE HOUSE FOR OVER 10 YEARS AND THE HOUSE WAS PRETTY TRASHED. AND I HIRED A GUY TO CLEAN IT AND STRIP IT TO THE BARE-BONES. I GUESS IGNORE THIS IS AN EXCUSE BUT THAT WHAT IT WAS. ALL I WANTED TO DO WAS HAVE THE PLACE LAID OUTSTRIPPED TO THE BONE SO THIS WAY I CAN SEE WHAT I HAVE TO ADDRESS FIRST. SINCE THEN, HE GOT TO ME BEFORE I COULD GET IT DONE. WE'VE HAD THE ROOF DONE WHICH WE USED A LICENSED ROOFER WHICH THEY OBTAINED A PERMIT. THERE WAS A LICENSED ELECTRICAL CONTRACTOR ON THE JOB RIGHT NOW WHO'S OBTAINED THE PERMIT AND I'M LOOKING AT PLUMBERS WHO -- THEY HAVE TO HAVE A PERMIT TO COME IN AND DO DEPARTMENT WORK. I HAVE NO PROBLEMS WITH -- I THOUGHT THAT CLEANING OUT THE HOUSE AND AT LEAST GETTING IT TO BARE-BONES LIKE IT WAS DIDN'T REQUIRE A PERMIT WHICH ALL WE WERE DOING AS WE SAID WAS CLEANING IT OUT. HAD I NOT, THEN I WOULD HAVE DONE THAT. I DON'T HAVE ANY PROBLEMS AS I TOLD SHAWN FROM THE LAST EPISODE THAT WE HAD. IT'S NOT THAT EXPENSIVE FOR PERMITS AND I UNDERSTAND CONSTRUCTION. I DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT A CONTRACTOR HAULING BE OVERCOME IF YOU WILL. I'M SORRY THAT THIS CAME TO IT, BUT I HAVE NO INTENTIONS OF -- MY HOUSES RIGHT OUT THERE IN THE OPEN. WE'VE DONE SIX HOUSES IN THIS NEIGHBORHOOD RIGHT ON THAT STREET. AND I WAS OKAY. AND I'M STILL OKAY WITH IT -- GETTING THE PERMITS. LIKE I SAID, THE ROOFER GOT HIS PERMIT THE ELECTRIC CHRISTIANS ONLY IS ON THE JOB WITH THE PERMIT AND THERE WILL BE A PLUMBER SOON AS THE ELECTRIC IS DONE WITH A PERMIT TO COME OUT AND I WELCOME ANYBODY THAT WANTS TO COME OUT AND TAKE A LOOK. I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THAT AT ALL.

[00:40:13]

>> OF THE ROOFERS OUT THERE. >> THE ROOFER IS DONE. WE APPLY FOR THE PERMIT. THE ELECTRICIAN GOT THE PERMIT. HE'S OUT THERE NOW. I WAS THERE YESTERDAY OR THE DAY BEFORE THURSDAY PERMIT HANGING UP RIGHT THERE. THE ONLY REASON I DID NOT CALL FOR A PERMIT TO CLEAN NOW I DIDN'T THINK CLEANING IT OUT WOULD REQUIRE A PERMIT. I UNDERSTAND THE ELECTRIC IN THE ROOF AND THE PLUMBING AND IF YOU ARE BUILDING A NEW STRUCTURE. I GET THAT. BUT I JUST DIDN'T REALLY THINK THAT CLEANING IT OUT -- THERE WAS A HOARDER IN THERE FOR 10 YEARS AND IT WAS PRETTY FUNKED UP. HAD I KNOWN THAT -- I DON'T KNOW WHY WOULD A CALL TO GET TO THAT, BUT I JUST DIDN'T THINK.

>> WHERE ARE YOU NOW WITH THE PERMITTING.

>> SPECIAL MAGISTRATE, I AM REVIEWING THAT. THE ROOF PERMIT WAS ISSUED AND CLOSED.

THERE IS AN ACTIVE ELECTRIC PERMIT 20-ã2605 THERE ARE NOT ANY PERMITS FOR OTHER BUILDING, PLUMBING OR MECHANICAL WORK. I WOULD LIKE TO, IF WE COULD GET BACK TO THE PHOTOGRAPHIC EVIDENCE AND HAVE HIM DESCRIBING EACH PHOTOGRAPH WHICH -- WHICH WORK REQUIRES A

PERMIT? >> DVDS BECKY.

>> OKAY. THANK YOU. >> THE FIRST PERMANENT IS FOR

THE DEMOLITION. >> IF WE COULD GO IN THE ORDER OF THE PICTURES STARTING WITH PHOTOGRAPH A. IF YOU CAN DESCRIBE WHAT IS SHOWN IN THAT

PHOTOGRAPH. >> IT SHOWS -- THE FRONT OF THE

HOUSE. >> THAT'S THE BACK OF THE

HOUSE. >> THE SIDE OF THE HOUSE AND

THE -- (INDISCERNIBLE) -- >> AND C AND D, THEY SHOW -- THEY NEEDED DEMOLITION PERMIT FOR THEIR -- FOR THE -- (INDISCERNIBLE) -- THEY HAVE BEEN THERE. YOU CAN SEE THE WIRES HANGING OVER THERE. THEY NEED TO HAVE AN ELECTRIC PERMIT FOR THAT. TO REMOVE ALL THE -- ALL THE OTHER PICTURES OF THE ELECTRIC. AND THEY -- THE PICTURE C, THEY SHOW THE ELECTRIC WIRES AND THE -- IN THE CEILING. IN THE PRE-V,

>> THIS SHOWS THE FRONT OF THE HOUSE. I'M GOING TO LEAVE THIS OPEN. AND -- K, THEY SHOW

BASIC SYSTEM. >>.

>> FOR ELECTRICIAN AND THE PICTURES LETTER AMD, THEY SHOW THE SEWERS AS WORKING AND THEY WERE FIXING WHAT WAS NOT PLUMBING IN THERE. FROM THE WATER SERVICE WAS -- THEY TOOK IT OUT. SO, THEY NEED TO GET A PERMIT IN THE BACK OF THE HOUSE, THEY REMOVE THE AIR CONDITIONING. THEY LEAVE ONLY THE PIPES THEY REMOVE ALL THE OTHER PARTS.

>> QUICKLY MR. ESPINOZA. >> HALF OF THIS IS INCORRECT.

I UNDERSTAND WHAT HE'S TALKING ABOUT THE YELLOW WIRES. WE DID PUT IN YELLOW WIRES IN THERE.

WE HAD JUST RIPPED THE HOUSE DOWN TO ANYTHING. AND AS FAR AS THE PLUMBING IS CONCERNED, THE PLUMBING WAS ROTTED. IT FELL OUT. ONCE WE CLEANED EVERYTHING OUT. IT'S SO RUSTED OUT. IN PERMITTING -- THIS IS THE SIX HOUSES THAT WERE REHABBING WE HAVE TO CLEAN OUT

[00:45:13]

THAT STAFF AND REPLACE IT. I WOULDN'T EVEN TRY TO REPAIR THE STUFF THAT HE'S TALKING ABOUT.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT HE'S TALKING ABOUT. I'VE BEEN ON THIS STREET FOR 10 YEARS. THIS HOUSE HAS BEEN OCCUPIED BY A SQUATTER FOR 10 YEARS WITH NO ELECTRICITY, NO WATER, NO NOTHING. WE DIDN'T TRY PUTTING IN PLUMBING OR ANY ELECTRIC AND I GET IT. I WASN'T THE ONLY PERSON ON THIS HOUSE THAT ONE I'M GOING TO DO IT, GOING TO DO IT RIGHT. THAT'S WHY WE HAVE THE ELECTRICIAN AND DOING IT RIGHT IN THE PLUMBER AND THE ROOFER AND EVERYTHING ELSE.

THAT'S INCORRECT THAT WHAT HE SAID THAT WE TRY TO FIX THIS AND WE DO THAT. THAT'S THE ONLY THING THAT I DID NICE WORK ON THE SOURCE, THAT'S THE ONLY THING THAT I DID WITHOUT A PERMIT. AND I DID THAT THINKING THAT WAS OKAY.

>> ON THE ASK YOU THIS. YOU HAVE THE ELECTRICAL. YOU HAVE PERMITS FOR THOSE, TOO?

>> THE PAST INSPECTION DONE. AN EXCUSE ME, THE ELECTRICIANS OUT THERE. YOU CAN'T WORK UNTIL YOU GET THE PERMIT. IT'S THAT SIMPLE.

>> IT'S NOT I GET THE PERMIT THING. I GOT IT. BECAUSE I THOUGHT I WAS SAVING A BUNCH OF MONEY. AS IT TURNS OUT WERE NOT SAVING MONEY ANYWAY. I WANTED TO CLEAN THE PLACE OUT AND SEE WHAT I HAD TO WORK WITH. HE GOT UP BEFORE I COULD GET ANYTHING. MY HEARTHOUSE IT'S RIGHT OUT THERE FROM LINKIN PARK. NOT HIDING. HE TRIED TO SHUT IT DOWN. LINCOLN

PARK. >> ME ASK YOU THIS. THERE IS A

ROOF NOW OVER THE PROPERTY? >> YES.

>> AND YOU HAVE ELECTRICAL. >> MORE ELECTRIC.

>> NOW WHAT WOULD BE THE NEXT STEP? I JUST STARTED -- I CALLED FITZPATRICK PLUMBING YESTERDAY. YOU'RE GIVING ME AN ESTIMATE BECAUSE THE ELECTRIC IS ALMOST DONE. I WANT DONE TO COME IN AS SOON AS THE ELECTRIC IS DONE. MR. -- FITZPATRICK AT THE PERMIT. I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH GETTING THE PERMITS. THIS IS NOT MY FIRST RODEO. THIS IS MY SIXTH HOUSE THAT THEM RENOVATING. JUST TO LET YOU KNOW HERE I DON'T WANT TO HEAR A PHONE CALL IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT BECAUSE IT'S ALWAYS ON SUNDAY THAT THIS IS NOT WORKING. THE REASON WE DO EVERYTHING TO CODE AND THE REASON WE DO EVERYTHING LIKE THIS THE LIGHTS FLICKER AND THE POWER WENT OUT. I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH DOING IT RIGHT, MA'AM.

>> DO YOU HAVE BEEN DISSIPATED DATE FOR THE COMPLETION OF THE REPAIRS.

>> MA'AM, SINCE MEMORIAL DAY 2021. I'M ONLY DOING THIS JUDGMENT I GET MONEY, BY THE HOUSE UNTIL IT BROKE. THEN I'VE GOT TO SAVE MONEY, DO LITTLE BIT. FORTUNATELY BEEN ABLE TO WORK AS MY REGULAR JOB SO WERE ABLE TO GO FASTER. MY AIM IS TO TRY TO GET IT.

BECAUSE ONCE I HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO FINISH THE ELECTRIC, AND DON'T HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO DO THE PLUMBING. AND THEN I PROBABLY HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO GET THE DRYWALL IN STUFF LIKE THAT DONE. AS YOU GET CLOSER TO THE END BECAUSE SHE WILL REALLY. I'M NOT A RICH MAN. I AM HOUSE RICH, BUT CASH POOR. I DO WHAT I CAN WITH WHAT I HAVE.

