Link

Social

Embed

Download

Download
Download Transcript

[1. CALL TO ORDER]

[00:00:05]

THE FORT PIERCE PLANNING BOARD MEETING. THIS IS OCTOBER 13, RIGHT? AGAIN, THESE MONTHS ARE FLYING BY. I DON'T KNOW WHERE THEY GO.

IF YOU WOULD, STAND FOR THE PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE.

ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND TO THE REPUBLIC FOR WHICH IT STANDS, ONE NATION UNDER GOD, INDIVISIBLE, WITH LIBERTY AND JUSTICE FOR ALL.

>> REMINDER, IF YOU WOULD. CELL PHONES, PLEASE TURN THEM OFF.

ONE NIGHT I ALMOST FORGOT AND IT WAS, I DON'T KNOW, IT REMINDED ME WHEN IT STARTED TO MAKE A LITTLE NOISE I CAUGHT IT JUST IN TIME. IT WAS LIKE EIGHT 30 P.M. WE WERE HAVING OUR EVENING MEETING. PLEASE TURN THEM OFF.

CALL THE ROLL, PLEASE.

[a. Minutes from the September 8, 2020 meeting]

APPROVAL OF MINUTES. >> SO MOVED. >> MOTION BY MS. BAKER, SECOND BY MR. BROADWAY. CALL THE ROLL, PLEASE.

[a. Annexation - 706 Midway Road]

I TO A, ANNEXATION AT 706 MIDWAY ROAD. MR. CRAGIN WILL BE PRESENTING.

I THINK YOU ARE PRESENTING EVERYTHING, ARE YOU NOT? >> IM.

DOES EVERYONE SEE IT YET? >> YES. >> GOOD AFTERNOON CHAIR AND MEMBERS OF THE BOARD. BEFORE YOU THIS AFTERNOON ISN'T APPLICATION FOR ANNEXATION FOR PROPERTY AT 706 MIDWAY ROAD. THE CURRENT COUNTY FUTURE LAND USES RESIDENTIAL HIGH 15 DWELLING UNITS AN ACRE. ONCE ANNEXED IT WILL BE GIVEN OUR LAND USE DESIGNATION OF OUR AGE HIGH DENSITY RESIDENTIAL. THE CURRENT COUNTY ZONING IS COMMERCIAL NEIGHBORHOOD TO BE COMPATIBLE WITH THE CITIES FUTURE LAND USE ON COMPLIANCE WITH OUR COMPREHENSIVE PLAN.

IT WILL BE GIVEN A ZONING DESIGNATION OF R5 HEIGHT DENSITY RESIDENTIAL.

THE ANNEXATION MEETS THE STANDARDS OF THE CITY CONFERENCE OF PLANS, SPECIFICALLY POLICY SECTION 1.11 REGARDING ANNEXATIONS GOOD PLANNING STUFF RECOMMENDS THE PLANNING BOARD FORWARD A RECOMMENDATION FOR THE PROPOSED ANNEXATION TO THE CITY COMMISSION. POSSIBLE ACTIONS BY THE PLANNING BOARD OR YOU COULD RECOMMEND APPROVAL OF THE POST PROPOSED ANNEXATION, STATUS OR COMMITTING APPROVAL TO BEGIN OR RECOMMEND DISAPPROVAL OF THE PROPOSED ANNEXATION. I AM AVAILABLE FOR ANY

QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE. THANK YOU. >> QUESTIONS FOR STAFF AND THE BOARD? I'M NOT SEEING ANY.WILL OPEN THE PUBLIC PORTION OF THE MEETING. ANYONE SPEAKING IN FAVOR OF THIS PROJECT, PLEASE STEP FORWARD. NOT SEEING ANYONE TO ANYONE SPEAKING OPPOSED? I'M NOT SEEING ANYONE. WILL COME BACK TO THE BOARD. ANY FURTHER CONVERSATION?

I'M NOT HEARING ANY. I WILL ENTERTAIN A MOTION. >> MOTION TO APPROVE.

>> SECOND. >> MOTION BY MR. BROADWAY, SECOND BY MS. BAKER.

CALLED THE ROLL, PLEASE.

[b. Conditional Use - Single Family Home - Parcel ID: 2412-501-0123-000-7]

ITEM, ITEM BE. CONDITIONAL USE SINGLE-FAMILY HOME, PARCEL ID 2412 501 0123

000 SEVEN. MR. CRAGIN AGAIN IS PRESENTING. >> GOOD AFTERNOON.

BEFORE YOU TODAY IS A CONDITIONAL USE WITH NEW CONSTRUCTION AND DESIGN REVIEW FOR A PROPERTY LOCATED ALONG SEAWAY DRIVE OR SURFSIDE DRIVE RATHER.

THE LINE THAT JUST APPEARED ON THE SCREEN INDICATES THE APPROXIMATE LOCATION OF THE CONSTRUCTION CONTROLLING, PURSUANT TO OUR CITY CODE, ANY CONSTRUCTION EAST OF THIS LINE REQUIRES IT TO GO THROUGH THE CITY CONDITIONAL USE PROCESS AND WILL ALSO REQUIRE EXTENSIVE REVIEW BY THE DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENT PROTECTION AS WELL. THE ZONING OF THE PROPERTY IS

[00:05:05]

R! WITH A FUTURE LAND USE OF RL FUTURE RESIDENTIAL.HE REQUEST BEFORE YOU TODAY ARE CONDITIONAL USE AND DESIGNER VIEW FOR THE CONSTRUCTION OF A SINGLE-FAMILY HOME AND FOR THE STRUCTURE TO BE BUILT UP TO 32.82 FEET IN HEIGHT.

IN ITS CURRENT ZONING DISTRICT AND MAY BE BUILT UP TO 28 FEET IN HEIGHT WITHOUT CONDITIONAL USE APPROVAL AND CONDITIONAL USE APPROVAL MUST BE GRANTED FOR ANYTHING BETWEEN 28.01 FEET AND 35 FEET. STUFF IS OR COMMITTING APPROVAL OF THE REQUEST AS IT IS CONSISTENT WITH THE CITY CODE ENCUMBRANCER PLAN DOES NOT ADVERSELY AFFECT THE PUBLIC HEALTH, SAFETY, CONVENIENCE AND GENERAL WELFARE AND AS PROPOSED WILL NOT CAUSE AN ADVERSE EFFECT ON THE SYSTEM. THIS PARTICULAR PROPERTIES WITHIN THE SOUTH BEACH OVERLAY DISTRICT WAS CITY CODE SECTION 125 150 7C2 SPECIFIES THE MAXIMUM ALLOWABLE HEIGHT FOR SINGLE FAMILY HOME IN THE R1 ZONING DISTRICT IS 35 FEET WITH A CONDITIONAL USE APPROVAL IN HEIGHT AND SOUTH BEACH ERLANG DISTRICT IS MEASURED FROM FEMA BASE FLOOD ELEVATION AND NOT EXISTING GRADE . AS YOU CAN SEE FROM THE DIAGRAM ON THE SCREEN, THE TOTAL HEIGHT OF THE STRUCTURE WILL BE 37.22 FEET HOWEVER, FROM FEMA BASED FLOOD ELEVATION WHICH IS HOW HEIGHT IS MEASURED, IT'S ONLY 32.82 FEET. IN HEIGHT.

THIS IS JUST TO GIVE YOU AN IDEA OF HOW THE SITE WILL BE LAID OUT.

WILL BE A FOUR FOOT DUNE CROSSOVER AT THE BACK OF THE SITE AND HOME IS GOING TO BE WELL WITHIN ALL THE SETBACK REQUIREMENTS. THIS IS JUST GIVING YOU AN IDEA OF WHAT THE HOME WILL LOOK LIKE UPON COMPLETION. STAFF RECOMMEND APPROVAL OF THE REQUEST WITH ONE CONDITION. OBTAIN THE APPROVAL OF THE FLORIDA DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION FOR CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITY OF THE COST OF CONSTRUCTION CONTROLLING BEFORE CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITIES CAN CONVINCE. POSSIBLE ACTIONS BY THE PLANNING BOARD, RECOMMEND APPROVAL OF THE PROPOSED CONDITIONAL USE AND DESIGN REVIEW WITH NO CHANGES AS STAF IS RECOMMENDING APPROVAL SUBJECT TO ONE CONDITION .

RECOMMEND APPROVAL OF THE PROPOSED CONDITIONAL USE AND DESIGNER VIEW WITH CHANGES OR RECOMMEND DISAPPROVAL OF THE PROPOSED CONDITIONAL USE AND DESIGNER VIEW.

I AM AVAILABLE FOR ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE. THANK YOU.

>> MY MEMORY SERVES ME RIGHT, WE HAVE AT LEAST ONE PROPERTY THAT HAS BEEN BUILT OVER THERE IN THAT NEIGHBORHOOD AND WITHIN PROBABLY TWO BLOCKS OF THIS PARTICULAR PROPERTY AND

POSSIBLY TO. >> AROUND THE SAME TIME LAST YEAR THE BOARD SOLD TO SINGLE FAMILY HOMES THE SITE AND WE HAVE MORE COMING ON SUBSEQUENT MEETINGS AS WELL.

>> OKAY. ALL RIGHT. THE OTHER THING WE HAVE ALREADY APPROVED UNDER CONDITIONAL USE AT LEAST ONE PROPERTY THE HOUSE IS BEING CONSTRUCTED AND COMPLETED AND AS THE LINDEN IN THE RECENT TWO YEARS MAY BE? THREE AT THE MOST?

>> I DON'T KNOW IF ANY OF THEM HAVE BENEFICIALLY BEEN BUILT ON SUBSITE, BUT 324 S. WILSON DRIVE IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION AND THAT ONE WAS BUILT WITHOUT CONDITIONAL USE APPROVAL FOR THE HEIGHT BECAUSE IT WAS IN THE ZONING DISTRICT, BUT THE BOARD DID APPROVE ONE HOUSE ON

SURFSIDE DRIVE THAT TO GO TO 35 FEET. >> OKAY.

THIS IS NOT SOMETHING NEW ALON . >> THIS IS NOT.

>> OKAY. THAT'S ALL. I JUST WANTED TO CLARIFY.

ANY OTHER QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS TO THE BOARD AND MR. CRAGIN. >> MR. CHAIR, THIS IS MORE OF A GLOBAL QUESTION FOR THE PROPERTY BEING PROPOSED HERE IS A SINGLE STORY HOME BUILT ON PILINGS. ON THE ORIGINAL SOUTH BEACH OVERLAY IS A 28 FOOT MAXIMUM HEIGHT CONDITIONAL ABOUT UP TO 35 FEET. IS BASED ON THE ELEVATION REQUIREMENTS OF THIS PARTICULAR TYPE OF HOME AND OTHER HOMES THAT WILL BE FORTHCOMING, IS THAT NOW RUNNING CONTRARY TO THE 28 FOOT HEIGHT LIMITATION? IN OTHER WORDS, DOESN'T NEED TO BE ADDRESSED IN SOME CAPACITY MOVING FORWARD DUE TO THE ELEVATION REQUIREMENTS

CURRENTLY MANDATED?>> IT IS ALWAYS SOMETHING STAFF IS LOOKING AT TO TRY TO SEE WHAT THE CURRENT TRENDS ARE. RIGHT NOW STAFF DOESN'T HAVE ANYTHING ON THE TABLE TO LOOK AT INCREASING THE HEIGHT WITHOUT CONDITIONAL USE APPROVAL, BUT IT IS SOMETHING

THAT STUFF LOOK AT. >> THAT IS THE ARE ONE WITH THE SOUTH BEACH OVERLAY.

>> THE ONLY ZONING DISTRICT ON THE ISLAND THAT ALLOWS HIGHER THAN 28 FEET WITHOUT

CONDITIONAL USE APPROVAL. >> IF FLOOD ELEVATION REQUIREMENTS ARE MANDATING HIGHER CONSTRUCTION AND WE ARE RUNNING CONTRARY TO 28 FOOT MAXIMUM HEIGHT LIMIT, I WOULD

SUGGEST SOME POINT TIME THAT MAY HAVE TO BE ADDRESSED AGAIN. >> IF I MAY, RIGHT NOW WE ARE

[00:10:03]

PUTTING TOGETHER PROPOSALS AND A SCHEDULE FOR LOOKING AT NOT ONLY SEAWAY DRIVE DID TO OUR LEVEL OF SERVICE FOR OUR ROADWAYS, BUT ALSO LOOKING AT OVER ALL THE OVERLAY.

IS A POLICY THAT WAS JUST ADOPTED WITH THE PLANNING STAFF ARE TO LOOK AT SOME OTHER REGULATIONS AS TIME HAS GONE BY SINCE THAT PLAN WAS DONE IN 2012.

AND I DO BELIEVE THAT WOULD BE SOMETHING WE SHOULD TAKE A LOOK AT.

AND BELIEVEYOUR POINT IS RIGHT ON . >> TO ADD TO YOUR COMMENT, I ACTUALLY THINK WE APPROVED ONE OF THESE IN THE R1 ZONING DISTRICT IN THE THUMBPRINT AREA. RECENT. SIX MONTHS FORGET WITHIN THE

LAST SIX MONTHS. >> I BELIEVE THAT IS ACCURATE. >> THIS IS NOT NEW TERRITORY.

>> THIS PARTICULAR NEIGHBORHOOD IS BOXED BETWEEN ãI DON'TKNOW WHAT THE NAME IS TO THE SOUTH AND OCEAN VILLAGE TO THE NORTH. WITCHEL HAS ELEVATIONS ABOVE THE 35 FEET IN THE KIND OF RESPECT. TO MEET AND BE NICE. IT WOULD BE NICE TO SEE IF WE COULD TAKE A LOOK AT THE WAY TO THE NECESSITY IN SOME OF THESE LOCATIONS FOR THE CONDITIONAL

USE AND GET THAT OFF THE TABLE. >> ESPECIALLY IF IT IS MANDATED YOU CAN BUILD WITHIN THE 28 FOOT REQUIREMENT TO HAVE A ONE STORY HOME AND MEET THE ELEVATION REQUIREMENTS.

THE CONCERN I HAVE IS I THINK YOU ARE GOING IN THE SAME DIRECTION.

WHEN IT COMES TO THE CITY COMMISSION, THE CONDITIONAL USE ADVERTISEMENT WILL GO OUT.

ARE YOU GOING TO RECEIVE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK DUE TO THE HEIGHT AND THE ANSWER TO THAT IS THE HEIGHT IS THE NECESSITY DUE TO ELEVATIONS. BUT I WILL LEAVE THAT ALL UP TO

YOU GUYS. >> IF I MAY CONCLUDE ON THAT, THERE WILL BE PUBLIC DISCUSSION ON THAT ISSUE WHEN WE COME THROUGH WITH ANY CHANGES TO OUR CODE.