MY GOAL IS MEMORIAL DAY 2021, MA'AM.

>>SPECIAL MAGISTRATE: OKAY. >> SPECIAL MAGISTRATE MR. ESPINOZA, THE WORK THAT YOU'RE DESCRIBING IS CLEANING UP, IS TECHNICALLY INTERIOR DEMOLITION, THE REMOVAL OF DRYWALL, IF THERE IS INSULATION IN THE WALLS, I UNDERSTAND THE POOR CONDITION OF THE PLUMBING. BUT THE REMOVAL OF WALLS IS INTERIOR DEMOLITION AND THAT WAR CAN ONLY BE DONE IF YOU HAVE INTERIOR DEMOLITION PERMIT OR IF YOU HAVE A RESIDENTIAL REPAIR PERMIT WHICH INCLUDES THE REMOVAL AND REPLACEMENT OF DRYWALL. SO TO BRING THIS MATTER INTO COMPLIANCE I UNDERSTAND YOU HAVE YOUR ROOF PERMIT. YOU HAVE YOUR ELECTRICAL PERMIT. TO BRING THIS PROPERTY INTO HABITABLE SPACE, YOU OBVIOUSLY, NEED TO

[00:50:01]

REPLACE WALLS, DO PLUMBING. I UNDERSTAND YOU WANT TO FACE THE WORKOUT SO THAT MONEY ALLOWS. SO IT'S NOT -- I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THAT YOU GET A RESIDENTIAL REPAIR PERMIT BECAUSE SHALL BE TIED TO THE TIMEFRAME TO DO ALL THAT WORK AT ONCE. WHAT YOU CAN DO INSTEAD IS YOU CAN GET AN INTERIOR DEMOLITION PERMIT WHICH WOULD ALLOW YOU TO LEGITIMIZE WORK THAT YOU HAVE ALREADY DONE WHICH WOULD CLOSE OUT THIS CASE. THEN YOU CAN OBTAIN PERMITS AS YOU WORK FOR THE WORK THAT YOU WANT TO DO X I WAS UNDER THE IMPRESSION THAT BECAUSE I DO NOT LIVE THERE THAT I CAN'T GET A PERMIT.

>> THAT'S CORRECT. YOU WOULD NEED A GENERAL CONTRACTING FOR RESIDENTIAL CONTRACTOR TO OBTAIN THE INTERIOR DEMOLITION PERMIT BUT WHAT WE DO FROM THERE. I'M NOT LYING. I KNOW -- I DID NOT THINK I WAS DOING WRONG.

>> MR. ESPINOZA, I'M WITH YOU. HE'S GOING TO TRY TO LEAD YOU THROUGH THIS.

>> I HEAR YOU. >> SO THE DAMAGES DONE BUT THE WORK WAS COMPLETED WITHOUT A PERMIT. TO CURE THAT, YOU NEED A PERMIT. THE QUICKEST ROUTE TO CLOSE THIS CASE WOULD BE AN INTERIOR DEMOLITION PERMIT. THAT WAY YOU CAN COME BACK IN THE FUTURE FOR PLUMBING WORK, DRYWALL WORK AND WHATNOT. IF YOU ARE PREPARED TO DO THAT WORK, YOU COULD HAVE YOUR CONTRACT APPLY FOR THE RESIDENTIAL PERMIT WHICH WOULD INCLUDE THE INTERIOR DEMOLITION THAT IS ALREADY BEEN DONE.

>> I JUST -- I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT HE SAME.

>>SPECIAL MAGISTRATE: OKAY. I THINK YOU ARE HEADING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION. WHAT YOU NEED, THOUGH, IS TO GET A PERMIT THAT WILL ALLOW YOU TO CONTINUE WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND I THINK YOU CAN BE ON TRACK WITH YOUR PROJECTED COMPLETION DATE. SO HERE IS WHAT I WILL DO. I'M GOING TO CONTINUE THIS FOR 30 DAYS TO ALLOW YOU TIME TO FIND EITHER THE RESIDENTIAL REPAIR THE INTERIOR DEMOLITION PERMIT. OKAY? WHAT I ALSO SUGGEST THAT YOU DO IS TALK WITH THE BUILDING CODE REPRESENTATIVES AND FIND OUT, SIT DOWN SO YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHICH OF THE TWO CHOICES THAT YOU HAVE, AND I WILL JUST CONTINUE IT FOR 30 DAYS FOR YOU TO DO THAT AND I WISH YOU LUCK. IF NOT, YOU WILL BE BACK BEFORE ME.

>> OKAY. JUST TO CLARIFY, I PHAD A CONTRACTOR TO PULL A DESPERATE WHAT IS IT? ALL DONE. I'M GOING TO CONTINUE THIS FOR 30 DAYS YOU CAN TALK ABOUT IN THE HALLWAY BECAUSE I HAVE OTHER CASES I HAVE TO CALL. THAT'S FINE.

>> THAT'S WHAT I'M TRYING TO DO.

>> I APPRECIATE THAT. >> WE WILL SEE WHERE WE ARE IN 30 DAYS. STAY IN TOUCH WITH THE BUILDING DEPARTMENT. THANK YOU. BUT TO TALK TO THE REPRESENTATIVES FROM BUILDING SO WE WILL BE ON THE RIGHT TRACK.

[B. 20-111 315 N 13th Street Maria Prows LLC Cris Bossano]

NEXT CASE? >> THE NEXT CASE IS 5B. IT WAS RECALLED FROM LAST MONTH. CASE NUMBER 20 ã111, 315 NORTH 13TH STREET MARIA PROUST LLC IS THE

OWNER. >> SPECIAL MAGISTRATE, THIS IS A CASE WHERE THERE IS NO PARTY PRESENT. THIS CASE WAS AGILE LAST MONTH. IT'S BEING BROUGHT BACK BEFORE YOU THIS MONTH AS A REQUEST TO FIND AN ORDER DETERMINING VALUATION. WE BELIEVE THE CITY ATTORNEY WILL ASK QUESTIONS IN THIS CASE.

>> YOU HAVE PREVIOUSLY SWORN, CORRECT?

>> I WAS. >> OKAY. THIS IS CASE NUMBER 20- 111. WERE YOU SIGNED TO INVESTIGATE THE CASE?

>> YES. >> WAS THE CASE INITIATED ON JANUARY111. WERE YOU SIGNED TO INVESTIGATE THE CASE?

>> YES. >> WAS THE CASE INITIATED ON

JANUARY 15, 2020? >> OKAY. AND THE VIOLATIONS THAT ARE PRINTED ON THIS MORNING'S AGENDA AND REFLECTED ON THE SCREEN, ARE THOSE STILL

CORRECT? >> THEY CALL ME A COUPLE OF

WEEKS AGO. >> SO THE VIOLATIONS AS PRINTED, OR THEY PRINTED CORRECTLY?

>> YES. >> THERE HAVE BEEN NO CHANGES TO THE STATUS OF THE PROPERTY, CORRECT?

>> THE CORRECTIVE ACTIONS, ARE THEY THE SAME AS WELL?

>> YES THAT'S OKAY. SPECIAL MAGISTRATE, AT THIS TIME WOULD LIKE TO MOVE INTO EVIDENCE ANY

[00:55:06]

PHOTOS THAT THEY HAVE THE CITY'S COMPOSITE 1. IN THE CITY WOULD LIKE YOU TO FOLLOW THE RECOMMENDATIONS AS PRINTED ON THE AGENDA FOR THIS MORNING.

>> THANK YOU. ANYTHING FURTHER? NO. IT ACCURATELY DEPICTS THE PROPERTY. THE

PHOTOS WERE TAKEN. >> AND I WILL NOTE FOR THE RECORD THAT THE RESPONDENT WAS NOT PRESENT THIS MORNING.

>> THANK YOU. >> ALL RIGHT. THIS WILL BE ADMITTED AS CITIES COMPOSITE 1. BASED ON THE EVIDENCE AND TESTIMONY PRESENTED I FIND THAT THE VIOLATION EXISTS. THE RESPONDENT IS NOT PRESENT, BUT HE WAS PROVIDED NOTICE, BUT FAILED TO APPEAR IN THIS IS THE SECOND TIME. HE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE VIOLATION. HE HAS UNTIL 60 DAYS TO PULL THE NECESSARY PERMITS, OBTAIN APPROVAL FOR ALL INSPECTIONS COMPLY WITH ALL OTHER PERMITS AND CONDITIONS IF NOT, THEY WILL BE ASSESSED A FINE OF $100 PER DAY. HE HAS 30 DAYS TO APPEAL MY DECISION. THANK YOU.

[E. 20-306 610 N 23rd St Castor, Simon Cris Bossano]

>> THE NEXT CASES 5 A 20 ã306. ADDRESS 610 NORTH 23RD STREET SIMON CASTOR IS THE OWNER.

>> THIS IS A RECALL FROM LAST TIME.

>> YES. >> OKAY. AND MR. CASTOR FAILED

TO APPEAR AT THE LAST HEARING. >> OKAY. SO AT THIS TIME I WOULD LIKE TO INQUIRE WERE YOU ASSIGNED THE CASE OF 20-ã306.

>> YES. >> IT WAS THAT CASE INITIATED

AND GENERALLY 27 2020. >> AS QUICKLY VIOLATIONS THAT ARE PRINTED ON THE AGENDA THIS MORNING AND REFLECTED ON THE SCREEN, THEY STILL THE CORRECT VIOLATION THAT APPLIES TO THIS PROPERTY?

>> YES. >> OKAY. IN THE CORRECTIVE ACTION NOTED, THEY STILL THE CORRECTIVE ACTIONS THAT YOU ARE RECOMMENDING THIS MORNING?

>> YES. THE SAME. OBTAIN PERMIT FOR THE TWO ADDITIONS THAT WERE BUILT WITHOUT NO

PERMIT. >> DO YOU HAVE PHOTOGRAPHS OF

THE UNPERMITTED WORK HE. >> YES.

>> OKAY. OUR -- TODAY FAIRLY AND ACCURATELY DEPICT WHAT YOU SAW? WE WILL DM -- REMOVED

THEM IN AS CITIES COMPOSITE 1. >> THE CITY WOULD ASK THAT YOU FOLLOW THE RECOMMENDATION IS PRINTED ON THIS MORNING'S AGENDA AND AS REQUESTED ON THE

SCREEN. >> THANK YOU. THERE BEING NO ONE HERE, IF A REPRESENTATIVE ON HIS BEHALF I FIND THAT A VIOLATION EXISTENT SIMON CASTOR IS THE PARTY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE VIOLATION. I WILL GIVE HIM 60 DAYS TO OBTAIN A PERMIT, OBTAIN APPROVAL FOR ALL INSPECTIONS AT LEAST EVERY 180 DAYS UNTIL THE PERMIT HAS BEEN CLOSED. COMPLY WITH OTHER PERMIT CONDITIONS AND/OR OTHER VIOLATIONS DESCRIBED IN THE ORDER WHILE -- OR A FINE OF $100 A DAY BE ASSESSED. AND HE HAS 30 DAYS TO APPEAL. THANK

YOU. >> THE NEXT CASES 5 G 20 ã325

[G. 20-325 310 N 28th Street Zeev, Ofer Cris Bossano]

ADDRESS THREE 310 NORTH 20TH STREET.

>> THIS IS A RECALL FROM THE LAST HEARING?

>> IT WAS RECALLED FROM AUGUST. >> WAS A PREVIOUS FAILURE TO

APPEAR. >> YES, MA'AM.

>> OKAY. NOTING THAT NO ONE IS PRESENT I WILL QUESTION THE WITNESS. WERE YOU ASSIGNED TO

CASE NUMBER 20-3 ã25. >> YES.

>> WAS A CASE INITIATED ON JANUARY 31, 2020.

>> IN THE VIOLATIONS THAT WERE PRINTED ON THIS MORNING'S AGENDA AND REFLECTED ON THE SCREEN, ARE THEY THE NEXT -- CORRECT VIOLATIONS?

>> YES. >> THERE HAS BEEN NO CHANGE IN THE PROPERTY? IN THE CORRECTIVE ACTIONS THAT ARE LISTED ON THE AGENDA PRINTED ON THE SCREEN, ARE THEY STILL THE CORRECTIVE MEASURES THAT YOU ARE RECOMMENDING?

>> YES. >> DID YOU TAKE ANY PHOTOGRAPHS ? DO THEY FAIRLY AND ACCURATELY DEPICT WHAT YOU SAW?

>> AT THIS TIME REMOVE THE PHOTOGRAPHS AND AS CITY'S COMPOSITE 1.

>> IT WILL BE MOVED IN AS CITY'S COMPOSITE 1.

>> AT THIS TIME THE CITY AS THAT SPECIAL MAGISTRATE FOLLOW THE RECOMMENDATIONS.

[01:00:03]

>> THANK YOU. I FIND THAT THE OWNER OF THE PROPERTY WAS PROVIDED NOTICE FOR TODAY'S HEARING AND ALSO THE HEARING LAST MONTH AS WELL. I WILL ORDER THAT HE BE GIVEN 60 DAYS TO ATTORNEY PERMIT. OBTAIN APPROVAL FOR ALL REQUIRED INSPECTIONS AT LEAST 180 DAYS UNTIL THE PERMIT HAS BEEN CLOSED COMPLY WITH ALL OTHER CONDITIONS AND HER OTHER RELATIONS DESCRIBED IN THE ORDER NOT REQUIRING A PERMIT OR A FINE OF $100 DAY BE ASSESSED.

HE HAS 30 DAYS TO APPEAL. NEXT CASE?

>> THE NEXT CASES RECALL FROM AUGUST. CASE NUMBER 20-523202 HIALEAH AVENUE. ONE CRUISE

ROBLES IS THE OWNER. >> NOTING THAT HE DID NOT APPEAR TO BE PRESENT THIS MORNING I WILL QUESTION THE WITNESS. YOU ASSIGNED TO CASE

NUMBER 20-523? >>.

>> IT'S OKAY. DO YOU NEED A SECOND TO LOCATE YOUR FILE?

>> SPECIAL MAGISTRATE, CAN WE PASS THIS CASE AND MOVE ONTO THE NEXT ONE?

>> YES. >> OKAY.

[H. 20-385 610 N US Highway 1 Seaway Plaza Investment LLC Ed Smith]

>> OKAY. THE NEXT CASE? 5H 20-3856 10 NORTH HIGHWAY US ONE SEAWAY PLUS INVESTMENT LLC IS

THE OWNER. >> AND I BELIEVE THIS IS MR.

SMITH'S CASE ACCESS. >> GOOD MORNING.

>> GOOD MORNING. HOW ARE YOU. >>.

>> GOOD MORNING. >> GOOD MORNING MR. SMITH.

>> TODAY WE HAVE CASE NUMBER 20 20 3856 10 NORTH U.S. HIGHWAY ONE. SEAWAY PLAZA INVESTMENT LLC, CASE INITIATED MURRAY SIX, 2020. THE OWNER IS SEAWAY PLAZA INVESTMENTS LLC, 626 OLD DIXIE HIGHWAY SOUTHWEST. 32. 329. 3292. REGISTERED AGENT BRYANT AND ASSOCIATES PA, TO SOUTH BISCAYNE BOULEVARD, SUITE 26 2680 MIAMI FLORIDA 33103. THE VIOLATION IS SECTION 5 ã 1.105.1 PERMIT REQUIRED. OBTAIN PERMITS FOR CONSTRUCTING WALLS, INSTALLING DRYWALL AND ELECTRICAL WORK. WHEN I WENT INTO THE UNIT, I DID FIND THAT THERE HAD BEEN SOME -- SOME WALLS THAT WERE BUILT AND THEY DID THE DRYWALL AROUND. I COULD TELL THAT THERE WAS DRYWALL BEING DONE WAS BECAUSE THE PANEL WAS RECESSED INTO THE WALL. IT WOULD NEVER BE APPROVED LIKE THAT UNDER ANY TYPE OF INSPECTION. SO THAT LETS ME LOWKNOW THAT THERE WAS UNPERMITTED WORK. AND ALSO, THERE WAS AN EXCEPTIONAL AMOUNT OF RECEPTACLES INSIDE THE UNIT, YOU KNOW, MORE THAN THE NORMAL

[01:05:05]

AMOUNT. SO I KNOW THAT THERE WAS SOME ADDED RECEPTACLES IN THERE. BUT WHEN I LOOKED UP THE PROPERTY, THERE WAS NO CURRENT OR PRESENT RENOVATION PERMIT THAT WAS DONE ON THE PROPERTY. AND ALSO, THERE WAS A BACK CLOSET WALL THAT SEEMED TO BE PUT UP WITH THE BOARD.

IT LOOKS -- AND THERE WERE TWO DOORS THAT SEPARATED THE UNIT. I'M NOT SURE WHEN THAT WAS DONE . BASED ON WHAT I SAW THERE WAS A LOT OF WORK THAT WAS BEING DONE THERE. IT WAS PREVIOUSLY A HAIR SALON BUT OF COURSE IT WAS NO SIGNS OF HAIR SALON THERE.

SO THEY EITHER COVERED UP SOME PLUMBING PIPE -- I AM NOT SURE. SOMEBODY, A MATTER FACT, THERE WAS ONE WALL NEXT TO THE PANEL THAT I BELIEVE THE PLUMBING WAS IN, BUT I DID NOT GET THE PICTURE. FOR THE MOST PART I NOTEDNOTICE THAT THE DRYWALL AND ELECTRICAL WORK HAD BEEN

DONE. >> CAN YOU SHOW THEM TO THE

RESPONDENT, PLEASE, QUICKLY? >>.

>> THANK YOU. >> IN THE PHOTOS FAIRLY AND ACCURATELY DEPICT WHAT YOU SAW? WHAT EXISTS.

>> WE WILL MOVE THEM IN AS CITY'S COMPOSITE 1.

>> THEY WILL BE ADMITTED. >> CAN YOU TALK ABOUT YOUR

ELECTRICAL WORK, PLEASE? >> THEY HAD A LOT OF DOUBLE

PLUGS IN THE -- >> IF WE COULD JUST GO THROUGH THE PICTURES PLEASE IDENTIFY THE PICTURE AND THE WORK THAT YOU ARE DESCRIBING?

>>. >> ON A THEY LOOK LIKE THEY CHANGE THE OUTLETS IN THAT IT LOOKS LIKE THEY ALSO CHANGED THE MODERATING FOR THE DEVIL PLUG THERE BECAUSE MOST OF THE TIME IT'S ONLY A SINGLE PLUG. AND A LOT OF THE PLUGS AND THERE ARE NOW DOUBLE PLUGS. SO THEY ALTERED THOSE PROLONGS. ALSO, IN THE PANEL, IT LOOK LIKE THERE WERE TWO NEW BREAKERS THAT WERE IN THERE THAT WAS INSTALLED. IT LOOK TOTALLY DIFFERENT DONE. THE OLD RUSTED BREAKERS. THEY LOOK LIKE THEY CHANGED SOMETHING INSIDE THE PANEL. I NOTICE ON C, I NOTICED THAT THIS DOOR ENTERING INTO THE BACK. IT LOOKED LIKE THAT WAS DONE PRIOR -- IT LOOKS LIKE IT WAS DONE WITHOUT A PERMIT. AND THEN THERE IS ALSO A LOT OF RECEPTACLES BEHIND THESE -- FURNITURE AND STUFF ãWHICH I COULD NOT GET BECAUSE OF COURSE, IT WAS FURNITURE ALL IN THERE. BUT IN V, THIS PICTURE OF THIS WALL WITH THE LITTLE TRUST RIGHT HERE IT LOOKS LIKE THE ACTUALLY -- THAT IS ALL NEW DRYWALL. AND THAT'S RIGHT THERE. AND IN THIS LITTLE ADVENTURE PARK -- INDENTURE PART, WHERE THEY CLOSED OFF -- THEY SEPARATED -- IT WAS BEHIND THE DOOR. IT LOOKS LIKE THAT WALL IS NEW.

ALSO, AND D -- I MEENIE E, PICTURE E, THEY RAISED OUT THE WALL, WHICH I DON'T KNOW WHY THEY DID THAT. THEY RAISED OUT THE WALL AT LEAST ABOUT -- HALF-INCH OR MAYBE AN INCH, ONE INCH OUT. THEY RAISED IT OUT AND IT CAUSE THE PANEL TO BE RECESSED IN. MAYBE THEY WERE TRYING TO COVER UP A NEW PIPE THAT HAD BEEN INSTALLED, WHICH YOU CAN SEE COMING OUT OF THE TOP OF THE ELECTRICAL PANEL, THAT THERE IS A -- A PIPE THAT USE FROM ONE WALL TO THE OTHER.

I BELIEVE THAT'S WHAT THEY WERE TRYING TO CONCEAL WHEN THEY RAISED THE WALL OUT.

AND THEN THERE WAS A WALL INTO THE BATHROOM AREA. THIS LITTLE OFFSET WALL HERE ARE --

[01:10:02]

ACTUALLY, I'M NOT SURE WHAT THIS F PICTURE DEPICTS. SO I'M NOT SURE WHAT I WAS LOOKING AT FOR THAT BUT I BELIEVE THAT IT WAS SOMETHING -- THE PICTURE IS NOT DEPICTING IT.

SO WE CAN EXCLUDE F. I WILL STICK WITH THESE EXHIBITS.

>> IS OKAY IF THE WITNESS DOES WANT TO TESTIFY ABOUT YOU CAN JUST REGARD ANY TESTIMONY ABOUT

F. >> ANYTHING FURTHER, MR. SMITH?

>> THE CORRECTIVE ACTIONS. >> YOU MIND IF I MOVE THEM -- F WAS NOT ADMITTED. FOR EVIDENTIARY PURPOSES.