SO THE PUBLIC WILL HAVE THAT OPPORTUNITY OF SPEAKING. >> THANK YOU.

>> ANY OTHER COMMENTS OR QUESTIONS? >> YES.

THERE APPEAR TO BE TWO GARAGES AND THERE APPEAR TO BE TWO DRIVEWAYS.

DO BOTH DRIVEWAYS HAVE INGRESS TO THE STATE ROAD? >> THEY BOTH HAVE.

THIS IS A LOCAL STREET. >> EXCUSE ME? >> THIS IS A LOCAL STREET.

>> HOW FAR APART ARE THE TWO DRIVEWAYS? >> 40 FEET, WHICH MEETS CODE

MINIMUM. >> THANK YOU. >> YOU ARE WELCOME.> ANYTHING ELSE? THEN I WILL OPEN TO THE PUBLIC MEETING.ANYONE SPEAKING IN FAVOR OF THIS PROJECT, PLEASE STEP FORWARD. I'M NOT SEEING ANYONE.

ANYONE SPEAKING OPPOSED? I'M NOT SEEING ANYONE. WE WILL COME BACK TO THE BOARD.

ANY FURTHER COMMENTS? I'M NOT SEEING ANYTHING. I WILL ENTERTAIN A MOTION.>> MR. CHAIR, RECOMMEND APPROVAL OF THE CONDITIONAL USE DESIGN REVIEW.

NO CHANGES. >> SECOND. >> CALLED THE ROLL, PLEASE.

[c. Site Plan and Conditional Use - Savannah Ridge - 3030 South US Highway 1]

NEXT ITEM ON OUR LIST IS ITEM C, SITE PLAN AND CONDITIONAL USE SAVANNA ROAD 3030 S. US ONE. AND AGAIN, MR. CRAGIN IS GOING TO PRESENT.

HE IS JUST A BUSY BOY TODAY.

ANY SLACK. >> MY DAD IS ALWAYS RIGHT.

>> BEFORE WE BEGIN, I WANTED TO MAKE ONE NOTE THAT WE HAD TO MAKE AN UPLOAD OF A NEW STAFF REPORT YESTERDAY. THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE STAFF REPORT AND THE ONE ORIGINALLY ON THE AGENDA WAS THE WORD CONDITIONAL USE ON THE STAFFRECOMMENDATIONS SECTION AND IN THE TOP OF THE REQUEST SECTION . SO BEFORE YOU TODAY IS A DEVELOPMENT REVIEW DESIGN REVIEW FOR PROPERTY LOCATED AT 3030 S. US HIGHWAY ONE.

THE CURRENT FUTURE LAND USE IS RM MEDIUM DENSITY RESIDENTIAL WITH A ZONING OF MEDIUM DENSITY RESIDENTIAL. THE REQUEST IS FOR A DEVELOPMENT REVIEW, CONDITIONAL USE AND DESIGN REVIEW FOR THE CONSTRUCTION AND OPERATION OF A MANUFACTURED HOME DEVELOPMENT

[00:15:01]

WITH 202 HOMESITES.TAFF IS CIRCUMVENTING APPROVAL OF THE REQUEST AS IT IS CONSISTENT WITH THE CITY CODE ENCUMBRANCER PLAN, DOES NOT ADVERSELY AFFECT THE PUBLIC HEALTH, SAFETY, CONVENIENCE AND GENERAL FILTER IN THE SUBJECT SITE WAS PREVIOUSLY IMMOBILE AND MANUFACTURED HOME COMMUNITY KNOWN AS PLEASURE GO . ON THAT ORIGINAL SITE THERE WERE 209 SITES. THIS REPRESENTS A REDUCTION OF SEVEN HOMESITES.

THE SITE PLAN FOR THIS PROPOSED DEVELOPMENT INCLUDES A CLUBHOUSE WITH 21 PARKING SPACES. THERE GOING TO BE TWO PARKING SPACES ON EACH HOME LOT FOR EACH RESIDENT. CLUBHOUSE WILL INCLUDE A POOL, A PATIO, IN OUTDOOR KITCHEN, ACTIVE PLAY AREA AND HALF-COURT BASKETBALL COURT HEAR THE LANDSCAPE PLANS THE APPLICANT HAS PROVIDED IS FULLY CONSISTENT WITH CITY CODE 123 REGARDING LANDSCAPE REQUIREMENTS. ON THE INTERIOR OF THE SITE, IS GOING TO BE A POND WITH A RECREATION PATH GOING AROUND IT AND A SMALL DOCK THAT GOES ONTO THE POND.HERE ARE CONTINUOUS FOREFOOT SIDEWALKS GOING AROUND THE COMMUNITY FOR PEDESTRIAN SAFETY AND THERE ALSO IS A POTENTIAL ACCESS TO THE SAVANNAS OF THE LOWER HALF OF THE SITE PLAN RIGHT HERE.

THAT IS CURRENTLY GOING BETWEEN COORDINATION WITH THE APPLICANT RIGHT NOW.

AND THAT WAS SUGGESTED BY STAFF AS A WAY TO ENHANCE THE AMENITY THE APPLICANT WAS VERY RECEPTIVE TO IT. TO GIVE YOU AN IDEA OF WHAT THE CLUBHOUSE WILL LOOK LIKE UPON COMPLETION. THIS REPRESENTS A VERY WELL THOUGHT OUT DESIGN COMPARED TO WHAT IS CURRENTLY OUT THERE RIGHT NOW. WE ARE GOING TO SEE A RETROFIT IN THE REFURBISHMENT OF THE CURRENT CLUBHOUSE ON SITE RIGHT NOW.

STUFF IS CIRCUMVENTING APPROVAL SUBJECT TO ONE CONDITION PER LANDSCAPE BOND WILL NEED TO BE PROVIDED AT THE TIME A CERTIFICATE OF OCCUPANCY PURSUANT TO CITY CODE 123 ãSIX POSSIBLE ACTIONS BY THE PLANNING BOARD OR YOU CAN RECOMMEND APPROVAL OF THE PROPOSED DEVELOPMENT REVIEW CONDITIONAL USE AND DESIGN REVIEW WITH NO CHANGES AS STAFF IS RECOMMENDING APPROVAL SUBJECT ONE CONDITION. YOU CAN RECOMMEND FOR WHAT CHANGES OR YOU CAN RECOMMEND DENIAL. I AM AVAILABLE FOR ANY

QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE. THANK YOU. >> WE WILL BE MAKING MOTIONS ON EACH OF THESE ITEMS INDEPENDENTLY SO YOU WILL BRING UP THE SLIDES AS NECESSARY?

>> YES. >> THANK YOU. YES, SIR?

>> HOW WIDE ARE THE LOTS? >> THE LOTS THEMSELVES. >> 35 FEET, AREN'T THEY?

>> LET'S SEE ãYEAH, THEY ARE ABOUT 35 FEET. >> NOW, I WANT TO TALK ABOUT STREET LIGHTING. I NOTICED THEY ARE GOING TO USE A DECORATIVE TYPE OF LIGHT.

AND IT APPEARS THAT FROM THE SCHEMATIC I HAVE LOOKED AT, THE LIGHTS ARE GOING TO BE APPROXIMATELY EVERY 100 FEET APART. ARE WE ASSURED THAT IS GOING TO MEET THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS BY CODE FOR THE CITY FOR STREET LIGHTING ON THESE TYPES OF

ROADS? >> WHAT THE APPLICANT IS GOING TO HAVE TO DO AS THEY ARE GOING UP TO PROVIDE US WITH A LIGHTING PLAN AND IT WILL HAVE TO BE SIGNED OFF BY A LIGHTING EXPERT THAT SAYS IT CONFORMS TO OUR CITY CODE. SO THAT IS SOMETHING WE

DEFINITELY LOOK AT . >> DOES ANYONE EVER GO BACK WITH A LIGHT METER AFTER THE PROJECT HAS BEEN PLACED AND ACTUALLY SEE THE VICTIMS OF TO WHAT HAS BEEN SENT TO US?

>> I'M NOT SURE IF THAT IS SOMETHING THE BUILDING DEPARTMENT HAS.

PLANNING STUFF DOESN'T GO OUT AND DO THAT, HOWEVER, I BELIEVE THE POLICE DEPARTMENT DOES HAVE THE ABILITY TO DO THAT.> AND IF I MAY, WHAT WE REQUIRE OF THE APPLICANT IS TO HAVE AN ENGINEER LIGHTING EXPERT SIGN AND SEAL SO IT IS HIS PROFESSIONAL STAMP THAT GOES ON THOSE PLANS. AND THAT IS WHAT WE CAN THEN ENSURE IF IT DOES NOT MEET THAT

SHE IS GOING AGAINST THE ETHICS OF HIS PROFESSION. >> ALL RIGHT.

I NOTICED A LOT OF THE DEVELOPMENTS COMING IN THESE DAYS USING THESE TYPES OF LIGHTING FOR STREET LIGHTING AS COMPARED TO WHAT WE, THE CITY PUTS UP FOR STREET LIGHTING.

IS NOTHING BUT ãAT A NORMAL, LIGHTS THESE ARE IMPORTANT SUMMARY TO THE DECORATIVE LIGHTS WE HAVE DOWN DELAWARE AVENUE IN GEORGIA AVENUE AND SUCH LIKE THAT.

THEY DISPERSED LIGHT EVERYWHERE. DOES A LOT OF INDISCRIMINATE LIGHT PLACE TO PUT BACK ON THE HOUSING THAT IS THERE TOO. THE HOUSING MAY NOT WANT BUT THEY DON'T HAVE A WAY TODEFUSE IT AS COMPARED TO OUR REGULAR STREETLIGHTS WE HAVE .

I JUST WANTED TO KNOW THAT THERE IS A METHOD OR A WAY TO BE ABLE TO GO BACK IN THE PROJECTS TO DETERMINE WHETHER OR NOT, WHAT HAS BEEN SIGNED AND SEALED BY THE ENGINEERS IS

ACTUALLY TRULY HAPPENING. >> IF I MAY. TYPICALLY WHEN WE GO OUT, WHETHER IT BE CODE ENFORCEMENT, PLANNING, A COMBINATION OF THE TWO, IT'S BASED ON A CODE COMPLAINT. RIGHT NOW, WE CAN HAVE THE APPLICANT CAN SPEAK ON BEHALF OF, BUT THEY ARE PUTTING FORWARD A GREAT PROJECT RIGHT NOW.

[00:20:01]

I'M VERY CONFIDENT WE ARE VERY CONFIDENT THAT THE LIGHTING PLAN WILL MEET, WILL GO ABOVE AND BEYOND OUR CODE MINIMUMS. BUT WE COULD ALWAYS HAVE THE APPLICANT SPEAK ON BEHALF OF

THAT. >> I'M TRYING TO GET A GENERAL QUESTION AS WELL AS A SPECIFIC QUESTION IS NOT NECESSARILY ON THIS ONE BUT THE GENERAL QUESTION OF STREET LIGHTING FOR PROJECT SIMILAR TO THIS OR FOR RESIDENTIAL PROJECTS THAT LOOK SIMILAR TO THIS.

WHAT WOULD THE PROBABLE POWER BE WITHIN THE INTERIOR STREETS IT IS IT TOO QUICK.> TYPICALLY FOR RESIDENTIAL IT IS ONE. TWO IS USUALLY FOR COMMERCIAL

AND INDUSTRIAL. >> THANK YOU. >> ANYTHING ELSE QUICK.

>> I HAVE A FEW QUESTIONS. FIRST, THE TRAFFIC STUDY IS REQUIRED?

>> NOT FOR THE SITE BECAUSE THIS WASALREADY APPROVED AS MOBILE MANUFACTURED HOME

COMMUNITY AND ISSUING A REDUCTION IN SITES . >> APPARENTLY THIS IS NOT GOING TO BE IN OVER 55 COMMUNITY AS THEIR ADJACENT PROPERTY IS. SO THERE'S NO PROVISION FOR

SCHOOL BUS STOP? >> I'M NOT AWARE IF IT WILL BE IN OVER 55 COMMUNITY THROUGH THE APPLICANT IS HERE AND THEY CANADDRESS THAT, BUT THEY HAVEN'T EXPRESSED THAT TO US .

>> SINCE THEY ARE GOING TO ALLOW RECREATIONAL VEHICLES, ARE THEY REQUIRED TO BE IN A

SEPARATE SECTION? >> SERVER THE SPECIFIC SITE PLAN, WE ARE ALSO NOT AWARE THAT RECREATIONAL VEHICLES ARE GOING TO BE ON SITE TO REVIEW THEY ARE GOING TO HAVE RECREATIONAL VEHICLES, THEY WOULD HAVE TO BE PUT ON AN OFF-SITE LOCATION.

SO THIS IS JUST FOR MANUFACTURED HOMES. >> I THINK THE DISCUSSION MAY BE COMING FROM THE NO THAT WAS IN THE ITEM THAT INDICATED THAT PART OF THE FACILITY MAY BE RENTAL PROPERTIES. I DON'T THINK THAT WAS MEANT TO BE.

>> I DO BELIEVE, CHAIRMAN, ¦ >> THE OTHER PARTS ALLOW RECREATIONAL VEHICLES.

AND I'M JUST WONDERING IF THIS ONE IS GOING TO BE IN OVER 55 COMMUNITY, WHICH WOULD REQUIRE SCHOOL BUS ãWHICH WOULD NOT REQUIRE SCHOOL BUS STOPS. WERE IF IT IS GOING TO BE UNDER ANYBODY, IN WHICH CASE SCHOOL BUS STOPS SHOULD BE PROVIDED IN PLAYGROUND, I WOULD IMAGINE.

IT'S GOING TO BE IN OVER 55 COMMUNITY LIKE THEIR ADJOINING PROPERTY, WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THEY ARE GOING TO HAVE THE SAME MANAGEMENT TAKING CARE OF BOTH OF THE PROPERTIES.

>> AS FAR AS THE SCHOOL BUS DISCUSSION, THE SCHOOL BOARD DID HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY TO REVIEW THIS AS PART OF THE TECHNICAL REVIEW COMMITTEE AND THE SCHOOL BOARD DID NOT REACH OUT FOR ANY COMMENTS ABOUT SCHOOL BUSES, BUT IT IS SOMETHING WE CAN ENCOURAGE THE APPLICANT TO REACH OUT TO THE SCHOOL BOARD AND TRY TO GET THAT DISCUSSIONGOING AGAIN.

BUT THE SCHOOL BOARD AT THE TIME OF THEIR REVIEW DID NOT REQUIRE ANY SCHOOL BUS STOPS .