>> GO AHEAD. >> THE CORRECTIVE ACTION IS TOO OBTAINING PERMANENT INSTALLING DRYWALL AND ELECTRICAL WORK. THE CITY REQUEST THAT IF THE SPECIAL MAGISTRATE COGNITIVE VIOLATIONS EXIST THE POWDER BE GIVEN 60 DAYS TO OBTAIN A PERMIT, APPROVAL FOR INSPECTIONS AT LEAST EVERY 180 DAYS UNTIL THE PERMIT HAS BEEN CLOSED, COMPLY WITH PERMIT CONDITIONS AND CURE ALL OTHER VIOLATIONS DESCRIBED IN THIS ORDER NOT REQUIRING A PERMIT OR A FINE OF $100 BE ASSESSED -- $100 PER DAY BE ASSESSED.

>> OKAY. ANYTHING FURTHER? >> ALL RIGHT. WOULD YOU STATE

YOUR NAME FOR THE RECORD. >> IS JESSICA KENDRICK AND I WORK FOR CHARLES AVON SIGN INC. WHICH IS THE COMPANY THAT MANAGES SEAWAY PLAZA INVESTMENTS ON U.S. HIGHWAY ONE.

WE HAVE FILED FOR A PERMIT ALREADY. WE HAVE PERMIT NUMBER 20 ã2993, SUBMITTED IN ALREADY TO THE CITY. AND WE ALSO HAVE -- I HAVE A COPY OF THE LEASE IMPROVEMENTS THAT WE DID MAKE UP THE UNIT WHICH DIDN'T INCLUDE ANY TYPE OF ELECTRICAL. THIS BUILDING HAS SAT FOR QUITE SOME TIME AND THERE HAVE BEEN A LOT OF THINGS THAT ARE EXTREMELY OUT OF CODE UNFORTUNATELY. WHEN WE TOOK OVER THIS PLAZA. WE DID NOT VIOLATE BORDER PERMIT. WE DID NOT BUILD ANY OTHER WALLS IN THE UNIT. SO IF THERE WAS -- THEY HAD MADE THE IMPROVEMENT PRIOR TO US TAKING OVER THE PARTICULAR BUILDING. WE INSTALLED A NEW TOILET. A KITCHENETTE FOR THEM. WE DID A TENT ON THE FRONT WINDOWS. WE AGREED TO PAINT AND PATCH THE WALLS AS NEEDED BECAUSE THERE WERE HOLES INSTALLED FINAL PLANKING IN THE BATHROOM AND INSTALLED -- THAT IS HEARING THE EXECUTED LEASE SIGNED WITH THE TENANT THAT WAS OCCUPYING

THAT UNIT AT THAT TIME. >> AND THEN I ALSO HAVE A DEPICTED -- THING SHOWING WHICH WALLS WERE REMOVED FROM THAT PARTICULAR SUITE.

>> ANYTHING FURTHER? WE ASK ANYTHING FURTHER NO, MA'AM.

>> YOU STATED. >> AS FAR AS I KNOW I HAVE THE PERMIT NUMBER AND THE AMOUNT PAID OF 506 25.

>> I BELIEVE IT WAS SUBMITTED ON FRIDAY BUT WE GOT THE NUMBER YESTERDAY, MA'AM.

>> DO YOU SHOW THAT IN YOUR RECORDS.

>> SPECIAL MAGISTRATE, THEY HAVE IN OBTAINED A INTERIOR PERMIT BUT THAT DOES NOT COVER THE SCOPE OF WORK FOR INSTALLING NEW WALLS OR PREVIOUS ELECTRICAL WORK. I BELIEVE -- YOU CAN CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG, I BELIEVE THE PROPERTY WAS PURCHASED RECENTLY

OR UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT. >> CORRECT. IT HAS BEEN RECENTLY -- WE RECENTLY TOOK OVER THEY -- THE PROPERTY. THEY HAVE BEEN SITTING FOR QUITE SOME TIME NOT UP TO CODE UNFORTUNATELY.

>> SPECIAL MAGISTRATE, STAFF IS NOT ARGUING THAT THE RESPONDENT IS ONE THAT DID THIS WORK BUT THE PROPERTY HAVE BEEN PURCHASED THAT WAY AS A MATTER OF CAVEAT EMPTOR THAT PERMITTED

WORK WAS DONE. >> RIGHT.

[01:15:03]

>> YOU AWARE OF THE PROBLEMS THAT MR. SWIFT HAD BROUGHT UP WITH THE PROPERTY?

>> NO. NONE OF THAT WORK WAS COMPLETED ON AROUND.

>> LET ME DO THIS, >> MEET SYMPTOMS TO BRING IT INTO COMPLIANCE. GOING TO CONTINUE THIS FOR 30 DAYS TO ALLOW YOU TO GET WITH JEFF AND

SEE WHAT PERMITS YOU NEED. >> AS YOU STATED CAVEAT EMPTOR, LET THE BUYER BEWARE. THE PROBLEM GOES WITH THE PROPERTY AND SO YOU INHERITED THIS STEPCHILD. STEPCHILDREN ARE WONDERFUL, THOUGH. LET'S USE ANOTHER ANALOGY. BUT ANYWAY, I'LL GIVE YOU 30 DAYS SO YOU CAN GET WITH THEM AND SEE WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE BECAUSE IT LOOKS LIKE YOU'RE TRYING TO BE DONE.

>> BE SURE IT GETS WITH THE CITY.

>> SO I HAD MY GENERAL CONTRACTOR WHO WORKED WITH SO -- YOU PERSONALLY? WHAT YOU

CAN CONTACT ME DIRECTLY. >> YOU.

>> THANK YOU. >> GOOD LUCK.

>> THANK YOU. >> WE'RE GOING 225I, THE

[I. 20-523 202 Hialeah Ave Cruz-Robles, Juan Cris Bossano]

RECALLED CASE FROM AUGUST WITH INSPECTOR FASANO. CASE NUMBER 20-523202 HIGHLY AVENUE, CHRIS

ROBLES IS THE OWNER. >> LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU ARE

READY (LAUGHING). >> YOU HAD A BUSY MORNING YOUR

BOLZANO. >> OKAY. I WILL NOTE AGAIN SINCE THIS CASE WAS RECALLED THAT MR. ROBLES DID NOT APPEAR. AND WERE YOU ASSIGNED TO CASE

NUMBER 20-523? >> YES.

>> WAS THAT CASE INITIATED ON FEBRUARY 20, 2020?

>> YES. OKAY. AND THE VIOLATION THAT ARE PRINTED ON THE AGENDA AND SHOWN ON THE SCREEN THIS MORNING, BUT THOSE STILL THE CORRECT VIOLATIONS THAT APPLIED TO THE PROPERTY?

>> YES. >> AND THE CORRECTIVE ACTIONS THAT ARE LISTED AND DISPLAYED ON THE SCREEN ARE THOSE THE CORRECTIVE ACTIONS THAT YOU ARE

RECOMMENDING? >> YES.

>> DID YOU TAKE ANY PHOTOGRAPHS.

>> DO THEY FAIRLY AND ACCURATELY DEPICT WHAT YOU SAW.

>> OKAY. AT THIS TIME WE WOULD MOVE THE PHOTOGRAPHS IN A CITIES COMPOSITE ONE.

>> IT WILL BE ADMITTED. >> THANK YOU. QUICK SPECIAL MAGISTRATE THE CITY REQUEST THAT SHE WOULD FOLLOW THE RECOMMENDATIONS -- I CAN TALK

THIS MORNING. >> AS THEY ARE LISTED ON THE

AGENDA. >> OKAY. ANYTHING FURTHER?

>> NOTHING FOR ME MA'AM. >> I FIND THAT MR. ROBLES IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE COLLISION. HE IS NOT PRESENT AFTER BEING NOTIFIED TO BE HERE. I WILL GIVE HIM 60 DAYS TO OBTAIN A PERMIT, OBTAIN APPROVAL FOR ALL REQUIRED INSPECTIONS AT LEAST EVERY 180 DAYS UNTIL THE PERMIT HAS BEEN CLOSED, COMPLY WITH ALL OTHER CONDITIONS AND CURE ALL THE VIOLATIONS DESCRIBED IN THE ORDER NOT REQUIRING A PERMIT OR A FINE OF $100 PER DAY BE ASSESSED. HE HAS 30 DAYS TO APPEAL.

>> NEXT CASE. >> OKAY. THE NEXT CASE IS 5R,

[R. 20-820 1310 Wyoming Avenue O'Connor, Douglas Frank Remling]

CASE 20 ã820, 13-10 WYOMING AVENUE DOUGLAS O'CONNOR IS THE OWNER.

>> GOOD AFTERNOON -- MY NAME IS DOUGLAS O'CONNOR.

>> GOOD MORNING. >> GOOD MORNING.

>> ABOLISHES. >> HOLLAND. I HAVE TO LET THE

CITY PRESENT ITS CASE FIRST. >> (LAUGHING) GOOD MORNING.

>> ALL RIGHT. YOU MAY PROCEED.

>> THE CASE NUMBER IS 20 ãã 820-1310, WYOMING AVENUE. THE CASE INITIATED MARCH 23ã 820-1310, WYOMING AVENUE. THE CASE INITIATED MARCH 23, 2020. THE OWNER IS DOUGLAS O'CONNOR.

1310 WYOMING AVENUE FORT PIERCE FLORIDA,. THE VIOLATION IS SECTION SECTION 5-1105.1, PERMIT REQUIRED. AND THE CORRECTIVE ACTIONS ARE TO OBTAIN A PERMIT INSTALLATION OF

[01:20:02]

WINDOW STORES AND A DECK. I DO HAVE SOME PICTURES THAT

WERE TAKEN. >> CAN YOU SHOW THEM TO MR.

O'CONNOR PLEASE. >> YES.

>>. >> ARE YOU FREE?

>> THANKS, FRANK. >> THANK YOU.

>> AT THIS TIME WE WOULD MOVE THE PHOTOS AND IS CITY'S COMPOSITE 1.

>> THEY WILL BE ADMITTED. >> AND THE PHOTOS EARLY AND ACCURATELY DEPICT WHAT YOU SOW, CORRECT?

>> YES. >> OKAY. THANK YOU.

>> IS OR ANYTHING YOU WANT TO SAY ABOUT THE PICTURES?

>> THAT'S PRETTY MUCH CUT AND DRY. UPON ARRIVAL I STILL HAVE THE SIDING WAS DONE AND YOU CAN SEE THE NEW DECK THAT IS THEY ARE IN HE FRONT DOORS ARE PRETTY -- PRETTY CUT AND DRY

THERE. >> OKAY. THANK YOU.

>> AND MR. O'CONNOR. >> HOW YOU DOING. I'M MY VIOLATIONS AS MY FRIEND -- FRANK SAID WOULD BE CURED BY OBTAINING A PERMIT FOR SIDING, INSTALLATION OF WINDOWS, DOORS AND THEDECK.

AND WITH -- ON SEPTEMBER 11, I APPLIED FOR A PERMIT. I'VE GOT THE PERMIT HERE. I'VE GOT THE PERMIT RECEIPT HERE. AND THE -- THE DECK -- I MEAN, MY PLAN IS TO ABANDON THE DECK.

I CALLED BRUNO -- AN ENGINEER, WAS INSTRUCTED BY A YOUNG LADY TO GET THE DECK SIGNED OFF BY AN ARCHITECT OR ENGINEER. SO I CALLED A COUPLE UP AND THEY ARE OUT OF MY -- $700 -- MY PLAN IS TO ABANDON THE DECK. SO, TO MY KNOWLEDGE, MY PART MINUTES THAT I APPLIED FOR OUR -- IS GOING TO BE THE DOORS, WINDOWS, AND SIDING.

AND WHAT ELSE? AND IS THERE ANY -- ABOUT THE ESTIMATE THE SIZE OF THE DECK AS FAR AS THE HEIGHT? I GUESS THE ANSWER IS YES. IS IT REALLY A DECK? BECAUSE THE LADY AT THE -- OVER HERE, UPSTAIRS, SAID IT IS REALLY NOT A DECK. I SAID OKAY. AND IT'S 30 INCHES HIGH.

IF IT'S 30 INCHES OR LOWER, A PERMIT IS NOT REQUIRED. BUT MAYBE THAT IS BY TOWN BY TOWN BUT THAT IS MY QUESTION. IF I -- BECAUSE I WOULD LIKE TO GET IN THE FRONT DOOR. BUT IF I HAVE TO DESTROY THE DECK TODAY OR WE -- I WILL. BECAUSE I HAVE ANOTHER DOOR BUT I WOULD LIKE TO GO INTO THE FRONT DOOR. SO IN THE FUTURE, I WILL COME BACK AND GET A PERMIT. AND --

>> W DIRECTLY FOR SECOND. >> WHICH PERMITS HAVE YOU

APPLIED FOR? >> FOR THE WINDOWS, DOORS AND

SIDING. >> DO YOU HAVE THAT WITH YOU?

>> YES. >> MR. CAUSE, WERE YOU ABLE TO

PULL THAT UP. >> STAFF WILL STIPULATE THAT WE DO HAVE A PERMIT IN FOR REVIEW CURRENTLY. I CANNOT SEE THE DETAILS AS TO WHAT IT INCLUDES.

WE CAN CHECK ON THAT. THE DECK, HAS -- THE DECK HEIGHT MATTERS OVER TALK ABOUT GUARDRAILS AND HANDRAILS BUT EVEN IF THE DECK WAS MOUNTED ON THE GROUND, IT WOULD REQUIRE A PERMIT. IT WAS STILL REQUIRED SIGNED AND SEALED DRAWINGS.

>> HOBO CONCRETE? >> CONCRETE DOES NOT REQUIRE DRAWINGS. IT WOULD REQUIRE A PERMIT.

>> OKAY. THAT'S PROBABLY THE ROUTE OF HEADING -- OF THE DAY.

>> SO WITH WHAT I AM LOOKING AT HERE -- I'M TALKING ABOUT PHOTO NUMBER EIGHT, THAT WOULD BE

CONSIDERED A DECK? >> YES.

>> WOW. OKAY. >> HOW OLD YOU THINK IT WILL

[01:25:02]

TAKE YOU TO EITHER GET THIS -- THE PROPER PERSON TO DO THE DECK OR JUST TO TAKE IT DOWN?

>> YOU KNOW, IT'S SIMPLER TO DESTROY SOMETHING THAT TO BUILD A BUT WEEK.

>> ANYTHING FURTHER? >> NO, MA'AM.

>> BASED ON THE EVIDENCE AND TESTIMONY PRESENTED, I FIND THAT DOUGLAS O'CONNOR IS RESPONSIBLE FOR NOT HAVING A PERMIT WITH REGARDS TO THE DECK BECAUSE HE HAS APPLIED FOR A PERMIT IN DECIDING INSTALLATION AND WINDOWS AND DOORS.

I WILL DISMISS THOSE PARTICULAR VIOLATIONS. BUT NOW YOU NEED TO UNDERSTAND, I'VE LEARNED THE HARD WAY, YOU NEED A PERMIT FOR EVERYTHING. YOU ARE NOT ALONE.

>> I WILL. I UNDERSTAND FROM NOW ON. SO I'LL GIVE YOU ã MEDICAL GIVE YOU 30 DAYS TO

REMOVE THE DECK. >> WITH REGARDS TO THAT. YOU HAVE 30 DAYS TO REMOVE IT IF NOT, THE CITY WILL BRING THE CAUSE OF ACTION BACK BEFORE ME AND I'LL MAKE A RULING AT THAT TIME. BUT YOU'VE GOT 30 DAYS TO REMOVE THAT. AND YOU HAVE 30 DAYS TO APPEAL MY DECISION SHOULD YOU DESIRE TO DO SO.

>> GOOD LUCK. >> ARE YOU DOING THIS WORK

YOURSELF. >> WELL I'M LEARNING AS MUCH AS

I CAN ABOUT LIFE. >> I UNDERSTAND.

>> I'M JUST GLAD I GOT A PLACE AND PEACE TO EVERYBODY. I'M GOING TO DO MY BEST, JUDGE.

>> THANK YOU VERY MUCH. >> YES.

>> ARE YOU READY? >> THE NEXT CASE WILL BE A CALLING CASE. IT WILL BE 5 A. AND LET ME TRY THIS.

>> IF WE COULD ACTUALLY DO THE CALLING FOR AND NEXT?

>> OKAY. A: FOR ED. >> AND THAT IS.

[C. 20-273 505 N 17th St Realty Analysis LLC Ed Smith]

>> AND WE WILL DO 5 C, 20 ã 273. THIS IS A RECALL CASE FROM AUGUST 5 05 NORTH 17TH STREET, REALTY ANALYSIS LLC AND I WILL BE CALLING MR. THE TO TAKE.

>> HELLO. >> MR. ME TOO?

>> HELLO? >> HELLO.

>> HELLO CAN YOU HEAR US? >> HOW ARE YOU.

>> HI. THIS IS ELIZABETH WITH THE CITY OF FORT PIERCE BILLING DEPARTMENT. YOU ARE IN AUDIO TENSES. THE NEXT PERSON YOU HEAR WILL BE TCIAL MAGISTRATE.

>> OKAY. THANK YOU ELIZABETH. >> GOOD MORNING. I'M THE SPECIAL MAGISTRATE WHO IS PRESIDING OVER THE HEARING.

>> YES. >> WOULD YOU RAISE YOUR RIGHT

HAND AND BE SWORN, PLEASE? >> OKAY.

>> STATE YOUR NAME FOR THE RECORD, PLEASE?

>> EDWARD JOSCLIKE TITE ãBACK TO TAKE BACK A.

>> (WHEREUPON, THE WITNESS WAS BORN. SWORN.).

>> YOU CAN PRESENT YOUR CASE. >> OKAY. THIS CASE WAS -- I DO

HAVE -- >> (MULTIPLE SPEAKERS).

>> HOW YOU DOING? >> VERY GOOD.

>> THIS IS CASE NUMBER 20-273. 505 NORTH 17TH STREET. REALTY ANALYSIS.

[01:30:16]

>> ANALYSIS. >> ANALYSIS, LLC.

>> ANALYSIS. >> THE CASE WAS INITIATED JANUARY 22, 2020. THE OWNER IS REALTY ANALYSIS LLC. 4532 URBAN COURT, ORLANDO FLORIDA, 32810. REGISTERED AGENT IS EDWARD JOSCBACA.

>> ME TO TAKE. >> ME TO TAKE.

>> THE VIOLATION IS SUCTIONED FIVE -1.105.1 PERMIT REQUIRED. OBTAIN PERMITS FOR ALL BUILDING, CORRECTIVE ACTIONS IS TO OBTAIN PERMITS FOR ALL BUILDING, PLUMBING WORK -- BUILDING -- AND PLUMBING WORK THAT WAS DONE WITHOUT PERMIT.

THE RECOMMENDATION IS THAT THE CITY REQUESTS THAT IF THE SPECIAL MAGISTRATE FINDS VIOLATIONS EXIST, THE VIOLATOR WILL BE GIVEN 60 DAYS TO OBTAIN APARTMENT, APPROVAL FOR ALL REQUIRED INSPECTIONS AT LEAST EVERY 180 DAYS UNTIL THE PERMIT HAS BEEN CLOSED. COMPLY WITH ALL OTHER PERMIT CONDITIONS AND FOR ALL OTHER VIOLATIONS DESCRIBED IN THE WATER, NOT REQUIRING A PERMIT OR A FINE OF $100 PER DAY BE ASSESSED.

>> THANK YOU. AND HOW DO YOU RESPOND TO THE ALLEGATIONS?

>>. >> IT IS -- I HAD A VERY HARD TIME BECAUSE WHEN I BOUGHT THE HOUSE, I DID NOT HOW IT HAVE ALL THE SITUATION BECAUSE IT'S MY FIRST TIME BUYING PROPERTY. AND THEN I DIDN'T KNOW HOW.

>> AND SO, I WAS -- I HIRED A GENERAL CONTRACTOR WHICH MEANS THEY HAVE SOMEBODY FIXING THE ROOF AND I TAKE CARE OF IT AS SOON AS I CAN. AND THEN NOW, I HAVE A HARD SITUATION WITH MI FAMILY THAT CORONAVIRUS HIT ME. SO WE HAVE AND UNFORTUNATELY -- A BAD SITUATION. I HIRED A GENERAL CONTRACTOR AND THEN HE REQUESTED PERMITS AND FIXING ALL THE STUFF. THAT ONE MIGHT BOUGHT THE HOUSE, THE PROPERTY, LIKE SOMEBODY WAS WORKING FOR YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

>> AND THEN THEY DO SOME -- THEY DO SOME PLUMBING WORK.

>> I DID NOT CONTEST -- SO I CAN GET IN TOUCH WITH HIM.

>> AND HE DIDN'T ANSWER MY: ALL THE STUFF NOW IS TRYING TO GET IN CONTACT WITH ME AND I TRIED TO HIRE ANOTHER GENERAL CONTRACTOR. SO IT IS A WAY -- (INDISCERNIBLE) -- I NEED MORE TIME THAN 60 DAYS. BECAUSE I'M JUST -- HIM RECOVERING FROM THE CORONAVIRUS BECAUSE MY WIFE HAS IT AND MY SON -- (INDISCERNIBLE) -- SO NEXT WEEK I WILL GET A NEW -- TO SEE IF THEY'LL GIVE ME -- (INDISCERNIBLE) -- AND TRY TO WORK. BECAUSE I CAN GO TO THE STREET -- IT'S VERY HARD SITUATION FOR ME I KNOW THAT'S NO EXCUSE, BUT IS THERE ANYWAY

YOU CAN GIVE ME MORE TIME? >> OKAY. AND YOU HIRED A CONTRACTOR AND HE BASICALLY DIDN'T DO ANYTHING FOR YOU?

>> I HIRED THE CONTRACTOR AND THEN SO BASICALLY HE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING FOR ME. AND HE -- I DID NOT KNOW HIM. AND THEN, WHEN I TRIED TO GET IN TOUCH WITH HIM HE DIDN'T ANSWER MY CALL. THE BEST THING I CAN DO IS HAVE TO CALL HIM AGAIN TO SEE IF HE WILL -- IF WE CAN WORK TOGETHER OR TRY TO HIRE ANOTHER GENERAL CONTRACTOR.