>> THE EGRESS OUT OF THIS PROPERTY OFF US ONE IS ãGOING TO CALL IT EDWARDS ROAD EXTENSION IF YOU WILL. AND IT IS SIX, 8000 FEET. OR 100 FEET OFF THE US ONE.

AND IT IS A TWO LANE WITH A MEDIAN. SCHOOL BUSES PRESENTLY OCCASIONALLY DRIVE DOWN IN THEIR AND MAKE U-TURNS AROUND THAT MEDIAN TO COME BACK OUT.

DATE WILL RUN INTO THE CONVENIENCE STORE THAT IS RIGHT THERE.

AND I ASSUME SCHOOL BUSES MAKE U-TURNS SO I DON'T THINK IT WOULD BE AN ISSUE IN TERMS OF A SCHOOL BUS STOP. THAT'S PROBABLY WHY MR. SANDERS ISN'T HERE TODAY.

>> AND I'M SURE WITH THE WAY THE SITE IS LAID OUT, IF THE SCHOOL BOARD BEEN TO THE BUS

STOP I DON'T LIKE IT WOULD BE TOO MUCH OF AN ISSUE. >> ANYTHING ELSE?

>> MR. CHAIR, DID YOU GO TO THE LANDSCAPE PLANTS? CAN YOU GO BACK TO THAT? ! LET ME PULL IT UP BECAUSE I DIDN'T INCLUDE THIS IN THE PRESENTATION. WHAT TO DO THE SPECIFICS IF YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUTIT , AND BRING IT UP. > THE QUESTION I HAD WAS PRELIMINARY LANDSCAPING AROUND THE BORDERS OF THE PROPERTY FOR SOUND AND SITE ETC.. I WANTED TO GET A BETTER HANDLE ON WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THAT. I UNDERSTAND THERE IS A FLORIDA EAST COAST SPUR LOCATED ADJACENT TO THAT, AS WELL AS A DRAINAGE CANAL. SO I JUST WANTED TO SEE WHAT

[00:25:10]

WAS BEING PROPOSED FOR THAT, IS THAT MEETING THE REQUIREMENTS OF THE PLANNING DEPARTMENT CURRENTLY AND WHAT THE DENSITY AND WHAT THE MATERIALS WERE. AND THE APPLICANT MAY BE ABLE

TO ADDRESS THAT. >> THE APPLICANT IS A LANDSCAPE ARCHITECT AND HE DID DO THE

PLANS. >> EVEN BETTER. >> I WILL LET THE APPLICANT DISCUSS SOME OF THAT, BUT I WILL SAY STUFF HAD EXTENSIVE DISCUSSIONS WITH THE APPLICANT ABOUT BUFFERING LANDSCAPING AND OUR INITIAL THOUGHT WAS THE SAME AS YOURS WHERE WE WANTED THEM TO PUT AN EXTENSIVE LANDSCAPEPACKAGE AROUND THE PERIMETER , HOWEVER, WITH DISCUSSION, THERE'S EXISTING VEGETATION THAT DOES BOARD OR AT LEAST THE RAILROAD SITE IN THE SAVANNA SITE. SO THERE WASN'T A NEED TO PUT AN EXTENSIVE LANDSCAPE OVER THERE AFTER FURTHER REVIEW. THE AND ALSO THE PROPERTY THAT BORDERS THEIR SOUTH PORTION OF THE PROPERTY IS A VERY SIMILAR USE. SO THERE WASN'T A NEED TO

BUFFER FROM THAT AS WELL. >> ON US ONE WE HAVE BUFFER AND THEY CAN ADDRESS THE OTHER?

>> THE ONLY PORTION OF THE SITE THAT TOUCHES US ONE IS A CLUBHOUSE SITE.

AND THEY DO HAVE AN EXTENSIVE BUFFER AND I WAS JUST OUT THERE RECENTLY AND IT LOOKS TO BE PRETTY WELL BUFFERED FROM US ONE BECAUSE IT ACTUALLY SET! A CONSIDERABLE AMOUNTOF DISTANT

. >> IS IT YOUR UNDERSTANDING THAT THERE IS NOT REALLY THE NEED TO REINSTALL NEW MATERIAL, THAT THEYWILL BE ABLE TO REJUVENATE THE EXISTING

MATERIAL OR A COMBINATION OF NEW AND OLD? >> YOU WILL BE A COMBINATION OF NEW AND OLD. IS MY UNDERSTANDING THAT ALL THE TREES CURRENTLY ON SITE , RIGHT NOW THE APPLICANT IS GOING TO KEEP UNLESS THEY ARE INVASIVE OR OLD OR DYING.

NOT BE THE DETERMINATION MADE BETWEEN THE PLANNING DEPARTMENT, THE APPLICANT AND

OUR CITY ARBORIST. >> OKAY. SO THAT IS STILL IN THE WORKS WOULD BE SUBJECT TO SOME TYPE OF FOLLOW-UP AGREEMENT WITH THE CITY ARBORIST SUBJECT ME TO THE

PLANNING DEPARTMENT REQUIREMENTS? >> THE WAY IT CURRENTLY READS IN OUR CODE, OUR LANDSCAPE PLANS FROM THE FINAL LANDSCAPE PLAN IS DONE AT THE TIME OF THE BUILDING PERMIT. BUT RIGHT NOW WE ARE DOING MUCH MORE IN THE BEGINNING AND WE ARE GOING ON SITE WITH OUR TREE ARBORIST. AND YOU CAN SEE THE LANDSCAPE

PLAN IS VERY DETAILED IN ITS CONCEPTUAL STATE. >> IT APPEARS TO BE.

I JUST WANTED TO MAKE SURE IT WOULD MEET THE EXISTING CODE AND I THINK IT IS ALSO A GREAT EXERCISE TO HAVE THE ARBORIST GOING THROUGH AND DOING FOLLOW-UP ON THIS.

>> WE ARE REQUIRED TO THE LANDSCAPE BOND TO DO ANNUAL INSPECTIONS, BUT THE WAY WE ARE MANAGING OUR RELATIONSHIP WITH THE TREE ARBORIST, HE ATTENDS ALL OUR PLANNING BOARD STAFF MEETINGS BUT EVERY WEEK WE GO THROUGH THESE PLANS AND WE MAKE AN EFFORT WITH APPLICANTS ON

SITE. >> THERE IS ALSO A BERM THAT GOES AROUND THE CLUBHOUSE SITE.

IT IS MAYBE ONE.AYBE ONE FOOT, TWO FOOT OFF THE GROUND. I NOTICED WHEN I WAS OUT THERE

AS WELL. >> OKAY. ANYTHING FURTHER? I WILL OPEN TO THE PUBLIC MEETING. ANYONE SPEAKING IN FAVOR, WE STEP FORWARD. GIVE US YOUR NAME, YOUR ADDRESS AND SIGN IN, PLEASE.

WHO WAS THAT THAT HAD THE T.V. SHOW ãYOU ARE ALL TOO YOUNG. MR. BYRD REMEMBERS.>> GOOD AFTERNOON CURRENT BRIAN NOLAN REPRESENTING THE APPLICANT. WITH LUCIDO AND ASSOCIATES.

>> ARE YOU ON STAFF HERE AT THE CITY? >> YOU WOULD THINK.

>> YOU WERE HERE AS MUCH AS EVERYBODY ELSE, I THINK. >> BUT THAT IS A GOOD THING FOR

THE CITY. >> IT IS. >> GOOD AFTERNOON.

I APPRECIATE THE OPPORTUNITY BEING HERE. I THINK STAFF FOR THEIR TIME AND ATTENTION TO THIS, AS ALWAYS IT IS A PLEASURE WORKING WITH STAFF AND THEY BRING UP THINGS WE DON'T ALWAYS THINK ABOUT WITH OUR BLINDERS ON. THE PROJECT WAS MADE A BETTER PROJECT IN THE EARLY STAGE PLANNING. TO ADDRESS A FEW OF THE COMMENTS. MR. CHAIRMAN, THE LIGHTING DETAIL THAT IS INCLUDED ON THE SITE PLAN IS MORE OR LESS A GENERIC DETAILED. LIVE CAM CONSULTING, WHO DOES A LOT OURLIGHTING PLANS . THEY WERE BROUGHT ON, THEY RAN PRELIMINARY METRICS ON THE SIT TO GIVE A ONE MINIMUM ãA 1 TO 5 AVERAGE OR A ONE MINIMUM. AND THAT WAS THEIR PRELIMINARY

[00:30:07]

SPACING. BUT WHEN WE GET IN THE DETAILED PLAN TO SELECT THE POOL, THOSE LOCATIONS MAY HAVE TO SHIFT BASED ON THOSE CALCULATIONS. MR. CHAIRMAN, MS. BAKER TO YOUR POINT, WE DID HAVE A PRE-APPLICATION MEETING WITH F DOT.AND THEY GAVE US A CONDITIONAL APPROVAL. THERE IS SOME SIGNALING STATION EQUIPMENT THROUGH THERE ARE TWO PARCELS OF LAND THAT SEPARATE US IN THE US ONE RIGHT-OF-WAY. THE CITY OWNS A SLIVER AND THE COUNTY OWNS A SLIVER AND DOT IS INTERESTED IN OBTAINING THE LAND BECAUSE THEIR SIGNAL ADJACENT EQUIPMENT STRADDLES THE CITY PARCEL IN THE COUNTY PARCEL.

SO THOSE WERE, FROM WHAT I CAN TRACE BACK KIND OF A QUIET SITE RIGHT AWAY DESIGNATION.

BUT IT WAS NEVER FULLY DEEDED OVER TO DOT. I BELIEVE YOUR CITY WORK PROVIDED BACK FROM THE 60S, I THINK, DOCUMENTATION ON THE TWO PIECES OF LAND.

IN ANY EVENT, WE ARE NOT INCREASING THE TRIP GENERATION. THIS IS HISTORICALLY BEEN A MANUFACTURED MOBILE HOME COMMUNITY. WE DECREASE THE DENSITY AND WE DID OUR PRE-APPLICATION MEETING ALREADY WITH FLORIDA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION AND THEY GAVE US CONDITIONAL APPROVAL. ON THE LANDSCAPING, THERE'S A SIGNIFICANT BUFFER ALONG THE RAILWAY. I DON'T KNOW IS A PROFESSIONAL, I DON'T THINK I CAN TELL YOU THERE'S ANYTHING WE CAN DO TO QUIET A TRAIN. BUT THE VEGETATION THAT IS THERE IS FAIRLY SIGNIFICANT. WE DIDN'T FEEL IT NEEDED IN THE SUPPLEMENTING ALONG THE NORTH BOUNDARY.E ARE GOING TO SUPPLEMENT ALONG THE SOUTH BOUNDARY EVEN THOUGH THAT A SANDHILL SHORES THROUGH THAT'S OUR SISTER COMMUNITY OWNED BY THE OWNER OF THIS COMMUNITY AS WELL BUT WE DO PROVIDE A LANDSCAPE BUFFER BETWEEN US AND THEM.

AND THEN ON THE EAST, ON THE SAVANNA STATUS SO HEAVILY VEGETATED AND THERE IS A SMALL CANAL BETWEEN US ON THE PROPERTY LINE SO WE FELT THERE REALLY WASN'T MUCH NEED IN SPENDING THE RESOURCES TO PUT LANDSCAPE MATERIAL THERE. SO WE DID WAS FOCUS LANDSCAPE MATERIAL ON OVER-THE-TOP CLUBHOUSE LANDSCAPE TREATMENT BECAUSE IT IS BUFFERING US ONE HEAR THE SITE HAS BEEN UNSIGHTLYFOR A NUMBER OF YEARS .

SO WE TOOK THAT OPPORTUNITY TO PUT AN OWNER CLUBHOUSE, A POOL PATIO, OUTDOOR KITCHEN, AND ACTIVE PLAY AREA BECAUSE THIS IS NOT A 55 IN THE COMMUNITY. WE HAVE A HALF-COURT BASKETBALL COURT COULD BE ACCOMMODATED FOR BACK THERE. AND THEN YOU CAN SEE IN THE LANDSCAPE PLANS ARE PRETTY SIGNIFICANT LANDSCAPE TREATMENT FOR THAT AREA ALONG US ONE.

I DID HAVE A SHORT PRESENTATION. OKAY.

NEXT SLIDE. SO WE HAVE THE OWNER APPLICANT HERE.

WITH THE US COMMUNITIES. WE ALSO HAVE OUR CIVIL ENGINEER WITH ABA ENGINEERS HERE IN CASE THERE ARE ANY CIVIL ENGINEERING RELATED QUESTIONS. I THINK WE ARE FAMILIAR WITH WHERE THE SITE IS IMMEDIATELY ADJACENT TO THE FCC SISTER TO OUR ADJACENT COMMUNITY.ORAL SHOPS IS NORTH OF US FOR ORIENTATION. NEXT.

HERE YOU CAN START TO SEE ON THE SLIDE A LOT OF THE EXISTING BUFFER ALONG THE NORTH AND EAST PROPERTY LINE.THE BUFFER THAT DOES EXIST ALONG THE SOUTH PROPERTY LINE IS MAINLY INVASIVE AND THAT WILL GET RIPPED OUT WITH THE SITE WORK AS WE MIGHT REMOVE THE INVASIVE EXOTICS. AND YOU CAN ALSO SEE THE EXISTING ROADWAY NETWORK ANTERIOR DRIVEWAY PADS AND ETC. THE SITES 31.1 ACRES. IT'S VACANT BETWEEN RM, OR FOUR. 202 UNITS, WHICH IS A 6 1/2 UNITS PER ACRE.

AROUND 40 PERCENT OF THE SITE IS GOING TO BE IMPERVIOUS AND 57 PERCENT WILL BE IMPERVIOUS AFTER CONSTRUCTION.WE WILL RE-HAVE THE EXISTING UTILITIES FOR THE WATERWAY STORMWATER ELECTRICAL STORM FROM HER WILL HAVE TO BE INVESTIGATED. WE WILL RESURFACE THEINTERNAL DRIVERS TO MINIMUM PAVEMENT WITH OF 20 FEET . ALONG WITH THE INSTALLATION OF BRINGING IN THE NEW MANUFACTURED HOMES, WE WILL BE BUILDING NEW PADS.

ACROSS ROCK BASE AND ANCHORING SYSTEMS THAT WOULD OBVIOUSLY MEET THE CURRENT FLORIDA BUILDING CODES FOR WIND STORM EVENTS. WE WILL BE INSTALLING FOUR FEET

[00:35:09]

CONCRETE SIDEWALKS AROUND ONE SIDE OF THE INTERNAL DRIVE. HAT WAS SOMETHING WE SPOKE ABOUT WITH STAFF TRIBUTE WE ARE UNDER AN EXISTING WATER MANAGEMENT PRODUCT THAT WE CAN EXCEED A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF IMPERVIOUS AREA. SO WE WERE ABLE TO KNOCK SOME OF THE EXISTING IMPERVIOUS DOWN AND INCORPORATE THE SIDEWALKS. THINK THAT WAS A BIG POSITIVE.

AS MENTIONED, WE WILL PLACE THE STREET LIGHTING AND RENOVATE THE CLUBHOUSE.

A DECENT SIZED CLUBHOUSE FOR A COMMUNITY OF THE SIDE. ONLY 202 UNITS AT 630 SQUARE FEET WITH A NEW POOLS PATIO AREA, OUTDOOR KITCHEN, SIMILAR TO THE SISTER COMMUNITY TO THE SOUTH OF US. WE SPOKE ABOUT THE LANDSCAPE AND BUFFERING.

IS A PART OF THE SITE WORK WE WILL BE REQUIRED TO REMOVE ALL EXOTICS.

THIS PROJECT DID GO BEFORE THE BOARD OF ADJUSTMENT LAST MONTH. AND THIS WAS MAINLY DEALING WITH, I THINK TO PUT IT LIGHTLY, I THINK ANTIQUATED SECTIONS OF THE CODE THAT REFERENCED MOBILE HOME PARKS. THE 30 FOOT ROADWAYS, REQUIREMENT OF CENTRAL LAUNDRY FACILITIES. THOSE WILL BE HOME WAS MUCH LIKE A SINGLE-FAMILY HOME.

SO THESE THINGS REALLY WEREN'T APPLICABLE TO THIS COMMUNITY. AND WE ARE THANKFUL THE BOARD OF ADJUSTMENT SARRADE AS WELL NEXT SLIDE. THIS IS JUST A SNAPSHOT OF THE SITE PLAN ENTERING IN OF US ONE THROUGH AN ACCESS EASEMENT. WE DIDN'T HAVE ANY CONVERSATIONS WITH MR. SANDERS AT THE SCHOOL DISTRICT ABOUT THE SCHOOL BUSES, BUT I TOO HAVE SEEN SCHOOL BUSES DO YOU TERMS IN THAT AREA. SO I DON'T THINK MR. SANDERS WILL HAVE ANY ISSUES WITH SCHOOL BUSES, HOWEVER, IT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA FOR US TO REACH OUT TO MR. SANDERS AND MAKE SURE HE IS OKAY WITH THAT. I KNOW JUST FROM DEALING WITH MARTY, MR. SANDERS FOR SO LONG, HE WILL WANT BUSES OFF HE WAS ONE WHO THEY WILL NOT WANT TO STOP ON US ONE. MICAH SAID, I HINK WE CAN ACCOMMODATE THAT JUST FINE.

BUT WE WILL CERTAINLY REACH OUT TO MR. SANDERS. AGAIN, ANOTHER BACK HALF OF THE SITE PLAN. WE ARE COORDINATING WITH ST. LUCIE COUNTY TO CONNECT TO THE SAVANNA. IT LOOKS LIKE THAT WILL BE A LITTLE COMPLICATED.

BECAUSE THEY HAVE A CONTROLLED ACCESS TO THE SAVANNA. I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE SIMPLE.

NOT SO. MUCH LIKE EVERYTHING. BUT WE ARE TRYING.

WE WILL SEE IF WE CAN ACCOMMODATE THAT OR NOT. WE WILL SEE WHERE THAT GOES.

BUT IT IS OUR INTENT WE WOULD LIKE TO DO THAT. AGAIN, THIS WAS UP EARLIER.

THIS IS KIND OF THE REHAB OF THE AMENITIES SITE TO INCLUDE A MAINTENANCE BUILDING, THE HALF-COURT BASKETBALL, PLAY AREA, POOL PATIO, OUTDOOR KITCHEN AND A PRETTY SUBSTANTIAL LANDSCAPE BUFFER ALONG US ONE TO SPRUCE ALL THAT UP.AND HERE ARE SOME CONCEPTUAL ARCHITECTURAL ELEVATIONS. REHAB BRENTWOOD OF BRA ARCHITECTURE AND STEWART AS OUR ARCHITECT. HE DOES A LOT OF WORK IN THE CITY. AND HE KINDA TOOK SOME FREEWHEELING AND KIND OF HIT THIS ON THE HEAD FROM THE BEGINNING AND HAD A WHOLE NEW CONCEPT FOR IT, WHICH WE ARE REALLY EXCITED ABOUT. AND THEN YOU SEE THE SOUTH ELEVATION OF WHAT YOU WOULD SEE FACING THE PARKING LOT. AND THEN A TYPICAL TIMELINE, I LIKE TO INCLUDE THIS SO THE BOARDS KNOW HOW MUCH PROCESSING TIME AND HOW EFFICIENT YOUR STAFF IS BEING.

IN JANUARY WE HAD A PRE-APPLICATION MEETING AND THEN YOU CAN SEE IT TOOK ABOUT FIVE OR SIX MONTHS AND WE MADE OUR INITIAL SUBMITTAL. NOT EVEN A MONTH LATER WE ARE AT TRC. THEN YOU CAN SEE IN AUGUST WE HAD OUR F DOT RELET.

THERE WAS A LITTLE BIT OF LAG THERE IN THE BOARD OF ADJUSTMENT IN AUGUST AND THEN SEPTEMBER 14 WE RESUBMITTED AND WE ARE HERE IN FRONT OF YOU TODAY.

SO YOU CAN SEE IT WAS A PRETTY SMOOTH PROCESS COULD A LOT OF HURDLES BUT EVERYTHING FELL INTO PLACE PRETTY SEQUENTIALLY AND FOR EVERYTHING WE HAVE ALREADY DONE, BOARD OF ADJUSTMENT, F DOT ETC. I THINK THIS CRUISED ALONG PRETTY WELL. AND I'M AVAILABLE TO ANSWER ANY

QUESTIONS. >> ARE YOU HAPPY WITH THE PROCESS COMING THROUGH FORT PIERCE IS GOVERNMENT ON THIS PROJECT? YOU WORK ON A LOT OF PROJECTS SO I'M JUST REFERRING TO THIS ONE. WHATEVER PROJECTS WORK WE ARE STILL UNDER PUBLIC HEARING. YEAH, IT'S A GOOD PROCESS. EXIT ON THE DEVELOPMENT REVIEW COMMITTEE THAT WE MEET WITH THE CITY OF FORT PIERCE, ST. LUCIE COUNTY AND CITY OF PORT ST.

LUCIE COULD I THINK TREASURE COAST BUILDERS ASSOCIATION, ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL,

[00:40:01]

THE CHAMBER AND THEN THERE IS MYSELF AND I THINK TWO OR THREE OTHER PRIVATE SECTOR PLANNERS.

ONE IS AN ATTORNEY AND ANOTHER IS A PLANNER. WE HAVE EVALUATED OVER THE PAST YEARS NOW. AND FORT PIERCE HAS VERY LITTLE TO CHANGE REALLY THAT WE CAN SEE FROM THE BUSINESS COMMUNITY STANDPOINT OF PROCESSING, BUILDING PERMITS AND COMING IN AND OPENING UP A NEW BUSINESS TO MY CLIENTS NOW YOU ARE TRYING TO DO THE DEVELOPMENT.

IT IS PRETTY SMOOTH. AND HAS ALWAYS BEEN. THERE BEEN ROCKY ROADS, THAT WE NOW YOU HAVE A VERY GOOD ADMINISTRATION AND A GOOD BOARD PRINT AND THINK FOR THE THIRD FLOOR DOWN I THINK IT IS PRETTY SMOOTH. ! I'M GLAD TO HEAR THAT. I GET COMMENTS, BOTH NEGATIVE AND POSITIVE, ALL THE TIME FROM THE COMMUNITY AT LARGE. I LIKE TO HAVE THE POSITIVE COMMENTS COMING BACK FROM PEOPLE LIKE YOURSELF. THE OWNERS OF THIS PROPERTY, YOUR EXPERIENCE IS COMING IN.

AND I THINK IT IS SOMETHING OR CITIZEN TREE THAT MAY BE ONLINE OR ON T.V. TODAY WATCHING THIS MEETING NEEDS TO HEAR SOME OF THAT. THAT THE PROCESSES THROUGH FORT PIERCE IS RELATIVELY SMOOTH AND EASY. WE TRY TO DO THAT WITH THE INTRODUCTION OF JENNIFER INTO OUR PLANNING DEPARTMENT AND JOEY HOW SHE HAS BEEN RECONFIGURING THE PLANNING DEPARTMENT AND MAKING THINGS RUN SMOOTHER THERE. THINK SOME HICCUPS THAT MAY HAVE BEEN EXPERIENCED IN THE PAST HAS PRETTY MUCH GONE AWAY.

AND IT IS NOT NECESSARILY THAT IT WAS EVER SO MUCH PERSONNEL RELATED AS IT WAS PERHAPS ADMINISTRATIVELY RELATED. THAT IT IS BECOME MUCH EASIER IS WHAT I'M GETTING FROM EVERYBODY. AND I LIKE TO HEAR THAT. WILL OPEN TO COMMENTS FROM THE

BOARD. >> HAS THERE BEEN ANY DISCUSSION AT ALL ABOUT THE POTENTIAL OF LIMITED ACCESS TO THE PROJECT ITSELF?> IT WILL NOT BE GATED, IF THAT'S WHAT

YOU ARE ASKING. >> HASN'T BEEN ANY DISCUSSION AT ALL?

>> NO. THE COMMUNITY TO THE SOUTH IS GATED FROM THIS ONE WILL NOT BE

GATED. >> IS THERE ANY REASON WHY YOU ARE CHOOSING NOT TO?

FOR THE SAFETY AND WELFARE OF THE RESIDENCE? >> NOT THAT I AM AWARE OF.

CRAIG WITH THE COMMUNITIES CAN ADDRESS THAT, BUT. >> I KNOW THAT ãI READ HERE THAT THE HOMESITES ARE GOING TO BE ATLEAST . IF I HAD A OPPORTUNITY TO LIVE IN A LEASED PROPERTY, A GATED COMMUNITY VERSUS A NON-GATED COMMUNITY AND THE PRICES WERE

APPROXIMATELY THE SAME, I KNOW WHERE I WOULD END UP. >> THAT'SUNDERSTANDABLE.

SOME PEOPLE LIKE LIVING IN A GATED COMMUNITY . PERSONALLY I DON'T LIVE IN A GATED COMMUNITY. IT IS JUST A PERSONAL PREFERENCE.

BUT YES, THE SITES WILL BE LEASED, THE UNITS CAN BE EITHER OWNED OR RENTED FROM YES COMMUNITIES. AND THEIR GOAL IS TO HAVE EVERYONE ON THEIR OWN UNIT.

THEY WOULD RATHER NOT BE IN THE BUSINESS OF RENTING MANUFACTURED HOMES.

ON THIS REALLY FILLS A GOOD MARKET TO REDUCE MANUFACTURED HOME COMMUNITIES ARE ACTUALLY

KIND OF SPROUTING UP. >> IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO STEP FORWARD, IT LOOKS LIKE YOU ARE A LITTLE ANTSY AND WOULD LIKE TO ENTER INTO THE MEETING. IT IS JUST US.

THERE'S NOBODY ELSE HERE. SOME GOING TO MAKE THIS A LITTLE BIT MORE LAX AND ACCOMMODATE MORE THAN ONE AT THE PODIUM AT ONE TIME BUT IF YOU JUST GIVE US YOUR NAME AND

ADDRESS AND SIGN IN AND THEN WE CAN MOVE FORWARD. >> THANK YOU.

CRAIG SHELF WITH A AS COMMUNITIES IN MY OFFICE AT 6505 NICK ARTHUR BOULEVARD AND IRVING TEXAS REPRESENTING THE AS COMMUNITIES HERE, WHICH IS A NATIONAL COMPANY HERE.

WE DO ON THE PROPERTY TO THE SOUTH, SANDHILL SHORES. AND ACTUALLY PURCHASE ONE AT THE SAME TIME WE PURCHASED THIS ONE, WHICH WAS VACANT.E ARE NOT TRYING TO GET BACK UP AND OPERATIONAL FOR US HERE. I DO WANT TO SAY TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION REGARDING RV USAGE.

IT WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR RV VEHICLES. STRICTLY MANUFACTURED HOUSING IS ALL WE INTEND TO USE THIS PROPERTY FOR. WE WILL OWN THE PROPERTY BUT WE DO ENCOURAGE OUR RESIDENT TO OWN THEIR OWN HOMES AND WE HAVE A PROGRAM IN PLACE ACTUALLY PROMOTE THAT AND ENCOURAGE THE SOMETIMES LEAST OWN PROGRAM COULD BE OF SEVERAL DIFFERENT VEHICLES WE CAN USE FOR THAT PURPOSE. REGARDING, I WILL SAY THE GATED

[00:45:02]

COMMUNITY. THAT IS SOMETHING WE CAN DO. WE HAVE DONE IT AND SOME OTHERS.BVIOUSLY THE ONE RIGHT NEXT DOOR. IN THE SITUATION WE ARE NOT SURE IF IT IS NECESSARY OR NOT. WE DO HAVE ON-SITE MANAGEMENT WE HAVE CONSTANT SURVEILLANCE OF THE COMMUNITY AND HOW IT IS BEING OPERATED. WE ACTUALLY MAKE DAILY INSPECTIONS AND NOTICES OF VIOLATIONS OF IMPACT WE SEE THE RESIDENCE OR NOT MAINTAINING THE PROPERTY IN THE FRONTAGE THE WAY THEY ARE REQUIRED TO. SO BECAUSE WE HAVE CONSTANT VISUAL REVIEW OF WHAT IS GOING ON OUT THERE, WE REALLY GET INTO SITUATIONS WE HAVE MUCH OF A SECURITY ISSUE. BUT EVERY PROPERTY IS DIFFERENT, EVERY COMMUNITY HAS ITS OWN THROUGH THIS IS SOMETHING WE WILL CERTAINLY LOOK AT AND CONSIDER.

AND IF THERE IS A NEED FOR THAT, MORE THAN HAPPY TO LOOK INTO DOING SOMETHING DIFFERENT.

>> YOU WOULD KNOW TO REAPPLY FOR ANYTHING TO GATE THE COMMUNITY, WOULD YOU? OR MAYBE STAFF CAN ANSWER THAT. IF THEY CHOOSE TO BUILD THE PROPERTY, THEN SIX MONTHS LATER THEY SAY WE OUGHT TO PUT A GATE UP ON THE RESIDENCE COME TO YOU AND SAY YOU EVER THOUGHT ABOUT

PUTTING GATES OF. THAT KIND OF STUFF.>> THAT WOULD REQUIRE A BUILDING

PERMIT. WE WOULD REVIEW IT. >> IT WOULD BE SOMETHING SIMPLE

AND. >> CORRECT. >> OKAY.