>>SPECIAL MAGISTRATE: OKAY. MR. SMITH.

>> THE WORK -- ALREADY DONE IT IS THE ROOF. AND HE FIXED THE ROOF COLUMNS. THAT'S THE ONLY THING I HAVE TO TAKE CARE OF IS THE WINDOWS AND THE PLUMBING -- IN THE PLUMBING FROM THE HOUSE.

AND I CALLED THE ELECTRICAL NEW STATION BECAUSE HE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING ELECTRICAL AND HE -- (INDISCERNIBLE) -- OUTLET AND STUFF. I HAVE LIKE TWO WINDOWS -- AND -- TRAIN STATION --

[01:35:11]

ELECTRICAL OUTLETS IN EACH AND FIXING -- FIXING TWO PIPES. I DIDN'T KNOW THAT PEOPLE DO

PLUMBING WORK. >> OKAY. DO YOU HAVE PICTURES?

MR. SMITH? >> YES.

>> I HAVE -- (MULTIPLE SPEAKERS).

>> HOLD ON. >> THE PICTURES PREVIOUSLY SENT

TO THE RESPONDENT. >> YOU KNOW IF THE PICTURES

WERE MAILED TO. >> I DON'T BELIEVE THEY WERE.

>> OKAY. SO JUST FOR DO PROP THUS PURPOSES I'M GOING TO ASK THAT WE NOT ENTER THEM AT THIS

TIME. >> OKAY.

>> DO YOU HAVE A CONTRACTOR LINED UP THAT YOU THINK WOULD ASSIST YOU WITH THIS MATTER?

>> SAY THAT AGAIN? >> DO YOU HAVE A CONTRACTOR LINED UP WHO BELIEVE YOU WOULD ASSIST YOU WITH THE PERMIT FOR THE BUILDING AND PLUMBING WORK?

>> I HAVE TO HIRE ONE RIGHT NOW I DON'T HAVE IT. I HAVE TO BE LOOKING FOR ONE AND TRY TO HIRE . A GENERAL CONTRACTOR WHO CAN HELP ME TO FIXING THIS AND DO EVERYTHING ACCORDING TO CODE AS

SOON AS POSSIBLE. >> AND YOU DON'T LIVE IN ST.

LUCIE COUNTY HE. >> NO. I DON'T LIVE IN ST.

LUCIE COUNTY. >> WHAT COUNTY D11? YOU DON'T HAVE TO GIVE YOUR STREET ADDRESS JUST TELL ME WHAT COUNTY.

>> RATHER. >>.

>>. >> AND HOW IS YOUR HEALTH?

>> RIGHT NOW I HAVE CORONAVIRUS. AND THEN SO -- I WENT TO WORK ONE WEEK, BUT I'M GETTING BETTER. AND THEN -- (INDISCERNIBLE) NEXT WEEK. BUT THE THING IS THEY TELL YOU DON'T GO -- (INDISCERNIBLE) -- BECAUSE I CAN AFFECT OTHER PEOPLE THAT'S THE REASON I WAS

HOME. >> OKAY. IT WAS HARD.

>> I'VE BEEN HOME FOR A FEW MONTHS BECAUSE MY WIFE HAD IT AND -- AND I DIDN'T GET AT THAT SAME TIME AND THEN LATER ON I HAVE A KID ONE YEARS OLD -- (INDISCERNIBLE) -- AND THE ONE THAT IS -- (INDISCERNIBLE) -- I HAVE TO BE HOME. I KNOW I'M THE LAST ONE (LAUGHING).

>> OKAY. >> ALL RIGHT. ANYTHING FROM

THE CITY? >> ALL RIGHT. HERE IS WHAT I AM GOING TO DO. I'M GOING TO CONTINUE THIS FOR 60 DAYS. YOU PRESENTED A HARDSHIP BASED ON THE SWORN TESTIMONY ABOUT NOT BEING ABLE TO WORK.

>> WILL CONTINUE THIS TO 60 DAYS. I WOULD ADVISE YOU TO STAY IN TOUCH WITH THE CITY OF FORT PIERCE SO YOU CAN SO YOU CAN KEEP THEM APPRISED OF WHATEVER ATTEMPTS YOU HAVE MADE AND TRYING TO GET THIS TAKEN CARE OF. I WILL CONTINUE IS 60 DAYS BASED ON YOUR TESTIMONY

THIS MORNING. >> OKAY.

>> AND GOOD LUCK TO YOU, SIR. GOOD LUCK TO YOU AND YOURS. THANK YOU.

>> EXCUSE ME. I HAVE A QUESTION. WHAT DOES CONTINUE TO SIXTY-DAY MEANS I HAVE 60

DAYS TO FIX? >> NO. YOU'VE GOT 60 DAYS TO

AT LEAST LOCATE A CONTRACTOR. >> OKAY.

>> ALL RIGHT? I WILL CONTINUE TO SEE WHERE YOU ARE BUT THAT IS GIVING YOU TWO MONTHS TO TRY AND LOCATE A CONTRACTOR WHO CAN GET THIS WORK DONE?

>> OKAY. >> AND THEN ONCE -- IF YOU DO THAT, THEN YOU'LL HAVE ANOTHER HUNDRED 80 DELIS TO GET THE JOB COMPLETED. I SUGGEST YOU TALK TO THE CITY AND MR. SMITH SO THAT HE CAN HELP YOU BETTER UNDERSTAND WHAT I AM TRYING TO

HELP YOU DO, OKAY? >> OKAY. THANK YOU SO MUCH.

>> YOU'RE WELCOME. GOOD LUCK. >> THANK YOU.

>> ANYMORE CASES? >> ONE MORE.

>> OKAY. >> THAT WOULD BE BY P. THIS IS

[01:40:05]

ALSO A CALLING CASE. CASE NUMBER 20-8 -- 683, 601, SOUTH OCEAN DRIVE, LEO INVESTMENTS

LLC IS THE OWNER. >> ME TRY ONE MORE WAY.

>> OKAY. >> THE OWNER IS IN CANADA.

THIS IS THE NUMBER HE PROVIDED. SO MAYBE IT'S NOT GOING TO FOR THAT REASON.

>> DO WE HAVE OTHER CASES THAT WE CAN CALL?

[A. 19-3481 2400 S Ocean Dr (Blue Heron Blvd) Ocean Village POA, Inc. Paul Julin]

>> YES. WE HAVE ANOTHER CALLING CASE.

>> LET'S DO THAT WHEN AND TRY GO BACK TO THIS ONE.

>> OKAY. SO THE NEXT CASES 5K. 19 ã3481, 2400 S. OCEAN -- OR ALSO KNOWN AS BLUE HERON BOULEVARD OCEAN VILLAGE INC. IS THE OWNER. AND WE WILL BE CALLING MR. SPECTOR.

>> WILL TRY THAT WAY TOO, THEN.

>> IS A LOCAL NUMBER. I TRIED IT WITHOUT THE NUMBER ONE. I CAN TRY IT WITHOUT THE 1.

>> MAY AS WELL. >> HELLO.

>> MR. SPECTOR? XES. >> THIS IS ELIZABETH WITH THE CITY OF FORT PIERCE BUILDING DEPARTMENT.

>> HI. >> HI.

>> YOU ARE AN AUDIO ATTENDANCE OF THE SPECIAL MAGISTRATE HEARING. THE NEXT VOICE YOU HEAR WILL BE THE SPECIAL MAGISTRATE.

>> THANK YOU. >> GOOD MORNING MR. SPECTOR.

>> GOOD MORNING. >> WOULD YOU RAISE YOUR RIGHT

HAND AND BE SWORN, PLEASE. >> CERTAINLY.

>> STATE YOUR NAME FOR THE RECORD PLEASE.

>> WITNESS SWORN. >>.

>> SPECIAL MAGISTRATE MR. JOLIN WAS UNABLE TO BE HEARD MR. SPECTOR THIS IS SEAN COSTS. I JUST WANTED TO GET ONTO THE RECORD THAT WE HAVE RECEIVED EMAIL CORRESPONDENCE FROM THE SOUTH FLORIDA WATER MANAGEMENT DISTRICT REGARDING THEIR PERMIT APPLICATION FOR THE WORK THAT WAS DONE INSIDE OF OCEAN VILLAGE.

>> YOU ARE THE PROPERTY MANAGE -- MANAGER.

>> AS A. >> IS OR ANYTHING THAT YOU WANTED TO PUT ON THE RECORD FOR OUR CONTINUING -- CONSIDERATION FOR THE CONTINUANCE.

>> NO, SIR. OTHER THAN THE FACT THAT I KNOW MR. BAGGETT, HIS COMPANY, WHICH IS ABC HAS

[01:45:05]

BEEN TRYING VERY HARD TO GET THIS THING WRAPPED UP, BUT IT IS TAKING SOME TIME. HE'S BEEN IN COMMUNICATION WITH ME AND IT LOOKS LIKE WE ARE CLOSE BECAUSE I HAVE AN EMAIL TODAY FROM A GENTLEMAN NAMED DAN GUERRERO FROM SOUTH FLORIDA WATER MANAGEMENT. THE APPLICATION IS UNDER REVIEW. HE IS ANTICIPATING HE WILL COMPLETE THE REVIEW THIS WEEK AND I

THOUGHT I WOULD MENTION THAT. >> THANK YOU FOR THE UPDATE.

STAFF WOULD REQUEST THAT THIS CASE BE CONTINUED FOR 30 DAYS TO ALLOW A COMPLETION OF THE

PERMITTING PROCESS. >> I WILL COMPLY WITH YOUR REQUEST AND GRANT 30 DAYS CONTINUANCE SO THAT HE CAN COMPLY WITH THE PERMIT -- OR GET THE PERMIT APPROVED. THANK YOU.

>> THANK YOU. >> YOU'RE WELCOME, HAVE A GOOD

DAY. >> YOU TOO. I APPRECIATE IT

MUCH. HAVE A GOOD DAY. >> BUT BY

[P. 20-683 601 S Ocean Drive Neo Investments LLC Ed Smith]

>> I WILL TRY 5 P AGAIN. >> OKAY.

>> SO THAT WAS 5 P. >> SPECIAL MAGISTRATE THAT CASE WAS PREVIOUSLY SCHEDULED FOR THE PAST MONTH. THIS IS THE FIRST TIME THAT WE HAVE BEEN UNABLE TO GET IN TOUCH WITH THE RESPONDENTS SO WE WILL CONTINUE THIS CASE UNTIL NEXT MONTH AND TRY TO SEEK AN ALTERNATIVE NUMBER FOR THEM.

[A. 19-1764 1008 Bell Avenue 1008 Bell Ave LLC Shaun Coss]

>> OKAY. I WILL GRANT YOUR REQUEST.

>> THE NEXT CASES 6 A. 19 ã 1764. 1000

>> THE NEXT CASES 6 A. 19 ã 1764. 1008 BELL AVENUE 1008 BELL AVENUE LLC IS THE OWNER.

>> GOOD MORNING. >> GOOD MORNING.

>>. >> ALL RIGHT. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE. THIS IS CASE 19 ã176944 1008 BELL AVENUE. THE PROPERTY IS OWNED BY 1008 AVENUE OF THE SAME ADDRESS. REGISTERED AGENT IS JOSEPH SHANGARA WHO IS PRESENT.