THAT'S AMAZING THEY WERE LOOKING FOR SOMETHING SIMPLE BUT ALSO LOOK FOR THE ASPECT.

I RECENTLY BOUGHT INTO A GATED COMMUNITY AND I LIVE IN AN HOA WITHOUT A GATED COMMUNITY.

I LIVE IN BOTH COULD I TELL YOU WHAT, I DON'T HAVE TO WORRY TOO MUCH ABOUT WHO IS WANDERING THROUGH MY NEIGHBORHOOD IN THE GATED COMMUNITY BECAUSE IT IS USUALLY A NEIGHBOR AS COMPARED TO THE OTHER ONE IS USUALLY SOMEONE FROM THE OUTSIDE WANDERING THROUGH.

>> CERTAINLY. AND HAVING ONLY ONE WAY IN ONE WAY OUT GIVES THE ADDITIONAL BENEFIT HERE. DOESN'T TAKE VERY LONG BEFORE OUR MANAGEMENT AND EVEN RESIDENTS KNOW EXACTLY IF SOMEONE IS A RESIDENT OR BELONGS THERE OR DOESN'T BELONG THERE. AND QUITE OFTEN WE GET PHONE CALLS BACK IN THE OFFICE IF THERE IS SOMETHING UNUSUAL GOING ON IN THEIR OPINION. ABSOLUTELY.

>> I HAVE A QUESTION. YOUR HURRICANE PREPAREDNESS AT YOUR EXISTING PLACED ON THEIR HAS BEEN REMARKABLE. WAS VERY PLEASED TO SEE WHAT YOU FOLKS HAVE BEEN DOING DOWN THERE. HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT YOUR CLUBHOUSES.

BOTH OF THEM, ACTUALLY. ARE THEY OPEN TO YOUR RESIDENCE DURING HURRICANES DURING AN

EVACUATION? >> THEY ARE OPEN IF THEY ARE RATED AS A HURRICANE SHELTER.

>> ARE YOU PLANNING TO ãWHEN YOU ARE REDOING THIS CLUBHOUSE, AND YOU PLANNING TO PUT

GENERATORS AND THINGS IN AND GET THEM RATED? >> I NEEDED TO CHECK IN WITH OUR ARCHITECT BUT NOT THAT I'M AWARE OF BUT I DON'T BELIEVE THAT ISSUE HAS EVEN BEEN DISCUSSED AT THIS STAGE. WE KNOW WHAT WE WANT TO DO THE LOOK OF THE FACILITY AND THE IMPROVEMENTS HERE, BUT AS FAR AS MAKING IT A HURRICANE SHELTER, I DON'T THINK WE HAVE

ACTUALLY GOTTEN INTO THAT. >> SO THEN YOU WOULD CLOSE IT DOWN DURING AN EVACUATION.

>> NORMALLY SO, YES. UNLESS IT WAS RATED AS A SHELTER.

DON'T THINK THAT SHELTER ISSUE HAS COME UP AS BEING A REQUIREMENT OF THE STAGE.

I CAN TELL YOU THAT THE STRUCTURE OF THE WEIGHT WAS ORIGINALLY BUILT AND IS IN FACT

WRECKING CREW. IS ABOUT THE ONLY THING THAT IS LEFT.>> ANYTHING ELSE! JUST ONE QUESTION. ASSUMING YOU MAKE IT THE PLANNING BOARD, WHEN YOU PLAN TO START CONSTRUCTION.> IF WE ARE ABLE TO GET THROUGH COMMISSION HERE THIS COMING MONTH HERE, OUR INTENTION IS TO GO AHEAD AND JUMP INTO ENGINEERING DESIGN WORK WHICH WE EXPECT WILL BE FINISHED UP BY THE EARLY PART OF THIS COMING YEAR WE WILL START

CONSTRUCTION IN THE FIRST QUARTER OF 2021. >> EXCELLENT.

THINKING. >> VERY GOOD. AND YOU ARE FROM IRVING?

>> TECHNICALLY AM FROM WICHITA FALLS TEXAS. THAT'S MY HOMETOWN.

BUT MYOFFICE IS IN IRVING TEXAS, THAT'S CORRECT . >> VERY GOOD.

THANK YOU. >> I'M SURE ALL OF US ON THE COMMISSION, AS WELL AS THE CITY AS A WHOLE, THANK YOU FOR COMING BACK TO FORT PIERCE AND FINISHING OFF YOUR PROJECT.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH. >> WE HOPE WE CAN DO A GOOD BENEFIT FOR THE CITY IN GETTING

THIS PROPERTY BACK UP AND RUNNING. >> ON NEW MANY PEOPLE USED TO LIVE THERE WHEN IT WAS PLEASURE COVID WAS A FINE COMMUNITY THEN AND I'M SURE WITH THE ADDITIONS YOU ARE GOING TO BE DOING THAT IT WILL COME BACK ONCE AGAIN TO BE EVEN FINER.

>> WE THINK SO. AND I HOPE YOU'RE NOT OBJECTING TO THE NAME CHANGE AT ALL.E FELT WE HAD TO.> WELL, THAT WAS SOMETHING I THOUGHT ABOUT.

ABOUT IT LONG AND HARD OURSELVES. >> AND DIDN'T KNOW IT WAS PLEASURE COVID. I THOUGHT IT WAS ONE OF THE STREETS IN THERE BUT I THOUGHT IT WAS LEISURE COVE. BUT WHEN YOU MENTIONED PLEASURE COVE.

SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO CHANGE THE NAME. THE LADIES DO IT ALL THE TIME WHEN THEY GET MARRIED. SO WHAT CAN A DEVELOPMENT.

>> WE HAVE TO CHANGE WITH THE TIMES AND BE FLEXIBLE. THANK YOU.

>> ALL RIGHT IF YOU THINK YOU. >> THANK YOU VERY MUCH. I DON'T HAVE ANY MORE QUESTIONS OR ãIF YOU DON'T HAVE ANY MORE QUESTIONS.> I THINK WE HAVE WORN YOU OUT.

>> THANK YOU. >> THANK YOU. AND BEIN THERE IS NO ONE HERE

[00:50:02]

TO OBJECT I DON'T BELIEVE, YOU ALL ARE WITH THIS FELLOW SO YOU CAN'T BE OBJECTING.

OKAY. FURTHER DISCUSSION FROM THE BOARD?

I WILL ENTERTAIN A MOTION. >> I MOVE APPROVAL OF THE CONDITION.

>> SECOND. >> APPROVAL BY MS. JOHNSON SCOTT AND SECOND BY MR. LEE.

CALLED THE ROLL, PLEASE.

FIRST WAS MISS BAKER. NOT MS. JOHNSON. JUST SO AND IS INCORRECT.

>> SEE, I CAN MAKE IT THROUGH A MEETING. I APOLOGIZE.

>> I WAS WAITING FOR HIM TO READ I KNEW IT WAS COMING. >> TEACHER BUT BEST SHOT.

NEXT ITEM ON THE AGENDA IS PUBLIC COMMENTS AND IT LOOKS LIKE ALL OF MY PUBLIC IS LEAVING SO THERE'S NOT GOING TO BE ANY PUBLIC COMMENTS. NEXT IS THE DIRECTORS REPORT.

[8. DIRECTOR'S REPORT]

>> CHAIRMAN AND MEMBERS OF THE BOARD, BUT I DO HAVE FOR HANDOUTS THIS AFTERNOON.

THIS WAS A CONDITION OF OUR EVALUATION APPRAISAL REPORT FOR OUR CONFERENCE OF PLAN ADOPTED IN 2019 AND IT IS TO INCORPORATE THE UPDATED WATER SUPPLY PLAN INTO OUR COMPREHENSIVE PLAN. WHAT I WILL BE HANDING OUT BUT HE MENTIONED THAT ONE OF THE PREVIOUS BOARD MEETINGS THAT YOU WANTED TO SEE IN THE CHANGES IN ADVANCE.AVE MORE TIME TO LOOK THROUGH THIS AND IT IS THE ORDINANCE ADOPTING AND IT IS A STRIKETHROUGH AND UNDERLINE FROM 2012 TO 2020 FOR THE WATER SUPPLY PLAN. BUT INCLUDES THE PLAN.

SO I WILL BE HANDING THIS OUT FOR YOU ALL SO YOU CAN READ IT AT YOUR LEISURE AND WE WILL BE BRINGING THIS TO THE BOARD FOR CONSIDERATION AT YOUR NEXT MEETING UNDER THE LOCAL

PLANNING AGENCY REVIEW. >> ONE QUESTION ON THAT. IS NOT THE ONLY REQUIREMENT THAT THE STATE SENT BACK ON THE CAMP PRINCE OF PLAN TO MODIFY QUICK.

>> THAT RELATES THE CONFERENCE OF PLAN, YES BOGAN THE OTHER ONES WE ARE DOING THAT ARE CODE AMENDMENTS. PURSUANT TO THE FLORIDA STATUTES, ANYTHING THAT IS RELATED TO THE COMPREHENSIVE PLAN THAT IMPACTS OUR LAND DEVELOPMENT REGULATIONS HAVE TO BE ADOPTED WITHIN 12 MONTHS. WE WILL BE BRINGING FORWARD FOR CONFERENCE AGENDA ITEM ON NOVEMBER SOME OF OUR AMENDMENTS AS IT RELATES TO ãLIKE WE ARE INTRODUCING A NEW MIXED-USE CATEGORY BECAUSE WE HAVE A FUTURE LAND USE MIXED-USE CATEGORY, BUT WE DO NOT HAVE A ZONING DISTRICT REGULATION OR ZONING DISTRICT IMPLEMENT THAT. SO THAT IS ONE.

REALLY, WE HAVE ADDRESSED ALL OF OUR AMENDMENTS TO OUR CONFERENCE AND PLANS TO BE COMPREHENSIVE WITH THE STATES BUT ONCE YOU REINTRODUCE THAT INFORMATION IT GOES IN THE

FINAL. >> WE ARE GOOD UNTIL OUR NEXT EVALUATION APPRAISAL REPORT.

>> THANK YOU. >> EXCELLENT.AND I WOULD GUESS THAT MS. CARRERA WAS ã

HAD HER FINGERPRINTS ON THIS. >> THIS IS HER BABY. >> VERY GOOD.

OKAY. I HAVEN'T SEEN HER IN A WHILE. >> SHE IS ACTUALLY ãYOU WILL BE SEEN HER. SHE IS DOING ALL OUR CODE AMENDMENTS.

>> WAS KIND OF CONCERN MAYBE YOU HAD A CELL DOOR ON HER OFFICE WHERE YOU DON'T LET HER

OUT ANYMORE. >> SHE IS OUR EXPERT ON THAT. SHE IS IN CHARGE OF THAT.

RIGHT. ANYTHING FURTHER? >> THAT IS IT.

[9. BOARD COMMENTS]

>> OKAY. ON THE BOARD COMMENTS, THE FIRST THING I WOULD LIKE TO DO AND I'M NOT GOING TO GO INTO ANY GREAT DETAIL. NOT GOING TO GO INTO ANY GREAT DETAIL, BUT AFTER DISCUSSION, THE DECISION WAS MADE COLLECTIVELY BETWEEN THE BOARD AND THE PLANNING DEPARTMENT OR AT LEAST THE VICE CHAIR AND PLANNING DEPARTMENT TO WITHDRAW WHAT WE WERE ORIGINALLY GOING TO RECOMMEND AS CONDITIONAL, AS ITEMS FOR CONDITIONAL USE ON SHORT-TERM RENTALS SO THAT FURTHER CONSIDERATION CAN BE GIVEN TO THOSE ITEMS. SMALL WHICH NEEDED, WE FELT LIKE WE NEED TO POSSIBLY LOOK AT FROM A LEGAL STANDPOINT BOGAN SO THAT IS ALL BEING WORKED ON. IT WAS REMOVED FROM THE SEPTEMBER 14TH CITY COMMISSION AGENDA CONFERENCE AGENDA. AND IT WAS TO SHOW BACK UP, I BELIEVE, TODAY'S THE 13TH. YESTERDAY FOR THE CONFERENCE AGENDA, WHICH WAS CANCELED.SO WE HAVE NOT DONE ANYTHING TO PRESENT THAT TO THE COMMISSION. I THINK MR. BRODRICK HAS

[00:55:03]

SOMETHING HE WANTED TO SPEAK TO IN RELATIONSHIP TO THAT BRIEFLY.

>> YES. THE LAST PLANNING BOARD MEETING, THE BOARD REQUESTED I SPEARHEAD THAT PRESENTATION TO THE CITY COMMISSION. IN PREPARATION FOR THE PRESENTATION, I TOOK THE OPPORTUNITY TO DO A SIGNIFICANT AMOUNT OF INVESTIGATORY WORK.

WHERE THINGS ARE AT, WHAT OTHER MUNICIPALITIES AND COUNTIES ARE DOING.

SUBSEQUENTLY THERE ARE FOLLOW-UP CONVERSATIONS BETWEEN JENNIFERAND MYSELF .

PLANNING DIRECTOR RELATIVE TO WHERE WE FIND OURSELVES IN THIS EVER-CHANGING LANDSCAPE OF VACATION RENTALS. AND I WILL QUICKLY JUST GIVE YOU THE MAGNITUDE OF THIS ISSU . SO MAYBE YOU CAN HAVE A BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF WHAT OUR CONCERNS WERE IN OUR PRESENTATION TO THE CITY COMMISSION.

OVERALL IN THE STATE OF FLORIDA THE VACATION RENTAL INDUSTRY IS OVER A $20 BILLION ANNUAL GENERATION REVENUE DIRECT AND INDIRECT REVENUE INTO THE STATE OF FLORIDA.

TAX DOLLARS COLLECTED FROM VACATION RENTALS CURRENTLY REPRESENTS FOUR PERCENT OF THE STATE OF FLORIDA INCOME ON AN ANNUAL BASIS. YOU CAN SEE WHAT THE LEGISLATOR IS FOCUSING SO MUCH ATTENTION ON THIS. HERE IS THE SHOCKING THING.

THE GROWTH RATE CURRENTLY IS 100 PERCENT PER YEAR. SO THIS CERTAINLY ISN'T DIMINISHING AND CONTINUING TO EXPAND EXPONENTIALLY. DURING THE COVID CRISIS, HOTEL POCCUPANCY DROPPED BY 85 PERCENT. VACATION RENTAL OCCUPANCY DID NOT DROP. IT FLATLINED BUT IT WASN'T ON THE CONTINUED GROWTH CURVE, VACATE VACATION RENTALS WERE RENTING IS COMMONLY AS THEY WERE PRIOR TO COVID.

IN OTHER WORDS, PEOPLE THAT WERE STILL TRAVELING OR NOT CHOOSING TO OPT FOR PRIVATE HOMES AND CONDOMINIUMS AND THINGS OF THIS NATURE TO STAY OUT OF THE CONGREGATE LIVING OF THE HOTEL ENVIRONMENT. CURRENTLY IN THE CITY OF FORT PIERCE.

THIS WAS A SHOCK TO ME. THIS INFORMATION CAME FROM AN OUTSIDE SOURCE THAT MONITORS THESE TYPE OF ACTIVITIES.N THIS PARTICULAR COMPANY I GOT THIS INFORMATION FROM IS CURRENTLY DOING CONSULTING WORK ON THE VACATION RENTAL INDUSTRY FOR INDIAN RIVER COUNTY AND FOR MARK AND COUNTY. I PARTICIPATED IN A WEBINAR THAT IS DESIGNED FOR PLANNING STAFF THAT THE PLANNING DIRECTOR AND FORWARDED TO ME TO SIT THROUGH.

AND THE END RESULT OF THAT REPORT AT THE END OF THE PRESENTATION WAS THAT CURRENTLY ON ALL THE DIFFERENT PLATFORMS OR ADVERTISEMENT, ONLINE ADVERTISEMENT.

AND THERE ARE MANY.E ALL KNOW ABOUT AIR B&B AND HOMEAWAY ETC. IS THE BIG ONES.

WITH A NUMBER OF VACATION RENTALS CURRENTLY BEING ADVERTISED AVAILABLE IN THE CITY OF FORT PIERCE IS 670. LET THAT SINK IN FOR A MINUTE TO READ I'M GOING TO SUGGEST YOU VACATION RENTALS ARE LICENSED TO DO BUSINESS IN THE CITY OF FORT PIERCE I'M GOING TO BE GENEROUS HERE AND SAY MAYBE 10 PERCENT. POSSIBLY 20 PERCENT.

BUT CERTAINLY NO MORE THAN THAT. SO THE ISSUE I'M BRINGING TO YOU IS IN LIGHT OF THE FACT. LET'S ASSUME FOR A SECOND THAT WE HAD 550 UNLICENSED RESTAURANTS DOING BUSINESS IN THE CITY OF FORT PIERCE. OR 550 GYMNASIUMS. I BELIEVE WE WOULD HAVE ALL COLLECTIVELY SAID WE HAVE A MUCH LARGER ISSUE TODAY JUST HERE THAN JUST A HANDFUL OF POTENTIAL VIOLATIONS WHEN IT COMES TO THE OPERATION OF THESE COMMERCIAL ENTERPRISES AND RESIDENTIAL ZONES. SO TAKING A STEP BACK, JENNIFER AND I COMPARED NOTES ON THIS. AND WE CAME TO THE CONCLUSION NOTHING NEEDED TO BRING A MORE COMPREHENSIVE AND ROBUST PROCESS TO THE TABLE TO BE ADDRESSED.

IN WHAT CAPACITY ARE WE GOING TO ADDRESS THAT? JENNIFER SUGGESTED THAT WE CONVENE A MEETING BETWEEN MYSELF, JENNIFER, CITY ATTORNEY PETE SWEENEY TO HAVE A ROUNDTABLE DISCUSSION. IN LIGHT OF THE FACT IT WAS CANCELED YESTERDAY, THIS GIVE US A LITTLE BIT OF TIME TO MOVE FORWARD IN THIS DISCUSSION. ALL THREE OF US CAME TO THE DISCUSSION FROM SOMEWHAT DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES. LOOKING AT FROM LEGAL, LOOKING AT IT FROM PLANNING, LOOKING AT IT FROM THE PLANNING BOARD AND THE CONSUMER AND RESIDENT AND PACKS OF THIS. AS WE ALL HAVE SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVE, BUT

[01:00:01]

INTERESTINGLY ENOUGH WE ALL CAME QUICKLY TO THE SAME CONCLUSION THAT WE NEEDED TO REQUEST ON THE CITY COMMISSION THE ABILITY TO STAFF A SHORT-TERM WORKING COMMITTEE.

AND THAT COMMITTEE WOULD CONSIST OF CITY DEPARTMENTS THAT HAVE A ROLE IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF THESE VACATION RENTALS, THE ENFORCEMENT OF THE VACATION RENTALS AND ANY OTHER PART OF THE PROCESS THAT BECOMES PART OF THE APPLICATION TO PRESENT IT TO THE PLANNING BOARD INTO THE CITY COMMISSION. I WOULD POINT OUT TO YOU.

ONE OF THE PROBLEMS THAT HAS CONCERNED ME FROM DAY ONE IN THIS PARTICULAR ARENA IS THAT WE HAVE PROPERTIES COMING FORWARD THAT WILL BE REPRESENTED AS X AND THEY ARE ACTUALLY WHY I HAVE A FOUR BEDROOM VACATION RENTAL AND ADVERTISING ONLINE.COME TO FIND OUT THE HOUSE IS ONLY PERMITTED FOR TWO BEDROOMS. SEE A WHOLE HOST OF BUILDING AND SAFETY ISSUES RELATIVE TO THOSE TYPES OF THINGS. BUT THAT IS JUST ONE ARENA THAT ELEVATES MY CONCERN. SO THE SUGGESTION WAS MADE BY ALL PARTIES AT THIS PARTICULAR MEETING THAT WE WOULD MAKE A RECOMMENDATION TO MODIFY THE REGULATIONS AND THE PLANNING BOARD TO THE CITY COMMISSION TO ENGAGE IN THIS TYPE OF COMMITTEE WORK.

NOW, LOOK AT THE MAKER OF THIS COMMITTEE. PLANNING, CODE ENFORCEMENT HAS A MAJOR ROLE. THE PLANNING BOARD NEEDS A VOICE AT THE TABLE.

WE ALSO NEED A REPRESENTATIVE FROM THE VACATION RENTAL INDUSTRY.

THIS IS CRITICALLY IMPORTANT SO WE CAN GET THEM TO THE TABLE AND THEY CAN HAVE BUY-IN WITH THE ULTIMATE END PRODUCT OF THIS STUDY WOULD BE THROUGH THE OTHER THING I'M SUGGESTING.

JENNIFER AND I TALKED ABOUT THIS AS WELL. THIS IS NOT A COMMITTEE WE ARE LOOKING TO HAVE FOR THIS WILL BE A YEAR-LONG EVENT. THIS NEEDS TO TAKE PLACE AND IT NEEDS TO TAKE PLACE NOW. THESE PROCESSES NEED TO BE PUT IN PLACE CURRENTLY.

SO THE DISCUSSION WE HAVE IS TO MAKE THIS A 90 DAY TYPE OPERATION TO MOVE THE AGENDA FORWARD RAPIDLY SO WE WOULD GO IN FRONT OF THE CITY COMMISSION.

WE WAS A LOOK, THIS IS THE FORMAT OF THE COMMITTEE WE ARE SUGGESTING BE RULED OUT.

GET THE CITY COMMISSION SPLIT IN, GET EVERYBODY WHO HAS BUY-IN ON THE TOPIC TO THE TABLE SO WE CAN CREATE AN PROCESSES AND PUT THEM IN PLACE AND SUBSEQUENTLY IF THOSE NEED TO BE REVIEWED IN THE FUTURE THAT COULD BE RECONVENE FOR MODIFICATIONS ETC. THE OTHER THING THAT REALLY CAUGHT MY ATTENTION ON THIS ISSUE WAS WHEN CITY ATTORNEY SWEENEY WAS IN ATTENDANCE AT TWO PLANNING BOARD MEETINGS AGO, HE PROVIDED US COPIES OF THE INDIAN RIVER APPLICATION. CANDIDLY WE ARE WOEFULLY BEHIND THE CURVE ON THIS.

ANYMORE EXPERTISE BROUGHT TO THE TABLE. THIS ISN'T GOING TO BE A ONE OFF OF THEM SUGGESTING GOING TO GET AWAY FROM TAKING STAFF RECOMMENDATIONS AND DOING ONE OFFS OF HAVING THIS WHERE ADDING THAT. WE ARE LITERALLY PANNING IN THE MARGINS HERE. WE NEED TO GET THIS MUCH MORE ELEVATED LEVEL GET THE EXPERTISE TO THE TABLE. SO THAT IS THE REASON WHY IT IS PULLED FROM THE AGENDA.

I FELT CANDIDLY SOMEWHAT ãI FELT BADLY ABOUT BECAUSE THE PLANNING BOARD HAD APPROVED AS MAKING THE PRESENTATION AT THAT MEETING. BUT WHEN I HAD THE OPPORTUNITY, YOU KNOW AND BEEN INVOLVED WITH THIS ISSUE ARE QUITE A LENGTH OF PERIOD OF TIME.

WHEN HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO EMBRACE THIS FURTHER, IT BECAME VERY APPARENT TO ME THAT THIS IS A SIGNIFICANT ISSUE THAT NEEDS A SIGNIFICANT RESPONSE. THAT'S WHAT I WANTED TO BRING BACK FOR RECONSIDERATION. THINK JENNIFER REALLY SPEARHEADED HER CONCERNS AND GOT ME DIGGING INTO THIS FURTHER. PETE SWEENEY BROUGHT FORWARD HIS CONCERNS OF THE MEETING AND THAT IS WHERE WE FIND OURSELVES NOW.

SO I THOUGHT IT WAS UNWARRANTED TO GIVE THE OTHER MEMBERS OF THE PLANNING BOARD A DETAILED EXPLANATION AS TO WHY WE DID NOT PROCEED WITH WHAT YOU HAD REQUESTED AND SIMPLY WANTED TO BRING IT BACK TO YOU TO SAVE LOOK, WE HAVE MORE OF AN ISSUE HERE THAN A COUPLE OF RECOMMENDATION CHANGES. WE NEED TO ROUGH OUR ARMS AROUND THIS.

SO THAT IS WHERE WE FIND OURSELVES CURRENTLY. >> I'M GOING TO BURN A LITTLE TIME. IT'S ONLY 3:00. WHAT WE ARE LOOKING AT IS NOT IN EFFECT ãIT REALLY DOESN'T HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE EXISTING ORDINANCE.

IS NOTHING WE ARE TALKING ABOUT HERE THAT WOULD HAVE ANY INTERRUPTION TO THE ORDINANCE IS UNDERSTOOD PRESENTLY BETWEEN THE CITY AND THE STATE. ALSO, THERE IS NOTHING BEING DISCUSSED HERE THAT, IF I UNDERSTAND THE TWO POTENTIAL BILLS THAT HAVE PASSED

[01:05:11]

COMMITTEES IN THE STATE LEGISLATOR, THAT THE LEGISLATURE DID NOT HEAR IN THEIR LAST MEETINGS MAY COME BEFORE THEM THIS YEAR IN 2021. BUT I DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING THAT HAS BEEN DISCUSSED. NO STATE LAWS OR REGULATIONS IM. WHAT IS IT EXACTLY THAT

DIVISION IS YOU ARE TRYING TO ACCOMPLISH? >> I BELIEVE THERE ARE MULTIPLE CITY DEPARTMENTS THAT HAVE SOME OWNERSHIP OF THIS PARTICULAR ISSUE.

CLEARLY PLANNING, BECAUSE THIS IS A CONDITIONAL USE REQUIREMENT.

PLANNING IS FULLY INVESTED IN THIS PROCESS, AS IS THE CITY COMMISSION.

I BELIEVE CODE ENFORCEMENT HAS OWNERSHIP OF SOME OF THIS ISSUE.

OR CERTAINLY HAS INPUT TO IT. THE BUILDING DEPARTMENT POTENTIALLY HAS INPUT TO THIS.

POLICE DEPARTMENT POTENTIALLY HAS INPUT TO THIS. WE ARE NOT GOING TO KNOW THE ANSWERS TO THOSE QUESTIONS UNTIL WE GET ALL THE FOLKS TO THE TABLE AND SAY OKAY, WHERE ARE YOU COMING, WHAT ãWHAT IS YOUR POSITION IN THIS OVERALL MANAGEMENT OF THESE TYPES OF COMMERCIAL OPERATIONS. SO HAVING SAID THAT, WE LOOK AT THE STAFF RECOMMENDATIONS.

I WILL GIVE YOU A PERFECT EXAMPLE DURING MS. BAKER MADE A MOTION AT THE LAST MOTION MEETING TO INCLUDE IN INSURANCE REQUIREMENT, WHICH I THINK IS A VERY VALID CONCERN IN THE BOARD SUBSEQUENTLY APPROVED THAT. UPON FURTHER INVESTIGATION, THERE WERE SEVERAL AVENUES THIS WENT DOWN. ONE IS I WENT INTO GREAT DETAIL OF THE INSURANCES OFFERED BY THESE PARTICULAR HOSTING PLATFORMS AND FOUND NOTHING RELATED TO ANY TYPE OF THIRD-PARTY COVERAGE. THIS WAS A BILATERAL TYPE INSURANCE THAT PROTECTED THE HOMEOWNER AND THE RENTER. SO THERE WAS NO THIRD PARTY FOR THE NEIGHBOR NEXT DOOR OR WHATEVER THE CASE MAY BE. SO I FOUND ISSUES WITH THAT PARTICULAR RECOMMENDATION BASED ON THAT. I ALSO HAD INFORMATION FROM THE CITY CLERKS OFFICE THAT I BELIEVE JENNIFER HAD PROVIDED THE CITY DOES NOT REQUIRE INSURANCE BE PROVIDED ON ANY TYPE OF BUSINESS OPERATION CURRENTLY WITHIN THE CITY. SO I FELT WHILE THAT IS A VERY IMPORTANT COMPONENT COMMIT NEEDS TO BE REFORMULATED TO ADDRESS THE CONCERNS THE PLANNING BOARD HAD AND TO DETERMINE IF THAT IS ACTUALLY DOABLE.

HOW IS THIS PROGRAM GOING TO BE MONITORED. AS FAR AS INSURANCE BEING KEPT IN PLACE ON RENTALS ETC., THE CITY CLERKS OFFICE IS NOT GEARED TO DO THIS SO YOU GO OUT AND SECURE YOUR INSURANCE POLICY FOR GLOBAL INSURANCE COVERAGE ON YOUR VACATION RENTAL AND YOU DON'T PAY THE. POINT IN THE NOTICE TO TERMINATE.