VIOLATIONS ARE CITY ORDINANCE FIVE ã1.105.1 PERMIT REQUIRED. THIS MATTER CAME BEFORE YOUR NOVEMBER 21, 2019 AND IN ORDER TO DETERMINE VIOLATION WAS FOUND ON FEBRUARY 27SHANGARA WHO IS PRESENT. VIOLATIONS ARE CITY ORDINANCE FIVE ã1.105.1 PERMIT REQUIRED. THIS MATTER CAME BEFORE YOUR NOVEMBER 21, 2019 AND IN ORDER TO DETERMINE VIOLATION WAS FOUND ON FEBRUARY 27, 2020 90 DAY EXTENSION WAS GRANTED. ON AUGUST 3, 2020 AN AFFIDAVIT OF NONCOMPLIANCE WAS RECORDED SINCE A PERMIT HAD NOT BEEN ISSUED. I HAVE SINCE BEEN IN TOUCH WITH THE OWNER.

UNFORTUNATELY THERE IS A COMMUNICATION FAILURE BETWEEN HIM AND ONE OF OUR REVIEWERS WHO WAS NOT AWARE OF THE PENDING VIOLATION CASE. SO THE OTHER REVIEWER HAD PROVIDED HIM SOME ADDITIONAL TIME TO SUBMIT PLANS NOT KNOWING THAT THERE WAS A PENDING VIOLATION CASE WITH A SEPARATE DEADLINE. AS I HAVE EXPLAINED TO THE RESPONDENT UNFORTUNATELY, WE CANNOT WAIVE THE FINES TODAY SINCE THIS CASE IS STILL IN VIOLATION. HOWEVER STAFF WOULD MOVE THAT DEFINES BE STOPPED AND THAT A LIEN WILL NOT BE IMPOSED AT THIS TIME. ONCE THE PROPERTY IS IN COMPLIANCE WE WILL BRING THIS BACK FOR A CONSIDERATION TO WAIVE THE

PFINES. >> OKAY. THANK YOU.

>> YOU'VE BEEN SWORN. >> ARE YOU IN AGREEMENT WITH

WHAT MR. KOSS IS REQUESTING? >> I AM.

>> ANYTHING YOU LIKE TO SAY. >> NOW JUST THAT THERE WAS A MISCOMMUNICATION BASED ON COVID AND THEN ONCE I RECEIVED THE NOTICE I WAS SHOCKED BECAUSE I THOUGHT THAT YOU WERE CLOSED IN THIS IS THE FIRST TIME EVER BEEN THROUGH THIS. I TALKED TO MR. CAUSE AND HE HAS BEEN MORE THAN HELPFUL. SINCE THEN WE HAVE APPLIED FOR A PERMIT AS

WELL. >> OKAY. THEN BASED ON THE TESTIMONY, I WILL STOP THE VINES FROM ACCRUING. AND HOW MUCH TIME DO WANT TO GIVE THEM?

OR IS HE OKAY. >> HE'S JUST GOT TO COME INTO

COMPLIANCE NOW RIGHT. >> HE HAS APPLIED FOR THE PERMIT. IT'S UNDER REVIEW. WE WILL JUST BRING THIS BACK ONCE IT HAS BEEN COMPLIANT FOR

REDUCTION WAIVE THE FINES. >> ALL RIGHT. THANKS FOR STAYING. IT'S BEEN A LONG MORNING.

>> I APPRECIATE YOUR TIME HAVE A GREAT DAY.

>> OKAY. THE CASES 6 B. THIS IS A CALL IN CASE CASE NUMBER 19-1181. 1401 NORTH 22ND

[B. 19-1181 1401 N 22nd Street Boston, Homer Shaun Coss]

[01:50:11]

STREET HOMER BOSTON WAS THE OWNER AND HIS DAUGHTER MS. PIERCE WILL BE THE ONE I'M

CALLING. >> HELLO.

>> MS. PIERCE? >> YES.

>> CAN YOU HEAR ME? >> YES. THIS IS THE CITY OF FORT PIERCE BUILDING DEPARTMENT. WE ARE AN AUDIO ATTENDANCE IN THE NEXT VOICE YOU HEAR WILL BE THE SPECIAL MAGISTRATE.

>> OKAY. THANK YOU. >> GOOD MORNING.

>> GOOD MORNING. >> MY NAME IS FRAN -- ON THE SPECIAL MAGISTRATE. WILL YOU RAISE YOUR RIGHT HAND, PLEASE.

>> SURE. >> WITNESS SWORN.

>> MR. KOSKI. >> MS. PIERCE THIS IS MR. KOSS.

I'M GOING TO READ THE CASE INTO THE RECORD AND THEN YOU'LL HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY TO SPEAK.

THIS IS CASE 19-11 814-1401 NORTH 22ND STREET. THE PROPERTY IS OWNED BY HOMER BOSTON 1712 AVENUE THUROW FORT PIERCE FLORIDA. THE VIOLATIONS ARE FIVE-1.105.1, PERMIT REQUIRED. THIS MATTER CAME BEFORE YOU SEPTEMBER 17, 2019. A 90 DAY EXTENSION OF TIME WAS GRANTED ON JANUARY 6, 2020. AN AFFIDAVIT OF NONCOMPLIANCE WAS RECORDED APRIL 8, 2020 AFTER A PERMIT HAD NOT BEEN ISSUED. AS OF MAY 11, WHEN THIS CASE WAS SCHEDULED BEFORE YOU, THE FINES WERE -- THE FINES ACCRUED TO $3230 INCLUDING $30 IN RECORDING FEES. AT THE LAST HEARING, THE LAST MESSY HEARING, WE WERE INFORMED THAT MR. DIVORCE HAD PASSED AWAY. MS. PIERCE WAS WORKING, TRYING TO IDENTIFY ADMINISTRATOR OR EXECUTOR OF THE STATE. SO THE PURPOSE OF THIS MEETING IS TO OBTAIN AN UPDATE REGARDING HER

PROCESS. >> THANK YOU.

>> OKAY. >> MS. PIERCE, TELL US WHERE

YOU ARE. >> WHERE I AM -- I HAVE A COUPLE OF QUESTIONS IF I MAY. WHERE I AM NOW, I DID RECEIVE THE AUTHORIZATION TO BE THE REPRESENTATIVE FOR MY FATHER'S ESTATE. AND WHERE I AM AT THIS POINT IS I'M TRYING TO SECURE A LOCAL CONTRACTOR WHO CAN DO THE WORK. I HAD TO HAVE LOCKS CHANGED TO THE PROPERTY BECAUSE I AM IN DELAWARE AND MY STEPBROTHER COULD NOT LOCATE THE KEYS. SO I DID HAVE THE LOCKS CHANGED AND NOW I'M IN THE PROCESS OF LOCATING A CONTRACTOR WHO CAN GO IN AND PROVIDE ME WITH AN ESTIMATE, GIVE ME PICTURES SO I KNOW WHAT I'M DEALING WITH BECAUSE THE ONLY PICTURES I HAVE ARE WHAT I SEE ONLINE IS MY UNDERSTANDING MAY NOT BE EASY SAME CASES THAT. SO THAT'S WHERE I AM YOUR HONOR. AND THEN JUST -- THAT'S IT. SO THAT'S WHERE I AM. I DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH TIME I CAN GET TO GET THE PROPERTY -- THE PROPERTY PUT BACK IN ITS ORIGINAL STATE WHICH IS WHAT I THINK WE TALKED ABOUT IN MAY. APPARENTLY, THE PROPERTY WAS CHANGED AND I THINK -- I'M SORRY, WHAT WAS YOUR NAME AGAIN.

>> MY NAME IS SEAN BECAUSE. >> YOUR LAST NAME AGAIN?

>> I'M SORRY. >> COSTS, CO SS.

>> I THINK MR. CAUSE INDICATED -- DURING THE LAST CONVERSATION. SO THAT'S WHERE I AM. AND IF I MAY, AT THIS TIME, ASK A QUESTION. I ASKED IF THE FINES COULD BE WAIVED.

WHAT IS THE STATUS OF THAT BECAUSE.

>> IT'S NOT ANYTHING THAT MY ATTORNEY KNOWS?

>> SO MS. PIERCE, THE MASSEY HEARING, WE CAN STOP THE FINES FROM ACCRUING. WE CAN PRESENT

[01:55:04]

A LIEN FROM BEING IMPOSED BUT THE FINES CANNOT BE WAIVED UNTIL THE PROPERTY IS BROUGHT INTO COMPLIANCE. SO THE CURRENT STATUS IS THAT THEY WERE STOPPED AT 3200UNTIL THE PROPERTY IS BROUGHT INTO COMPLIANCE. SO THE CURRENT STATUS IS THAT THEY WERE STOPPED AT $3230 AND THEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE STOPPED AS LONG AS YOU COME INTO COMPLIANCE WITHIN THE SPECIAL MAGISTRATE REQUIREMENTS.

>> YOU ARE CORRECT. THIS WAS A SINGLE-FAMILY HOME THAT WAS CONVERTED INTO'S FOUR SEPARATE LIVING UNITS. THE PERMIT THAT WOULD BE REQUIRED WOULD BE TO REMOVE ANY WALLS THAT HAD BEEN INSTALLED TO SEPARATE THE UNITS.

>> OKAY. I'M SO SORRY. AND I APOLOGIZE, FIRST OF ALL. I NEVER HAVE TO UP APPEAR FOR THE MAGISTRATE OR ANYTHING. SECOND OF ALL, I DO NOT KNOW A LOT ABOUT CONSTRUCTION. SO YOU ARE SAYING -- AND MAYBE ONCE I GET THE CONTRACTORS, IS THERE SOMEONE I NEED TO TALK TO TO FIND OUT WHAT SPECIFICALLY NEEDS TO BE DONE? BECAUSE MY UNDERSTANDING IS YOU ARE SAYING

THE PERMIT WAS FOR REMOVAL. >> AM I INCORRECT.

>> CORRECT. AN ABSOLUTELY SPEAK TO THE CONTRACTOR.

>> IF THE WALLS THAT YOUR SAME TO BE REMOVED, ARE THEY ON THE INSIDE? LIKE -- I GUESS I NEED PICTURES. BUT DO YOU HAVE PICTURES THAT YOU CAN SHARE WITH ME?

>> WE HAVE -- THE INSPECTION THAT WAS PERFORMED WAS AN X-RAY INSPECTION. WE HAVE PICTURES OF THE EXTERIOR DOORS THAT ARE LABELED WITH THE DIFFERENT UNIT NUMBERS. I'VE PREVIOUSLY BEEN INSIDE THIS STRUCTURE. THIS IS THE THIRD TIME THAT THE STRUCTURE WAS CONVERTED INTO FOUR UNITS. AND IT'S -- THESE ARE ALL INTERIOR WALLS THAT HAVE BEEN ADDED. SO THERE ARE TWO UNITS IN THE BACK, THERE'S A UNIT ON THE SOUTH SIDE AND A UNIT ON THE EAST SIDE. SO ONCE THOSE WALLS ARE REMOVED, OR OPENINGS ARE RE-CREATED TO BE A TYPICAL LAYOUT OF A

SINGLE-FAMILY HOME. >> SO, AND I APOLOGIZE. I DO WANT TO TAKE UP A LOT OF YOUR TIME AND TRY TO UNDERSTAND. SO BASICALLY, TO GET INTO COMPLIANCE, I WOULDN'T NEED TO -- THE CONTRACTOR WOULD NEED TO GO INSIDE AND BASICALLY REMOVE

WALLS, CORRECT? >> CORRECT.

>> AND I THINK YOU SAID THERE IS ONE ON THE EAST SIDE.

>> AND A PERMIT WILL BE REQUIRED FOR THIS WORK. BUT YES.

>> YES. HE WILL BE LEGITIMATE. >> SO HE'LL BE -- I'M NOT ãX YEAH. SO I GUESS IF AT ALL POSSIBLE, IF I CAN GET -- I DON'T KNOW IF IT'S ALLOWED, IF I COULD GET A COPY OF THAT SO I CAN UNDERSTAND -- A CONTRACTOR, I'M JUST TRYING TO UNDERSTAND

USE OTHER STORES WITH NUMBERS? >> CORRECT.

>> KEMY DOORS REMAIN HE. >> GOD.

>> EXTERIOR THE ISSUE IS THE INTERIOR WALLS WHERE THEY ALLOW EXCLUSIVE INJURY TO A SESSION IN THE HOME. SO WERE USED TO BE A SINGLE-FAMILY HOME, IT'S NOW FOUR INDIVIDUAL LIVING

UNITS. >> OKAY. THAT MAKES SENSE TO

ME. >> SO ONE THING THAT I DO NEED TO DO IS -- AND I DON'T KNOW HOW THIS WORKS BUT I'M LETTING MY ATTORNEY KNOW ABOUT THE

RATES. IT'S $3000, 3200 -- >>.

>> $3230. >> $3230.

>> OKAY. >> AND THIS WAS AS OF -- BACK IN MAY -- SO I NEED TO LET HER KNOW ABOUT THAT. AND SHE MIGHT -- OKAY. SHE MIGHT SEND A LETTER. WHO SHOULD THAT BE DIRECTED TO.

>> I'M SORRY? THE ATTORNEY IS GOING TO SEND CORRESPONDENCE?

>> SHE MAY. >> OKAY. SO IT COULD BE DIRECTED TO ME. I WILL HANDLE THIS MASSEY CASE.

>> OKAY. SO. >> OKAY. AND YOUR NAME WAS -- I'M SORRY IT MAY BE MY CONNECTION SEAN BECAUSE.

>> CORRECT. >> OKAY. AND CAN I -- CAN I GIVE YOU MY EMAIL OR GET YOUR EMAIL SO I CAN MAKE SURE I HAVE YOUR ADDRESS.

>> IS AT THE SAME NUMBER? >> OKAY. IS IT THE SAME NUMBER

AS WHEN I CALL MS. BACK? >> YES. SHE DOES HAVE YOUR

[02:00:01]

EMAIL ADDRESS. SO AFTER THIS HEARING SHE WILL -- WILL PROVIDE YOU.

>> OKAY. OKAY. AND I'M SORRY. I KNOW I'M ASKING MORE THINGS NOW, BUT WHEN WE TALKED BEFORE, I WAS IN THE PERIOD OF LOSING MY DAD. I'M A LITTLE MORE CLEAR NOW. AND I APOLOGIZE FOR THAT. SO THAT'S WHERE I AM, YOUR HONOR. I'M -- YOU KNOW, I HAVE THE MEANS OF A COUPLE OF CONTRACTORS. I WANT TO DO MY DUE DILIGENCE TO GET -- LET THEM SEE IF GET A COUPLE OF ESTIMATES I KNOW I CAN GO WITH THE BEST ONE.

>> OKAY. >> YOUR FINE.

>> AND BECAUSE I'M NOT THERE -- I HAVE TO HAVE A CONTRACTOR THAT I TRUST AND WHO WILL COMMUNICATE. SO I HOPE TO COME TO FLORIDA SOON AS THE STATE IS MORE LENIENT ABOUT MY

RETURNING. >> OKAY. CAN WE STOP HER FINES

FROM A ACCRUING. >> THEY WERE STOPPED ON MAY 11.

>> OKAY. OKAY. ALL RIGHT. ANYTHING FURTHER?

>> NO. WHATEVER YOU -- WHATEVER YOU GRANT ME, I WOULD APPRECIATE IT.

>> HOW MUCH TIME DO YOU THINK? >> MS. PIERCE, DO YOU THINK 60 DAYS WILL ALLOW YOU ENOUGH TIME TO HIRE A CONTRACTOR AND HAVE THEM COME IN TO OBTAIN THE

PERMIT? >> I THINK HE SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO THAT. BECAUSE NOW I HAVE CONTROL OF THE ACCESS TO THE BUILDING AND SO, HE CAN GO IN, GIVE ME AN ESTIMATE AND -- HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE THOSE -- TO OBTAIN A PERMIT? I'M NOT FAMILIAR WITH THAT? I GUESS I COULD TELL AND HE HAS 60 DAYS (LAUGHING) IT SHOULDN'T TAKE LONG, RIGHT. JUST COME IN AND APPLY?

>> THE AVERAGE TIME FOR A PERMIT LIKE THAT -- IF WE RECEIVED ALL THE REQUIRED MATERIALS WOULD BE ABOUT ONE WEEK, NO MORE THAN TWO WEEKS.

>> OKAY. DOES HE HAVE TO SUBMIT DRAWINGS.

>> NO. >> I'M JUST ASKING.

>> NOT FOR THE REMOVAL OF WALLS.

>> OKAY I WANT TO ASK YOU ONE MORE QUESTION I APOLOGIZE. BOTH WALLS, ARE THEY JUST THE

STANDARD, LIKE. >> JUST THE STANDARD WALL -- NEVERMIND. FIGURE HE'LL FIGURE IT OUT. I TAKE BACK MY QUESTION.

>> OKAY (LAUGHING). >> THANK YOU. ALL RIGHT. SO GOOD LUCK ON FINDING A CONTRACTOR AND GETTING THE WORK DONE? OKAY.

>> OKAY. SO I HAVE 60 DAYS TO GET THE CONTRACTOR AND GET THE PERMIT? HOW MUCH TIME DO HAVE

FOR THEM TO DO THE WORK? >> SO ONCE A PERMIT IS ISSUED, IT IS VALID FOR 180 DAYS. YOU WOULD NEED TO HAVE AN APPROVED INSPECTION AT THAT TIME.

>> OKAY. TAKE YOU SO MUCH. AND IS THERE -- I GUESS THROUGH MS. BACK, I CAN GET ADDITIONAL INFORMATION OR MAKE SURE I HAVE EVERYTHING THAT WE TALKED ABOUT THE DAY.

>> ABSOLUTELY. >> OKAY. THANK YOU SO MUCH. I APPRECIATE YOUR PATIENCE AND MR. CAUSE, I APPRECIATE YOUR PATIENCE AND UNDERSTANDING AND I APPRECIATE MS. BACK WHO HAS BEEN HELPFUL.

>> THANK YOU. HAVE A GOOD DAY AND GOOD LUCK TO YOU.

>> YOU TOO. THANK YOU. >> BYE-BYE.

>>. >> OTHER: CASES, THE CASE IS FOR THIS MONTH IT WILL BE CARRIED OVER TO NEXT MONTH. OUR NUMBER 5D, 20 ãOUR NUMBER 5D, 20 ã304-1000 TUMBLING GLEN ROAD LETTER -- NUMBER 5M 20 ãTEXAS COURT UNIT.

M 20 ã671 -- FOR PEARSON PRIOR ONE HOLDINGS LLC IS THE OWNER, 1912 TRACK RECORD. AND RIGHT IS THE OWNER. S ã28 -- ON 17TH STREET DSP SPV THREE LLC IS THE OWNER.

T, 20 ã8-30. 427 NORTH 15TH STREET, AND THE ONLY REMAINING CASES FOR MASSEY IS C. AS I GET

[C. 19-2736 703 N 24th Street Danitilus, Jean Shaun Coss]

RECALLED? >> THE ISSUE WITH THIS CASE IS

[02:05:02]

THAT THE FINDINGS WERE STARTED. IT WOULD BENEFIT THE RESPONDENT TO MOVE FORWARD WITH THIS CASE TODAY TO MAKE A RECOMMENDATION TO STOP THE FINES. HOWEVER, THE RESPONDENT IS NOT HERE. I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOUR RECOMMENDATION IS.

>> I'M ASSUMING THE RESPONDENT RECEIVED NOTICE OF THE HEARING CORRECT?

>> THIS IS STILL YOUR RECOMMENDATION TO STOP THE FINE?

>> I THINK IT'S OKAY TO GO AHEAD AND ASK THE SPECIAL MAGISTRATE TO GRANT THE RELIEF.

IF THERE ARE ANY ISSUES THAT COME UP SUBSEQUENTLY, I WOULD COORDINATE A NEW HEARING DATE

WITH THE RESPONDENT. >> I WILL GO AHEAD AND STOP THE FINES IN NUMBER 19-2736 BASED ON THE EVIDENCE AND TESTIMONY PRESENTED. THANK YOU.

>> THANK YOU. >>.

>> THAT'S IT. >>SPECIAL MAGISTRATE: DO WE NEED TO DO HOW WERE THEY NOTIFIED OR DID WE CONTINUE THOSE?

>> I WOULD REQUEST THAT THE SPECIAL MAGISTRATE WE DID READ INTO THE RECORD SEVERAL CASES THIS MORNING AND THAT THE CASES ARE BEING RESET, NOT TOO LONG AGO WERE INDIVIDUALS OF FAILED

TO APPEAR TODAY. >> SO READING.

>> HOW ARE THE FAILURES. >> FOR CASES REQUIRING STATE STATUTE 162.12 A NOTICE OF HEARING WERE SAID TO THE VIOLATOR CERTIFIED MAIL. IF THE GREEN CARD IS RETURNED SIGNED IT IS PLACED IN THE FILE. IF IT'S RETURNED UNSIGNED OR UNCLAIMED, AN AFFIDAVIT OF MAILING WITH NOTICE OF HEARING IS MAILED TO THE VIOLATOR. DAYS BEFORE THE HEARING A NOTICE OF HEARING IS SENT REGULAR U.S. MAIL WITH AN AFFIDAVIT ATTACHED. COPIES OF DOCUMENTS ARE PLACED IN THE FILE. 10 DAYS BEFORE THE HEARING A NOTICE IS POSTED ON THE BULLETIN BOARD OF CITY HALL. A NOTICE OF HEARING IS POSTED AT THE PROPERTY IN QUESTION WITH AN AFFIDAVIT OF POSTING. IF A CERTIFICATION CARD IS NOT RETURNED TO THE BILLING DEPARTMENT WITHIN 10 DAYS FROM THE HEARING IT'S RECEIVED IS IF THE CARD WAS RETURNED UNCLAIMED.

>>SPECIAL MAGISTRATE: OKAY. ANYTHING FURTHER?

* This transcript was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.