SO IT IS SOMEWHAT OF A REVOLVING DOOR AS FAR AS THAT PARTICULAR MATTER WAS CONCERNED. SO WELL THERE WAS CERTAINLY A GREAT IDEA, THE IMPLEMENTATION OF IT IS NONEXISTENT. AND THESE ARE THE TYPES OF PROBLEMS I BELIEVE WE ARE GOING TO RUN INTO OVER AND OVER AGAIN. CODE ENFORCEMENT.

WE ALL KNOW CODE ENFORCEMENT HAS AN EXTENSIVE NUTRITION INTO MONITORING THESE PROBLEMS AND IF WE GOT 600 SOME ODDITIES RUNNING IN THE CITY RIGHT NOW, I'M GOIG TO SUGGEST THAT IS NOT TAKING PLACE. BUILDING CHARACTER BUILDING MAY TAKE A POSITION IN THIS RELATIVE TO DOES THE STRUCTURE AS IT IS BEING ADVERTISED ACTUALLY MEET THE BUILDING DEPARTMENT REQUIREMENTS AS ORIGINALLY BUILT WAS SUBSEQUENTLY MODIFIED? DO WE HAVE AN EXISTING OUTSTANDING NON-CLOSED OUT PERMITS IN THE SYSTEM THAT NEED TO BE DEALT WITH? CAN YOU SEE, OVER AND OVER AND OVER EVERY TIME YOU PULL ON A STRING A DIFFERENT DEPARTMENT WITHIN THE CITY COMES INTO PLAY.

AND WITHOUT HAVING THE CAPABILITY CURRENTLY OR TWO DATE OF HAVING ALL THOSE PARTIES AT THE TABLE TO PARTICIPATE IN THAT DISCUSSION, WE ARE SIMPLY ãTHESE ARE UNKNOWNS TO US. TO LOOK AT OTHER MUNICIPALITIES AND COUNTIES FROM THAT'S WHEN THE DISCUSSION BECOMES VERY UNIQUE. BECAUSE THEY HAVE EXHAUSTED APPLICATION PROCEDURES THAT MAKE YOU PROVIDE AN ABUNDANCE OF INFORMATION THAT WE ARE SIMPLY NOT EVEN SCRATCHING THE SURFACE OF YET. AND THE CONDITIONAL USE PROCES , WHILE IT IS CURRENTLY ALLOWED UNDER THE STATE OF FLORIDA LAW BECAUSE IT WAS PRE-EXISTING FROM 2011. THAT MAY CHANGE.OU MAY BE ABSOLUTELY CORRECT THAT THAT MAY BE LIMITED IN THE FUTURE BY THE LEGISLATIVE. BUT HAVING SAID THAT, IF WE

[01:10:01]

HAVE A STANDALONE APPLICATION PROCESS THAT IS GOING TO REQUIRE THE PROPERTY OWNER IS GOING TO PROVIDE AN ABUNDANCE OF INFORMATION. THAT THE APPLICATION IS INVESTED IN APROPER FORMAT, MAKE SURE THE INFORMATION BEING PROVIDED IS ACCURATE , ETC., I BELIEVE THAT THE CITY OF FORT PIERCE IS GOING TO BE WELL SERVED BY AT LEAST REVIEWING THE PROCESS. TO BRING IT TO THE TABLE AND SAY OKAY, WE'VE CHECKED ALL THE BOXES HERE WE MAY COME BACK AND SAY THAT IS NOT REALLY RELATIVE TO WHAT WE ARE TRYING TO DO WE YES, IT IS VERY RELATIVE TO WHAT WE ARE TRYING TO DO. WE DON'T KNOW.

>> AND IF I MAY ADD A FEW POINTS TO THAT ALSO. I THINK THIS WOULD BE OF BENEFIT TO BOTH PARTIES. CITY AS WELL AS THOSE THAT ARE RENTING OUT THERE UNITS.

WE HAVE NOT HEARD FROM THEM. WHAT WE ARE FINDING IS WE HAVE IMPOSED THESE CONDITIONS, MOTHER WAS FROM THE PLANNING BOARD OF THE CITY COMMISSION THERE IS A WANTING CONFLICT THROUGH THE PARKING. IT DOESN'T EVEN MEET WHAT WE ARE CONSIDERING THESE VACATION RENTALS. THEY ARE CONSIDERED IN THE HOTEL THE REQUIRES 1.6 PARKING SPACES PER ROOM TO RENT WHEN THAT MAY MEET ONE. IF IT IS A ONE OR TWO BEDROOM APARTMENT OR CONDOMINIUM. BUT THAT MAY NOT BE APPLICABLE TO A SINGLE-FAMILY HOME THAT HAS FOUR OR FIVE BEDROOMS. SO WE NEED TO HAVE A LARGER GROUP THAT HAS BOTH THE INDUSTRY AS WELL AS STAFF. WE ARE NOT IN THE BUSINESS. SO IF WE CAN GET BUY IN FROM THEM, WE COULD HAVE A PROGRAM THAT EVERYONE AGREES TO.OF COURSE THERE'S GOING TO BE COMPROMISES. YOU CAN MAKE EVERYONE HAPPY THE FIRST TIME TO READ BUT AT LEAST WE COULD HAVE EVERYONE COME TO THE TABLE AND DISCUSS THESE THINGS.

WHAT WORKS, WHAT DOESN'T. AND EVEN THE COLLECTION OF FEES .

IS GOING TO BE ON AN ANNUAL BASIS? WE THOUGHT OF CONDITIONS OF APPROVAL FOR THIS CONDITIONAL USE PROMISE THAT WE NEED TO MAKE SURE MAKE CENTS.

AND THAT IS IN LINE WITH THE OTHER MUNICIPALITIES WHO HAVE THE ABILITY TO SET STANDARDS.

AND A LOT OF CITIES DO NOT. THEY ARE PREEMPTED BY THE STATE AND GET IT JUST IS WHAT IT IS.

BUT THERE ARE AREAS LIKE IN THE RIVER COUNTY. WE ARE GOING TO TRY TO GET SOMEONE TO COME AND SPEAK TO US AT THIS COMMITTEE MEETING. AND HAVE THE COMMISSION APPOINT REPRESENTATIVES FOR THAT COMMITTEE. THAT IS WHAT WE ARE GOING TO ã OUR PLAN IS TO DISCUSS AT THIS COMING COMMISSION AGENDA MEETING.

>> KEY POINTS THAT JENNIFER JUST TOUCHED ON HERE IS FEES. CLEARLY IN EVERY APPLICATION I HAVE SEEN RELATIVE TO VACATION RENTALS THERE IS AN ANNUALFEE , $250.

I'M GOING TO HUNDRED DOLLARS FOR ONE OF THE ISSUES WE ARE RUNNING INTO IS A STAFFING ABILITY OF THE CITY TO MANAGE THE INDUSTRY, CODE COMPLIANCE DOESN'T HAVE THE STAFFING TO DO IT. ETC. HOW ARE WE GOING TO ADDRESS THAT? THE THOUGHT PROCESS IS VERY SIMPLE. DON'T NEED A CALCULATOR TO FIGURE OUT IF YOU HAVE 600 OF THESE THINGS KICKING AROUND OUT THERE, $200 PER YEAR PER RENTAL. AND THE ARGUMENT DOESN'T WASH WITH ME THAT TO PAY A PERMIT FEE TO RUN YOUR BUSINESS ON AN ANNUAL BASIS IS GOING TO CRIPPLE YOUR BUSINESS.

AND THAT IS THE CASE, YOU SHOULDN'T BE IN BUSINESS. SO SIMPLY THE VISA CAN BE GENERATED FROM THIS ARENA, BECAUSE THEY ARE BUSINESSES NOW COVERED MUST BE CLEAR ABOUT THIS. THIS IS NOT A PART TIME THING. THESE ARE COMMERCIAL ENTERPRISES BEING RUN IN RESIDENTIAL NEIGHBORHOODS. IT IS AS SIMPLE AS THAT.

SO IF THEY ARE PERMIT FEES INVOLVED, AND THE CITY CAN POSSIBLY DISCUSS ENGAGING THE SERVICES OF A CODE OFFICER THAT IS GOING TO SPECIALIZE IN THIS PARTICULAR ARENA.

AND MANAGE THIS OVERALL ISSUE. SO THOSE OF THE TYPES OF THINGS THAT ONCE AGAIN I COME BACK TO. EVERY TIME WE PULLED THE STRING ON A PARTICULAR SUBJECT, IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE FOR US TO BE GOING BACK TO THE PLANNING BOARD AND BACK TO THE CITY COMMISSION WITH ONE AT A TIME RECOMMENDATIONS THAT WE WANT TO INCORPORATE.

IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE. FROM A BUSINESS PERSPECTIVE WE NEED TO STOP THIS APPROPRIATELY AND COME UP WITH THE RECOMMENDATIONS TO PRESENT IN THE CITY COMMISSION THAT WE FEEL ARE WARRANTED TO MOVE THIS FORWARD. AND GOING TO STRESS THIS POINT AGAIN. THIS IS NOT A LITTLE HOBBY THING ANYMORE.

THIS IS GOING TO BECOME ãI STATED IN A PAPER I WORK WROTE IN JANUARY 2017.

I SAID THIS IS GOING TO BECOME THE LARGEST EYE TO THE PLANNING BOARD AND CITY COMMISSION DEAL WITH IN THE YEARS MOVING FORWARD. THAT WAS ALMOST 4 YEARS AGO NOW. AND NOW WE FIND OURSELVES WITH THESE THINGS COMING IN.

>> SIX OR SEVEN OR NO. >> AND IT IS JUST THE START. >> I THINK YOU HAVE DONE A TREMENDOUSLY GREAT JOB. AND YOU HAVE ONE CAVEAT TO THAT FOR YOUR OPINION ON THE INSURANCE AVAILABILITY IS MISTAKEN. I TOOK MY INFORMATION FROM A

[01:15:02]

POLICY THAT IS AVAILABLE FROM AIR B&B. AS I MENTIONED, MY GRANDDAUGHTER RUNS AN AIR B&B. AND LOOKED AT THE POLICY AND ONE ONLINE AND FOUND THAT ONLY THE POLICIES AVAILABLE THROUGH THE VARIOUS AGENCIES LIKE AIR B&B, BUT ANYONE WHO HAS A HOMEOWNERS INSURANCE POLICY CAN GET A WRITER ON THEIR HOME OWNERS INSURANCE POLICY FOR BUSINESS USE OF THEIR HOME. IT IS EASY TO GET. IT IS EXPENSIVE, BUT IT IS EASY TO GET. I WOULD BE HAPPY TO SEND YOU ALL THE INFORMATION.

>> MR. CHAIR? I WOULD JUST LIKE TO SAY IT'S VERY GRATIFYING TO KNOW THERE IS A PLAN TO GET ALL THE PLAYERS TOGETHER SO THEY CAN COME UP WITH A STRONG COMPREHENSIVE PLAN FOR VACATION RENTALS AND DWELLINGS. IT IS VERY DISCOURAGING FOR ME AS A MEMBER OF THE BOARD TO HAVE TO STACK ON SOMETHING EVERY OTHER MONTH TO THIS PARTICULAR AREA WE ARE WITH. SO TO GET THE PLAYERS TOGETHER AND TO COME UP WITH A PLAN THAT IS GOING TO BE SOLID, IT'S THERE. SOMEONE ANYBODY APPLIES FOR VACATION RENTAL OR TO BE A VACATION RENTAL OWNER, THEN EVERYTHING IS THERE AND WE ARE NOT CONSTANTLY CHANGING THE RULES ON THEM. SO I AM VERY PLEASED.

>> THANK YOU. THE WORK THAT THE BOARD HAS DONE ON THIS UP UNTIL NOW, WITH THAT WORK DID WAS PROVIDE US WITH A ROADMAP SO IT BECAME VERY OBVIOUS THAT WE NEED TO DO MORE WORK ON THIS BEFORE WE WENT BACK TO THE COMMISSION. AND I THINK THAT PERHAPS WE MIGHT WIND UP WITH IS SOMETHING HERE THAT MIGHT TAKE VACATION RENTALS OUT OF CONDITIONAL USE ALTOGETHER. PERHAPS WE WON'T SEE THEM ANYMORE.

IF AN APPLICATION COMES INTO THE CITY AND ALL THE MATERIAL IS WITH IT AND IT GOES THROUGH THE NECESSARY REVIEW, IT MAY BE AT SOME POINT ALL THAT IS NEEDED.

AND THEN WE DON'T HAVE TO FOOL WITH THESE THINGS IN A THAT IS THE COMMISSION.

LOOK AT THE HOURS THE PCOMMISSIONERS SPEND ON THESE THINGS.

NOT ONLY DO WE DO THE VETTING HERE, BUT THEN THEY GET THEM AND SOME OF THOSE PROJECTS THEY WILL SPEND AS MUCH TIME AS WE DO ON THEM. AND IT SHOULDN'T HAPPEN.

IT'S A BIG BUSINESS. FORT PIERCE ISN'T GAINING ANYTHING OUT OF THIS BIG BUSINESS IN REVENUE GENERATION. BUT IT IS A BIG BUSINESS AND WE ARE ALL SPENDING A LOT OF HOURS ON IT. AND SO IS THE COMMISSION. I THINK WHERE WE ARE GOING WITH THIS NOW IN THE DISCUSSIONS WE ARE HAVING NO IS TRULY IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION FROM YOU AND YOU ALL PLAYED A BIG PART IN THAT.ALL THE COMMENTS YOU HAVE MADE IN VARIOUS MEETINGS, TRUST ME, IT DID NOT GO IN VAIN FROM THIS IS SOMETHING THAT IS BEING LOOKED AT AND PAID ATTENTION TWO FOR A LONG TIME BY MYSELF, BY JENNIFER SINCE SHE HAS BEEN HERE AND CERTAINLY BY THE COMMISSION OVER THE LAST TWO OR THREE YEARS. JUST FROM COMMENTS MADE FROM THE COMMISSIONERS LEVEL IN THOSE MEETINGS CONCERNING VACATION RENTALS AND THE WORK BEING DONE ON THEM. BUT ALL THOSE COMMENTS ALL COME INTO PLAY IN THIS DISCUSSION.

EVERYTHING YOU BROUGHT TO THE TABLE THE LAST MONTH OR MONTH BEFORE CONCERNING INSURANCE, IT'S NOT BEING THROWN ASIDE. ON'T GET THAT IMPRESSION. IT IS BEING LOOKED AT.

AND HOW CAN IT BE IMPLEMENTED IN WHAT THE CITY IS DOING TODAY OR WHAT HAS TO CHANGE IN THE CITY IN ORDER FOR THINGS LIKE THAT TO BE IMPLEMENTED. IN MY NOT STATING THIS CORRECTLY? I MEAN, IF I AM DOING SOMETHING JUST THROW SOMETHING AT ME.

TUNE IN ON IT A LITTLE. PINPOINT IT A LITTLE BIT MORE AND TRULY GET A GOOD FIRM COMMITTEE WITH ALL THE PARTNERS INVOLVED TO COMMIT TO THAT COMMITTEE AND HAVE A VOICE IN IT SO THAT WE DON'T SEND SOMETHING TO COMMISSION THAT THE COMMISSION LOOKS UP AND SAYS WE WILL GO WITH THAT. AND ALL OF US THAT WE HAVE CREATED A PROBLEM FOR CODE ENFORCEMENT THAT THEY DIDN'T NEED. THAT DEPARTMENT IS BUYING INTO WHAT WE ARE SUGGESTING, THEY ARE BUYING INTO IT UPFRONT AND WE DON'T HAVE ANY FRICTION AT THE TAIL END OF THIS THING. LOOKS LIKE YOU WANT TO ADD SOMETHING QUICK.

[01:20:03]

>> I JUST WANTED TO ASK A QUESTION. WHAT IS ST. LUCIE COUNTY DOING? BECAUSE OBVIOUSLY YOU WILL KNOW WE ARE MUNICIPALITY OF ST. LUCIE COUNTY, PORT ST. LUCIE IS

OBVIOUSLY DOING SOMETHING. >> THEY JUST FOLLOW THESTATE REGULATIONS.

IS ADMINISTERED THROUGH THE STATE DEPARTMENT OF BUSINESS AND PROFESSIONAL REGULATION.

THEY COME IN, TO GET A BUSINESS TAX . >> SO THEY DON'T HAVE ANY

CONDITIONAL USE? >> THEY DO NOT. >> WHAT THE ST. LUCIE COUNTY TO? WHAT I BELIEVE JUST THE SAME. THE ONLY ONE IN OUR AREA IS INDIAN RIVER COUNTY THAT HAS A PROGRAM WHERE YOU COME IN, YOU ANNUALLY HAVE TO PAY YOUR FEE

AND THIS NUMBER OF REQUIREMENTS YOU MUST JUMP THROUGH. >> IN A SENSE WE ARE SORT OF AN

ISLAND ON OUR OWN. >> CORRECT. BECAUSE WE DID HAVE LEGISLATION

IN PLACE IN 2001. >> LET ME ASK YOU THIS QUESTION.

POTENTIAL OTHER MEMBERS TO THE COMMITTEE. BECAUSE HE INDICATED HE WANTED TO GET ALL-INCLUSIVE. AND I DON'T KNOW IF THESE PEOPLE SHOULD BE THERE, SHOULDN'T BE THERE.UT I WAS THINKING OF A MEMBER FROM OUR CRA.

BECAUSE SO MANY OF THESE AREAS ARE IN THE CRA DISTRICT. ESPECIALLY BECAUSE ALL SOUTH

BEACH CRA. WHETHER SOMEONE FROM THE CRA. >> FROM THE ADVISORY BOARD COMMITTEE? I THINK THAT IS WHEN WE SHOULD DEFINITELY CONSIDER.

I THINK THAT IS WONDERFUL. >> I THOUGHT ABOUT THAT WE WANT TO ASKED THE QUESTION IN REGARDS TO THE COUNTY. I DON'T KNOW IF IT IS CALLED THE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE OR SOMETHING WITHIN THE CITY, I KNOW WE HAVE AN ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE,

DON'T WE? >> WE DO. THE COUNTY IS PRIMARILY FOCUS ON OUR MAIN TRADES AND INDUSTRIES AND THIS IS NOT THE ONES THAT ARE IDENTIFIED.

MOST OF THEM ARE LARGER.IKE MANUFACTURING. I COULD REACH OUT.

>> I'M JUST THINKING. AND THE OTHER ONE, IS THERE A TOURIST DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE

QUICK. >> THAT WOULD BE PROBABLY THE ONE I WOULD THINK WOULD BE MORE

APPROPRIATE. >> IF IT IS SOMETHING FROM THE COUNTY THAT IS A TOURIST DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE OR WE HAVE SOMETHING THAT IS SIMILAR TO THAT HERE IN THE CITY, I

DON'T KNOW IF WE DO OR WE DON'T. >> WE DON'T, BUT I DO BELIEVE THEY MIGHT BE ONE OF THE GROUPS THAT ARE MOVING OVER TO OUR ADDITION OVER IN THE BUILDING DEPARTMENT. IN THE PARKING STRUCTURES.> OKAY.

>> I THINK THAT IS WONDERFUL. >> AND TRY TO BROADEN ãNOT NECESSARILY BROADEN.

SOMETIMESTOO MANY COOKS IN THE KITCHEN KILLED THE KITCHEN. AND THEN OF COURSE THE EXTRA

THESE FOLKS HAVE OR DON'T HAVE . >> IT COULD BE THAT THE COMMITTEE INVITES ONE OF THESE OTHER PLACES IN TO SPEAK TO THEM ABOUT CERTAIN MATERIAL THAT THEY NEED. BUT I WOULD LIKE ãPERSONALLY I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THIS.

ONCE THE COMMITTEE IS FORMED AND I BELIEVE OUR NEXT STEP IS TO PRESENT THIS CONCEPT TO THE COMMISSION AND THEN TURNED THE COMMISSION TO ASSIST US IN PUTTING THE COMMITTEE TOGETHER.

IS THAT CORRECT? SO ONCE THE COMMITTEE IS FORMED, PERSONALLY WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO SEE IS ON A 90 DAY TRAJECTORY TO HAVE SOMETHING THAT IS FIRM AND SOLID THAT WE

CAN TAKE BACK TO THE COMMISSION AND INTRODUCE IT TO THEM. >> THAT IS WHAT WE ARE HOPING.

>> I DON'T NECESSARILY SUGGEST THAT THE PLANNING DEPARTMENT OR PLANNING BOARD EXCLUSIVELY HAVE THEIR FINGERPRINTS ON THIS THING. THIS IS GOTTA BE SOMETHING EVERYBODY BUYS INTO FOR IT TO WORK. AND IT SHOULD BE FINANCIALLY

SELF-SUPPORTING WHEN IT IS DONE. >> I JUST WANTED TO THANK MR. BRODERICK. WAS ONE OF THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE AND WELL THOUGHT OUT EXPLANATIONS AND I VERY MUCH APPRECIATED YOU TRULY EDUCATED ME.

I THINK THIS ISSUE IS SO IMPORTANT. I THINK THE IDEA YOU HAD OF GETTING A COMMITTEE TOGETHER IS IMPERATIVE. AND I WISH YOU ALL THE LUCK AND

IT. >> DIDN'T SAY I WAS GOING TO BE ON THE COMMITTEE.

>> MS. BAKER, I WAS NOT IN ANY CAPACITY CRITICIZING THE MOTION RODEO ACTUALLY VOTED IN FAVOR OF IT AS WELL AT THE MEETING. WHAT IT DID HIGHLIGHT IS THE POINT OF ONCE IT WAS IN PLACE, THE ADMINISTRATION OF THAT ALL OF A SUDDEN BECAME GOODNESS, WHAT HAPPENS WITH THIS NOW.

THE STAFF RECOMMENDATION IS THERE, IT GOES OUT THERE UNDER THE SEDATE COMMISSION, IT GETS APPROVED IN THE PUBLIC CONSUMPTION.HERE IS THE MONITORING, OR IS A COLLECTION OF THE DATA IT WOULD HOW IT IS ALL THIS TAKING PLACE. OF BLUE JENNIFER CONTACTED THE CITY CLERKS OFFICE TO SEE IF THERE IS A MECHANISM IN PLACE FOR THIS AND IT IS NOT.

SO WE KINDA CREATED THIS WHOLE HIERARCHY OF RESPONSIBILITIES THAT NOBODY HAS PARTICIPATION IN. AND THAT IS THE REASON I WAS HIGHLIGHTING THAT.

[01:25:02]

OKAY, HOW MANY MORE TIMES ARE WE GOING TO DO THAT AT THE PLANNING BOARD LEVEL WITHOUT HAVING THE BACKUP NECESSARY THE RECOMMENDATION.WASN'T PICKING ON IT BY ANY MEANS.

>> I AGREE 100 PERCENT. BECAUSE RIGHT NOW BUT WE DO PASS HERE ON A CONDITIONAL USE IS NOT CARRIED OUT. BECAUSE WE CAN REQUIRE THAT SOMEBODY PAVE THE DRIVEWAY.

BUT THEY GET THE CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT AND THEY GET THEIR LICENSES AND THEY OPERATE WITHOUT HAVING FULFILLED THE CONDITIONAL USE CONDITIONS. SO THERE IS NO FOLLOW-UP, IT'S CHAOS IS WHAT IT IS RIGHT NOW. AND YOUR SUGGESTION OF GETTING A SEPARATE DEPARTMENT IS ABSOLUTELY ãRIGHT NOW THE BEST PART A CODE ENFORCEMENT IS A VOLUNTEER WHO IS FINDING PEOPLE RUNNING THE VACATION RENTALS WITHOUT APPROVAL IT WOULD THAT IS NOT THE WAY TO RUN A RAILROAD, THAT IS FOR SURE. WE ARE BETTER THAN THIS. WE ARE VERY LUCKY THAT WE HAVE HAD THE 2011 THING THAT KEPT US OUT OF THE MAELSTROM OF VACATION RENTALS THAT HAVE HIT OTHER OCEANFRONT COMMUNITIES. BECAUSE IN SOME AREAS IT IS COMPLETELY DESTROYED NEIGHBORHOODS. COMPLETELY DESTROYED ALL COMMUNITIES.

AND SO FAR WE HAVE BEEN LOOKING. WE HAVE DODGED A BULLET.

BUT WE CAN'T JUST CONTINUE TO OPERATE THE WAY WE HAVE BEEN DOING.

WE DO NEED TO DO BETTER. >> IF I MAY CHAIRMAN. JUST TO MAKE YOU ALL FEEL BETTER ABOUT THOSE CONDITIONS OF APPROVAL THROUGH SIDEWALKS, DRIVEWAYS.

IN ORDER FOR ME TO SIGN OFF ON THE BTR, AND LOOK TO MAKE SURE THOSE CONDITIONS HAVE BEEN MET AND THAT THE APPLICANT HAS SUBMITTED THE DRIVEWAY PERMIT. I KNOW WE HAD TWO OF THEM NOW THAT ONE HAS NOT SIGNED UP ON THE BTR AND THEY HAVE AN EVENT SUBMITTED YET.

AND THE OTHER ONE IS IN CONVERSATIONS WITH ENGINEERING WITH REGARD TO THE REQUIREMENTS FOR THE DRIVEWAY. I JUST DON'T WANT YOU ALL TO FEEL LIKE YOU ARE DOING THESE

CONDITIONS OF APPROVAL AND THEY ARE NOT BEING ENFORCED. >> WELL, THINGS HAVE CHANGED.

IN THE LAST TWO YEARS. YEAR ANYWAY. AT LEAST A YEAR, RIGHT?

>> HAS BEEN JUST OVER A YEAR. BUT EVEN PRIOR. IF THERE WERE SIDEWALK AND THE PAYMENTS THAT NEEDED TO BE PAID, THEY WERE PAID THE PLANNING BEFORE THEY SIGNED OFF

ON THE BTR. >> OKAY. ALL RIGHT.

ANYTHING FROM ANYONE ELSE? >> GERMAN,I AM GOING TO BE SUBMITTING AN OFFICIAL LETTER OF RESIGNATION, BUT I DID WANT TO GIVE EVERYBODY HERE A HEAD'S UP.

>> THAT WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. >> I'M GOING TO BE MOVING.> YOU WILL JUST HAVE TO COME

BACK. >> I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO STAY AND SEE HOW THIS WORKS OUT BECAUSE I AM VERY INTERESTED IN THE SHORT-TERM RENTALS ON THE VACATION RENTALS.

BUT WE WILL BE MOVING PROBABLY BEFORE THE END OF THE YEAR. I WILL BE SUBMITTING, BUT I WANT TO LET EVERYBODY KNOW HOW MUCH I APPRECIATE IT THE SHORT TERM I HAVE BEEN ON THE BOARD AND HOW MUCH I HAVE LEARNED. AND I THANK YOU ALL FOR ALL YOUR HELP.

>> WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT AND WE WILL MISS YOU. BUT WE STILL MAY NOT ACCEPT

THAT RESIGNATION. >> CHAIRMAN, I HOPE I AM NOT OUT OF ORDER.

I JUST WANT TO INTRODUCE TO YOU WILL OUR NEW INTERN. SHE IS GOING TO BE COMING TO US. HER NAME IS MIA MORRISON AND SHE IS IN THE BACK.

>> IWAS FIXING TO ASK YOU ABOUT THIS YOUNG LADY. >> I HAD THE FINE PLEASURE OF MEETING HER . IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO COME UP. SHE WAS A GUEST AT THE LINCOLN PARK COMMUNITY INPUT MEETING THAT WAS HELD A COUPLE OF WEEKS BACK.

SHE CAME WITH A WHOLE LIST OF IDEAS AND CONCEPTS WHICH IS GREAT INTEREST IN ARCHITECTURE AND URBAN DESIGN. SO WE WOULD HAVE MADE CONTACT, SHE HAS ALREADY GIVEN HER INPUT ON KINGS LANDING SITE PLAN. SO WE ARE VERY, VERY EXCITED TO HAVE HER COME IN FOR MAYBE FOUR

OR FIVE HOURS A WEEK AND HELP US OUT. >> THAT IS WONDERFUL.

VERY GOOD. >> I'M SURPRISED THEY HAVEN'T TESTY WITH 40 HOURS A WEEK YET.

>> NOT YET. >> IT IS COMING. DON'T BE BASHFUL.

IT IS COMING.

WITH. VERY GOO >> THINK YOU WILL.

[01:30:03]

THANK YOU. >> THE ONLY OTHER COMMENT I HAVE GOT IS JUST A REMINDER.

NOT NECESSARILY TO THIS GROUP, BUT PERHAPS TO WHO EVER IS WATCHING THIS.

WE HAVE AN ELECTIONCOMING UP . IF YOU HAVEN'T HEARD. IT IS A VERY IMPORTANT ELECTION.OT ONLY NATIONALLY, BUT STATEWIDE. AND PARTICULARLY HERE IN OUR LOCAL GOVERNMENT. SO GET EVERYTHING YOU NEED AND GO AND VOTE.

THERE ARE PLENTY OF WAYS TO DO THAT THIS YEAR. THERE IS NO REASON NOT TO.

AND LET'S GET THE RIGHT PEOPLE IN TO THE RIGHT SEATS. AND THAT IS ALL I HAVE.

SO IF NO ONE HAS AN OBJ

* This transcript was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.